|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is finally married in Volume 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Miss Bates.
(b) Mr. Elton and Miss Hawkins.
(c) Mr. George Knightley and Miss Fairfax.
(d) Mr. Elton and Harriet.
2. Who befriends Miss Fairfax in the beginning of Volume 2, Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Elton.
3. Who is most scandalized by Mr. George Knightley's decision to move into Hartfield?
(a) Mrs. Elton.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
4. Why is Emma glad Harriet does not want to see her?
(a) Because she can continue to put off telling her about her engagement to Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Because she is eager to stay away from such a depressing person.
(c) Because she does not like her anymore.
(d) Because she hopes this means Harriet has met a man.
5. What does Mrs. Elton constantly compare Highbury to?
(a) Her home, Maple Grove.
(c) London society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
2. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
3. Who interrupts this visit, angry with Mr. George Knightley?
4. Why does Emma believe she faces a future without friends?
5. Who does Harriet confess that she really loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who attempts to humiliate Harriet? How?
2. Who does Emma learn has passed away?
3. Who is Emma afraid will be crushed by the news of Mr. Churchill's engagement?
4. Why does Mr. Knightley continue to dislike Mr. Churchill?
5. What secret is revealed to Emma by Mrs. Weston?
6. Who complains about the accoutrements of the wedding as Emma and Mr. Knightley are wed?
7. What prompts the Westons to return to their plans to throw a ball?
8. Who has gotten married? What does Emma think of this match?
9. Why does Emma decide to throw a dinner party? Why does Emma insist on keeping the guest list down to eight names?
10. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with next?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)