|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What solution does Mr. George Knightley come up with for Emma's reasons for delaying their wedding?
(a) Mr. George Knightley suggests they hire a nurse for Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mr. George Knightley suggests he move into Hartfield.
(c) Mr. George Knighley suggests they find a woman to marry Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. George Knightley suggests Mr. Woodhouse go to live in London with Isabella.
2. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Miss Fairfax.
3. Why is this person angry with Mr. George Knightley?
(a) Because Mr. Knightley stole his cow.
(b) Because Mr. Knightley cheated him in a business deal.
(c) Because Mr. Knightley was supposed to meet him at Donwell Abbey and did not.
(d) Because Mr. Knightley accused him of cheating at cards.
4. Who has gone to London and run into Harriet?
(a) Miss Fairfax.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. Martin.
5. What news does Mr. Weston bring that causes Emma some agitation?
(a) That Mrs. Weston is ill.
(b) That Mr. Woodhouse has become ill.
(c) That Mr. Churchill plans to return.
(d) That Mr. George Knightley is to escort Miss Fairfax home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the humiliation of Harriet smoothed over?
2. What is Mr. Knightley's fear for this new baby?
3. What does Emma question Mr. Knightley about as they discuss Miss Fairfax's new friendship?
4. Who dies in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
5. Who is most scandalized by Mr. George Knightley's decision to move into Hartfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who disapproves of Emma's engagement to Mr. Knightley?
2. How does Miss Fairfax react to Emma's attempts to apologize for her past behavior?
3. Who leaves Mrs. Elton's party at Donwell Abbey early? Why?
4. Who makes a nuisance of herself at Emma's dinner party? Why?
5. Who does Emma learn has passed away?
6. Why does Mr. Knightley continue to dislike Mr. Churchill?
7. Who thinks the living arrangements Emma and Mr. Knightley have come up with are improper?
8. Who has gotten married? What does Emma think of this match?
9. What does Emma learn when she visits the Bateses after Mrs. Elton's party at Box Hill?
10. When Emma speaks to Mr. Knightley upon his return what does he tell her?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)