|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Mr. Churchill's aunt and uncle moving to London?
(a) To be closer to social season.
(b) To be closer to Highbury.
(c) To provide a warmer climate for the aunt's illness.
(d) To provide a home for an orphaned cousin.
2. What solution does Mr. George Knightley come up with for Emma's reasons for delaying their wedding?
(a) Mr. George Knightley suggests Mr. Woodhouse go to live in London with Isabella.
(b) Mr. George Knighley suggests they find a woman to marry Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mr. George Knightley suggests they hire a nurse for Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. George Knightley suggests he move into Hartfield.
3. What event does Emma feel should take place before she can marry?
(a) Miss Fairfax's wedding.
(b) Harriet's wedding.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) The birth of Mrs. Weston's child.
4. What game does Emma play at the picnic at Box Hill?
5. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
(a) A piece of plaster from an injured finger and a riddle.
(b) A pencil and a piece of plaster.
(c) A cigarette butt and a riddle.
(d) A glass he used and a pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a baby in Volume 3, Chapter 17?
2. Why is Mrs. Elton's picnic at Box Hill delayed?
3. Who does Emma regret attempting to play matchmaker with?
4. Who finds this decision on Miss Fairfax's part appalling?
5. Who chastises Emma, causing her to feel mortified?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Emma learn has passed away?
2. Who complains about the accoutrements of the wedding as Emma and Mr. Knightley are wed?
3. What secret is revealed to Emma by Mrs. Weston?
4. What does Harriet decide to destroy after her encounter with the gypsies?
5. About whom does Emma make a rude comment at Mrs. Elton's party at Box Hill? Why?
6. Who disapproves of Emma's engagement to Mr. Knightley?
7. How does Miss Fairfax react to Emma's attempts to apologize for her past behavior?
8. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with next?
9. When Emma speaks to Mr. Knightley upon his return what does he tell her?
10. Who decides to become a governess, making this announcement at Emma's dinner party?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)