|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma believe Harriet would be if allowed to remain in Hartfield?
(a) A distraction.
(b) A good helper.
(c) A sounding board for wedding preparations.
(d) Dead weight.
2. Who dies in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mrs. Churchill, Mr. Churchill's aunt.
3. Why is Emma put off with Mr. Churchill at this party?
(a) He is angry and at first refuses to attend the picnic at Box Hill.
(b) He is rude and leaves the party early.
(c) He only attends the party for a moment and then rushes off to have his haircut in London.
(d) He spends all his time talking to Miss Fairfax.
4. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
(a) To avoid appearing rude.
(b) To attempt to befriend Mrs. Elton.
(c) To celebrate Mr. Churchill's return.
(d) To please her father.
5. What news does Mr. Weston bring that causes Emma some agitation?
(a) That Mr. George Knightley is to escort Miss Fairfax home.
(b) That Mr. Churchill plans to return.
(c) That Mrs. Weston is ill.
(d) That Mr. Woodhouse has become ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Bateses and Miss Fairfax seem to know a lot about?
2. Who claims Mr. Knightley protests Emma's question too much?
3. Why is Emma happy about this incident in which Mr. Churchill has been forced to save Harriet?
4. What does Mr. George Knightley confess to Emma?
5. From what does Mr. Churchill save Harriet in Volume 3, Chapter 3?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)