|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. John Knightley's response to Emma's engagement?
(a) That Emma is the wrong choice for his brother.
(b) That Emma has done well, but he is unsure about his brother.
(c) That it is a poor match.
(d) That it is an exciting prospect.
2. Who does Emma decide to go visit in order to make an attempt at apologizing for past rudeness?
(a) Miss Bates.
(c) Mrs. Elton.
(d) Miss Fairfax.
3. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
(a) To please her father.
(b) To celebrate Mr. Churchill's return.
(c) To attempt to befriend Mrs. Elton.
(d) To avoid appearing rude.
4. What news does Mr. Weston bring that causes Emma some agitation?
(a) That Mr. George Knightley is to escort Miss Fairfax home.
(b) That Mr. Churchill plans to return.
(c) That Mr. Woodhouse has become ill.
(d) That Mrs. Weston is ill.
5. Why would Emma think Mr. Churchill's engagement might upset Harriet?
(a) Because she has been trying to match Harriet and Mr. Churchill together.
(b) Because Harriet is in love with Mr. Churchill.
(c) Because Harriet dislikes Miss Fairfax.
(d) Because Harriet is depressed that everyone is getting married except her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emma happy about this incident in which Mr. Churchill has been forced to save Harriet?
2. Where does Miss Fairfax intend to move to?
3. What does Emma question Mr. Knightley about as they discuss Miss Fairfax's new friendship?
4. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
5. Who does Harriet's father turn out to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Emma question about his feelings for Miss Fairfax? Does she believe his answers?
2. Why does Mr. Knightley continue to dislike Mr. Churchill?
3. Who complains about the accoutrements of the wedding as Emma and Mr. Knightley are wed?
4. Who else becomes engaged? To whom?
5. Who has gotten married? What does Emma think of this match?
6. Why does Emma decide to throw a dinner party? Why does Emma insist on keeping the guest list down to eight names?
7. What secret is revealed to Emma by Mrs. Weston?
8. About whom does Emma make a rude comment at Mrs. Elton's party at Box Hill? Why?
9. What convinces Emma she is not in love with Mr. Churchill? Who does Emma think would be a good match for Mr. Churchill?
10. Who disapproves of Emma's engagement to Mr. Knightley?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)