1. What is the setting where the play begins?
(a) In a Pullman car.
(b) In the interior of a palace.
(c) In an American slave auction.
(d) In the forest.
2. Where is the play set?
(a) Florida Keys.
(c) West Indies.
(d) New Orleans.
3. What is the throne in the palace made of?
(a) Pearls and jewels.
(c) Uncut wood.
(d) Precious metals and stones.
4. What color is the throne?
(a) Dark green with a green cushion.
(b) Jet black with a woven mat cushion.
(c) Bright red with an orange cushion.
(d) Ivory with an animal fur cushion.
5. Who is the first character to appear on stage?
(a) Emperor Jones.
(b) An old woman.
6. What is the basis for Smithers' authority in the palace?
(a) He is the emperor.
(b) He is the emperor's right hand man.
(c) He is a white man.
(d) He is a medicine man.
7. What does Smithers talk to the old woman about in the first scene?
(a) When the natives are going to kill Emperor Jones.
(b) Where the other whites have gone.
(c) Where Emperor Jones hid his food.
(d) Where she is going.
This section contains 5,443 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)