|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma question Mr. Knightley about as they discuss Miss Fairfax's new friendship?
(a) Whether Mr. Knightley is in love with Miss Fairfax.
(b) Whether Mr. Knightley is in love with Miss Bates.
(c) If Mr. Knightley knows who the donor of the pianoforte is.
(d) If Mr. Knightley knows who Miss Fairfax is in love with.
2. Who befriends Miss Fairfax in the beginning of Volume 2, Chapter 15?
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Elton.
3. Why does Emma believe she cannot move to Donwell Abbey after she marries Mr. George Knightley?
(a) Because Donwell Abbey is too large for her to care for along with her father.
(b) Because her father would not be able to move there and cannot be left alone.
(c) Because she cannot imagine leaving Hartfield or her father.
(d) Because she does not like Donwell Abbey and neither does her father.
4. Who does Mr. Churchill dance the first two dances of the Crown's ball with?
(a) Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Elton.
5. Who does Harriet confess that she really loves?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma try to keep word of the incident from her father?
2. Why is Mrs. Elton's picnic at Box Hill delayed?
3. Who becomes ill, causing Emma plenty of time to think of her regrets?
4. Who is Emma afraid will not approve of Mr. George Knightley's solution to their problem?
5. Why does Emma believe Mr. Churchill is anxious when he visits her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who interferes with Emma's attempt to make amends with Miss Fairfax?
2. Who thinks the living arrangements Emma and Mr. Knightley have come up with are improper?
3. Who complains about the accoutrements of the wedding as Emma and Mr. Knightley are wed?
4. Who attempts to humiliate Harriet? How?
5. What convinces Emma she is not in love with Mr. Churchill? Who does Emma think would be a good match for Mr. Churchill?
6. Who does Emma question about his feelings for Miss Fairfax? Does she believe his answers?
7. How does Emma react when she sees Mr. Churchill again?
8. Who disapproves of Emma's engagement to Mr. Knightley?
9. Who does Emma learn has passed away?
10. What does Harriet decide to destroy after her encounter with the gypsies?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)