|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Fairfax respond to questions Emma asks about Mr. Churchill?
(a) With vague responses.
(b) With the assumption that Emma is in love with the mysterious stranger.
(c) With anger.
(d) With contempt.
2. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
3. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Pretends she forgot her purse.
(b) Breaks her dress strap.
(c) Breaks her shoelace.
(d) Pretends she lost a glove.
4. Who takes the finished art project to London for framing?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
5. Who is the intended target of Emma's next attempt at matchmaking?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Miss Taylor.
(d) Mr. Elton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift has Mr. George Knightley made to the Bates that causes Emma to wonder about his intentions?
2. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
3. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
4. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
5. What does Mr. Churchill try to make Miss Fairfax confess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Mr. John Knightley believe is in love with Emma?
2. Who does Emma believe the anonymous benefactor of a pianoforte for Miss Fairfax is?
3. What does Emma decide to do in order to bring Mr. Elton and Harriet together?
4. What causes a delay in the delivery of an invitation to the Coles' party for the Woodhouses?
5. What is Mr. John Knightley's relationship to Emma? To Mr. Knightley?
6. Who does Emma want to pair with her neighbor, Mr. Elton, in a matchmaking attempt?
7. Who proposes to Harriet? What is unusual about this proposal?
8. What happens when Emma maneuvers to leave Mr. Elton and Harriet alone together?
9. With whom does Emma leave the Randalls party?
10. What long awaited visitor finally arrives in Highbury?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)