|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emma happy about this incident in which Mr. Churchill has been forced to save Harriet?
(a) Emma believes it proves Harriet is worthy of the attentions of a gentleman like Mr. Churchill.
(b) Emma believes it will aid in her matchmaking attempt between Harriet and Mr. Churchill.
(c) Emma believes it proves Mr. Churchill cares for Harriet.
(d) Emma believes it will help Harriet see that not all men are cruel.
2. What game does Emma play with Mr. Churchill after tea at Hartfield?
(b) A card game.
(c) A riddle game with alphabet letters.
3. Why does Emma believe Mr. Churchill is anxious when he visits her?
(a) Emma believes he is concerned for his aunt.
(b) Emma believes he is trying not to love her.
(c) Emma believes he is no longer in love with her.
(d) Emma believes he ia upset with something Mrs. Weston said.
4. Where does Emma send Harriet?
(a) To London to stay with the John Knightley family.
(b) To Essex to visit family.
(c) To Cambridge to attend classes.
(d) To Bath to visit a resort.
5. Why does Emma begin regretting her treatment of Miss Fairfax?
(a) Because she wants to remain on Mr. Churchill's good side.
(b) Because she learns that Miss Fairfax regretted keeping her secret.
(c) Because she thinks flirting with Mr. Churchill hurt Miss Fairfax's feelings.
(d) Because she thinks Miss Fairfax would have made a better friend because it would not have been hard to make a love match for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Emma's next target in her matchmaking attempts on Harriet's behalf?
2. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
3. Why does Emma tell herself she is anxious to see Mr. Churchill?
4. Who becomes ill, causing Emma plenty of time to think of her regrets?
5. What riddle does Mr. Churchill make for Miss Fairfax that makes her angry?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)