|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is unable to attend due to a sore throat?
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Miss Bates.
2. What does Mr. Churchill try to make Miss Fairfax confess?
(a) Her past love affairs.
(b) Her deepest, darkest secrets.
(c) The donor of the pianoforte.
(d) The name of the man she is love with.
3. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
(b) Miss Goddard introduces them.
(c) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
(d) Miss Bates introduces them.
4. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
5. Who becomes the center of gossip in Highbury?
(a) Miss Hawkins.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(c) Miss Fairfax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
2. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
3. Who invites Harriet to tea at their home, causing her to seek advice again?
4. Who would prefer to avoid all talk about Miss Fairfax?
5. What activity does Mr. Churchill confess to Emma that he loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Mr. John Knightley believe is in love with Emma?
2. Who does Harriet run into in town and later invites Harriet to have tea?
3. Who objects to Emma's friendship with Harriet?
4. What subject does Miss Fairfax refuse to elaborate on with Emma?
5. Who does Emma want to pair with her neighbor, Mr. Elton, in a matchmaking attempt?
6. Why do Mr. John Knightley and Mr. Woodhouse fight over dinner?
7. What is Emma's initial reaction to Mr. Churchill?
8. Who asks Emma to save him the first two dances at the ball the Westons are planning?
9. With whom does Emma leave the Randalls party?
10. Who does Harriet want to be matched with?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)