|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The left and right pre-frontal lobes of the brain’s cortex balance the emotional responses of what?
(a) The hippocampus.
(b) The olfactory lobe.
(c) The neocortex.
(d) The amygdala.
2. At what age can children separate their own feelings from the feelings of others, according to the author in Part Two: Chapter 7, “The Roots of Empathy”?
(a) 5 ½.
(b) 2 ½.
3. What are released by the adrenal glands as a reaction to stress, raising blood pressure, heart rate and the breathing rate and increasing muscle strength in a state of alertness?
4. Aside from social changes, the glue that holds a couple together is what, according to the author in Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies”?
(a) Christian beliefs.
(b) Inherited traits.
(c) Emotional intelligence.
5. Where did Daniel Goleman earn his Ph.D.?
(a) The University of Kansas.
(b) The University of Washington.
(c) Emory University.
(d) Harvard University.
Short Answer Questions
1. The left pre-frontal lobe of the brain can turn off or dampen what emotion?
2. What term refers to a learning disability in reading nonverbal messages?
3. Lawsuits against what corporation for their poor treatment of black patrons cost the company in money and in reputation, according to the author in Part Three: Chapter 10, “Managing with Heart”?
4. Jerome Kagan is a developmental psychologist from what university?
5. Who found that husbands find disagreements more stressful and therefore have a lower threshold for flooding leading them to stonewall as a protective defense?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)