|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harriet announce she never plans to marry?
(a) Harriet wants to be just like Emma.
(b) Harriet feels she is not worthy of a good man.
(c) Harriet feels she will only love Mr. Elton.
(d) Harriet is tired of attempting to seduce men.
2. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
(a) That Harriet has become engaged to Mr. Martin.
(b) That Mr. Churchill has been engaged to Miss Fairfax for months.
(c) That Miss Fairfax has eloped with Mr. Churchill.
(d) That Mrs. Weston is about to deliver her baby.
3. Who continues to be unpleasant and make rude comments, even at Emma's wedding?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mrs. Elton.
4. Where do Emma and Mr. Knightley go to visit in Volume 3, Chapter 18?
(a) To Donwell Abbey to measure the windows.
(b) To the Bates to see Miss Fairfox.
(c) To Crowns to visit with an out of town cousin.
(d) The Randalls to see the Westons.
5. Who volunteers to host the party while the problem is resolved?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mr. Knightley.
(d) Mr. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Emma think Mr. Churchill's engagement might upset Harriet?
2. Why does Emma believe she cannot move to Donwell Abbey after she marries Mr. George Knightley?
3. What does Harriet think of the newly married couple?
4. What does Mr. George Knightley think of Mr. Churchill now, in light of his secret?
5. Why are Mr. Churchill's aunt and uncle moving to London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who leaves Mrs. Elton's party at Donwell Abbey early? Why?
2. How does Emma react when she sees Mr. Churchill again?
3. What reason does Emma have to not get married right away?
4. Who disapproves of Emma's engagement to Mr. Knightley?
5. Who decides to become a governess, making this announcement at Emma's dinner party?
6. What convinces Emma she is not in love with Mr. Churchill? Who does Emma think would be a good match for Mr. Churchill?
7. Who thinks the living arrangements Emma and Mr. Knightley have come up with are improper?
8. What decision does Mr. Knightley make when Emma tells him why she cannot marry him immediately?
9. What does Emma learn when she visits the Bateses after Mrs. Elton's party at Box Hill?
10. Who saves Harriet from an attack by gypsies?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)