|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corporate consultant and psychoanalyst Harry Levinson advises managers on how to coach employees. What is the third piece of advice he gives?
(a) Be specific.
(b) Offer a solution.
(c) Be present.
(d) Be sympathetic.
2. Psychologist Bruce McEven showed in studies that what weaken the immune system, increasing vulnerability to diabetes, ulcers, and the spread of cancer?
(a) Stress and anxiety.
(b) Happiness and love.
(c) Anger and fear.
(d) Fear and loathing.
3. Emotions, like instincts, have helped humans survive by doing what, according to the author in Part One: Chapter 1, “What Are Emotions For?”
(a) Encouraging relationships.
(b) Driving them to action.
(c) Portraying strength.
(d) Creating a universal language for all humans.
4. What German psychologist coined the term “IQ”?
(a) Daniel Weinberger.
(b) John Gottman.
(c) William Stern.
(d) Leslie Brody.
5. In a study by psychologist Martin Seligman, salesmen who were optimists sold how much more insurance in their first two years on the job than did pessimists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Antonio Damasio works at the College of Medicine at what university?
2. Jerome Kagan is a developmental psychologist from what university?
3. Psychologist C. R. Snyder studied students’ grades in relation to their level of what?
4. What is the specialization of Howard Gardner?
5. The left and right pre-frontal lobes of the brain’s cortex balance the emotional responses of what?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)