|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Churchill dance the first two dances of the Crown's ball with?
(a) Mrs. Elton.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Miss Fairfax.
2. What letter does Emma force Mr. George Knightley to read?
(a) A love letter from Mr. Elton.
(b) A letter of friendship from Harriet.
(c) A letter of praise from Mrs. Weston.
(d) A letter of apology from Mr. Churchill.
3. Where does Emma send Harriet?
(a) To Bath to visit a resort.
(b) To London to stay with the John Knightley family.
(c) To Essex to visit family.
(d) To Cambridge to attend classes.
4. What type of robberies are taking place in Highbury?
(a) Home invasions.
(b) Barn thefts.
(c) Poultry house robberies.
(d) Roadside burglaries.
5. How is the humiliation of Harriet smoothed over?
(a) Mr. George Knightley asks her to dance.
(b) Mr. Churchill asks her to dance.
(c) Mr. Weston asks Mr. Elton to leave.
(d) Mr. Elton apologizes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Emma play at the picnic at Box Hill?
2. Why does Emma believe Mr. Churchill is anxious when he visits her?
3. What is the result of this meeting between Harriet and a visitor from Highbury?
4. What does Mrs. Elton constantly compare Highbury to?
5. What riddle does Mr. Churchill make for Miss Fairfax that makes her angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who else becomes engaged? To whom?
2. What secret is revealed to Emma by Mrs. Weston?
3. Why does Mr. Knightley dislike Mr. Churchill? Does this influence the comments he makes to Emma regarding Mr. Churchill and Miss Fairfax?
4. Why does Mr. Knightley continue to dislike Mr. Churchill?
5. What convinces Emma she is not in love with Mr. Churchill? Who does Emma think would be a good match for Mr. Churchill?
6. Who has gotten married? What does Emma think of this match?
7. Who leaves Mrs. Elton's party at Donwell Abbey early? Why?
8. Who interferes with Emma's attempt to make amends with Miss Fairfax?
9. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with next?
10. Who does Emma learn has passed away?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)