|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emma feel when she sees Mr. Churchill and Miss Fairfax?
(a) Emma is cordial, but not happy.
(b) Emma refuses to attend their wedding.
(c) Emma forgives them.
(d) Emma is angry and leaves immediately.
2. What is the baby named?
3. Why is this person angry with Mr. George Knightley?
(a) Because Mr. Knightley stole his cow.
(b) Because Mr. Knightley was supposed to meet him at Donwell Abbey and did not.
(c) Because Mr. Knightley cheated him in a business deal.
(d) Because Mr. Knightley accused him of cheating at cards.
4. What visitor interrupts Emma's attempts at apologizing to this person she was previously unkind to?
(a) Miss Bates.
(b) Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mrs. Elton.
(d) Mrs. Bates.
5. Why is Emma put off with Mr. Churchill at this party?
(a) He only attends the party for a moment and then rushes off to have his haircut in London.
(b) He is angry and at first refuses to attend the picnic at Box Hill.
(c) He spends all his time talking to Miss Fairfax.
(d) He is rude and leaves the party early.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims Mr. Knightley protests Emma's question too much?
2. Who continues to be unpleasant and make rude comments, even at Emma's wedding?
3. What solution does Mr. George Knightley come up with for Emma's reasons for delaying their wedding?
4. What does Harriet think of the newly married couple?
5. What is Mr. John Knightley's response to Emma's engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Emma question about his feelings for Miss Fairfax? Does she believe his answers?
2. Who is Emma afraid will be crushed by the news of Mr. Churchill's engagement?
3. Why does Mr. Woodhouse change his mind about Emma marrying Mr. Knightley?
4. Who makes a nuisance of herself at Emma's dinner party? Why?
5. What decision does Mr. Knightley make when Emma tells him why she cannot marry him immediately?
6. What does Emma learn when she visits the Bateses after Mrs. Elton's party at Box Hill?
7. What convinces Emma she is not in love with Mr. Churchill? Who does Emma think would be a good match for Mr. Churchill?
8. Who has gotten married? What does Emma think of this match?
9. Why does Mr. Knightley continue to dislike Mr. Churchill?
10. What reason does Emma have to not get married right away?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)