|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jerome Kagan found four temperamental types that have different patterns of brain activity. What is the second described in Part Four: Chapter 14, “Temperament Is Not Destiny”?
2. What psychologist states that psychopaths may lack compassion and empathy for others because they themselves do not feel fear and cannot anticipate consequences in Part Two: Chapter 7, “The Roots of Empathy”?
(a) T. Berry Brazelton.
(b) C. R. Snyder.
(c) Ted Huston.
(d) Robert Hare.
3. Marriages that began in 1990 suffered a divorce rate of what percentage, according to the author in Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies”?
4. What is the first part of the human fetal brain to develop?
(a) The brainstem.
(b) The hippocampus.
(c) The neocortex.
(d) The amygdala.
5. As businesses rely more and more on teamwork in a global environment, the more prized employees will be the ones who demonstrate what?
(a) Somatic markers.
(b) Anger management.
(c) Verbal development.
(d) Emotional intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. What is the first?
2. In philosophy, what is the characteristic of any action, belief, or desire that makes their choice a necessity?
3. Where did Daniel Goleman earn his Ph.D.?
4. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. Which of these experience and control their emotions to that they remain on an even keel?
5. Leslie Brody and who summarize research on the emotional development of boys and girls in Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies”?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)