|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts this visit, angry with Mr. George Knightley?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
2. Who chastises Emma, causing her to feel mortified?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
3. Why does Emma believe Mr. Churchill is anxious when he visits her?
(a) Emma believes he is no longer in love with her.
(b) Emma believes he is trying not to love her.
(c) Emma believes he ia upset with something Mrs. Weston said.
(d) Emma believes he is concerned for his aunt.
4. Who is the first of the three local couples to get married?
(a) Harriet and Mr. Martin.
(b) Miss Bates and Mr. Elton.
(c) Emma and Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Miss Fairfax and Mr. Churchill.
5. What does Emma question Mr. Knightley about as they discuss Miss Fairfax's new friendship?
(a) If Mr. Knightley knows who Miss Fairfax is in love with.
(b) If Mr. Knightley knows who the donor of the pianoforte is.
(c) Whether Mr. Knightley is in love with Miss Fairfax.
(d) Whether Mr. Knightley is in love with Miss Bates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Woodhouse change his mind about Emma marrying Mr. George Knightley?
2. Why is Mrs. Elton's picnic at Box Hill delayed?
3. Who dies in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
4. Why is Emma happy about this incident in which Mr. Churchill has been forced to save Harriet?
5. Why are Mr. Churchill's aunt and uncle moving to London?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)