|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Churchill call Emma's lovely friend in a letter he sends to Mr. and Mrs. Weston?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Miss Fairfax.
(c) Miss Bates.
2. How does Mr. Woodhouse respond to Emma's engagement?
(a) He does not want Emma to marry at all.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He feels Mr. Knightley is not appropriate for his daughter.
(d) He is unhappy.
3. Why would Emma think Mr. Churchill's engagement might upset Harriet?
(a) Because she has been trying to match Harriet and Mr. Churchill together.
(b) Because Harriet is in love with Mr. Churchill.
(c) Because Harriet dislikes Miss Fairfax.
(d) Because Harriet is depressed that everyone is getting married except her.
4. Who becomes ill, causing Emma plenty of time to think of her regrets?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
5. What invitation do Emma and Mr. Knightley discuss as they walk in the garden at Hartfield?
(a) The invitation to Mr. Churchill's wedding.
(b) The invitation to Mrs. Weston's baby shower.
(c) The invitation to the Weston's party.
(d) The invitation to Mrs. Elton's picnic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
2. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
3. What game does Emma play with Mr. Churchill after tea at Hartfield?
4. Who befriends Miss Fairfax in the beginning of Volume 2, Chapter 15?
5. Who interrupts this visit, angry with Mr. George Knightley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret is revealed to Emma by Mrs. Weston?
2. Who attempts to humiliate Harriet? How?
3. Who disapproves of Emma's engagement to Mr. Knightley?
4. Who thinks the living arrangements Emma and Mr. Knightley have come up with are improper?
5. When Emma speaks to Mr. Knightley upon his return what does he tell her?
6. Who does Emma learn has passed away?
7. Why does Emma decide to throw a dinner party? Why does Emma insist on keeping the guest list down to eight names?
8. Who interferes with Emma's attempt to make amends with Miss Fairfax?
9. What does Emma learn when she visits the Bateses after Mrs. Elton's party at Box Hill?
10. Who is Emma afraid will be crushed by the news of Mr. Churchill's engagement?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)