|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Emma think Mr. Churchill's engagement might upset Harriet?
(a) Because Harriet dislikes Miss Fairfax.
(b) Because Harriet is in love with Mr. Churchill.
(c) Because Harriet is depressed that everyone is getting married except her.
(d) Because she has been trying to match Harriet and Mr. Churchill together.
2. What game does Emma play at the picnic at Box Hill?
3. Where does Miss Fairfax intend to move to?
(b) Maple Grove.
4. From what does Mr. Churchill save Harriet in Volume 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A fainting spell.
(b) A broken carriage wheel.
(c) An attack by an unknown man.
(d) A robbery by gypsies.
5. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
(a) That Mr. Churchill has been engaged to Miss Fairfax for months.
(b) That Mrs. Weston is about to deliver her baby.
(c) That Miss Fairfax has eloped with Mr. Churchill.
(d) That Harriet has become engaged to Mr. Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Woodhouse respond to Emma's engagement?
2. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
3. How does Emma react to the news?
4. What solution does Mr. George Knightley come up with for Emma's reasons for delaying their wedding?
5. Why does Mr. Woodhouse change his mind about Emma marrying Mr. George Knightley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who makes a nuisance of herself at Emma's dinner party? Why?
2. What does Emma learn when she visits the Bateses after Mrs. Elton's party at Box Hill?
3. What reason does Emma have to not get married right away?
4. Who attempts to humiliate Harriet? How?
5. Who saves Harriet from an attack by gypsies?
6. Who leaves Mrs. Elton's party at Donwell Abbey early? Why?
7. Who is Emma afraid will be crushed by the news of Mr. Churchill's engagement?
8. Who does Emma question about his feelings for Miss Fairfax? Does she believe his answers?
9. Who interferes with Emma's attempt to make amends with Miss Fairfax?
10. Why does Mr. Knightley continue to dislike Mr. Churchill?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)