|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invitation do Emma and Mr. Knightley discuss as they walk in the garden at Hartfield?
(a) The invitation to Mrs. Elton's picnic.
(b) The invitation to Mr. Churchill's wedding.
(c) The invitation to the Weston's party.
(d) The invitation to Mrs. Weston's baby shower.
2. Who does Emma regret attempting to play matchmaker with?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
3. What game does Emma play with Mr. Churchill after tea at Hartfield?
(a) A card game.
(c) A riddle game with alphabet letters.
4. Why does Emma believe she faces a future without friends?
(a) Because everyone is getting married and having babies, keeping them too busy to visit.
(b) Because she has decided she no longer wants to have friends around.
(c) Because she has offended too many people with her conceit.
(d) Because Mrs. Elton is spreading bad gossip about her, scaring everyone away.
5. How does Emma react to the news?
(a) Shocked by the secret, but pleased for Mr. Churchill.
(b) Angry that someone would keep a secret from her.
(c) Excited at the prospect of a wedding.
(d) Happy that the truth has finally been revealed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Elton constantly compare Highbury to?
2. Who does Harriet's father turn out to be?
3. How does Emma respond to the news from Harriet?
4. What solution does Mr. George Knightley come up with for Emma's reasons for delaying their wedding?
5. What visitor interrupts Emma's attempts at apologizing to this person she was previously unkind to?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)