|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Part Two: Chapter 5, “Passion's Slaves,” anger, if not cut off, will fuel itself into what?
2. Marriages that began in 1890 suffered a divorce rate of what percentage, according to the author in Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies”?
3. T. Berry Brazelton is a pediatrician from what institution?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) The University of Alabama.
(c) The University of Kansas.
(d) Yale University.
4. What is medically recognized as a mental and emotional condition in which a person experiences intense feelings of depression, discontent and indifference to the world around them?
(a) Narcissistic personality disorder.
(b) Bipolar disorder
5. Venting anger generally does what, according to the author in Part Two: Chapter 5, “Passion's Slaves”?
(a) Fuels it.
(b) Reduces it.
(c) Acknowledges it.
(d) Justifies it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychologist developed a test for empathy called the Profile of Nonverbal Sensitivity?
2. Charisma combines four separate interpersonal intelligence components. What is the third?
3. Psychologists Peter Salovey and John Mayer define emotional intelligence into five categories. What is the third category?
4. According to the author, we cannot control when an emotion strikes or which emotion will strike, but we can control what?
5. In the doctor patient relationship, the doctor is trained to treat disease and injury but not what, according to the author in Part Three: Chapter 11, “Mind and Medicine”?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)