1. What is the setting where the play begins?
(a) In the interior of a palace.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In a Pullman car.
(d) In an American slave auction.
2. Where is the play set?
(a) Florida Keys.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) West Indies.
3. What is the throne in the palace made of?
(a) Pearls and jewels.
(b) Uncut wood.
(c) Precious metals and stones.
4. What color is the throne?
(a) Bright red with an orange cushion.
(b) Dark green with a green cushion.
(c) Jet black with a woven mat cushion.
(d) Ivory with an animal fur cushion.
5. Who is the first character to appear on stage?
(b) An old woman.
(c) Emperor Jones.
6. What is the basis for Smithers' authority in the palace?
(a) He is a white man.
(b) He is the emperor's right hand man.
(c) He is the emperor.
(d) He is a medicine man.
7. What does Smithers talk to the old woman about in the first scene?
(a) Where Emperor Jones hid his food.
(b) Where the other whites have gone.
(c) When the natives are going to kill Emperor Jones.
(d) Where she is going.
This section contains 5,443 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)