|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is this ball to be held?
(a) At Hartfield.
(b) At Donwell Abbey.
(c) At Crown's.
(d) At Randalls.
2. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
(a) That he will be unable to return.
(b) That he has created a poor reputation with Mr. George Knightley.
(c) That he has hurt his father's feelings by leaving.
(d) That he will miss Emma greatly.
3. Who takes the finished art project to London for framing?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
4. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
5. Why does Emma insist on escorting Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
(a) Emma does not want Harriet to run into the Martins alone.
(b) Emma wants to use the opportunity to figure out who Harriet is infatuated with now.
(c) Emma does not believe that Harriet should wander around town alone.
(d) Emma does not like Harriet's taste in fabric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recent wedding is the main topic of conversation?
2. Who gives Emma a riddle?
3. Who is Colonel Campbell who provided for Miss Fairfax's education?
4. Whose engagement is announced in Volume 2, Chapter 3?
5. Who do Emma and Harriet run into while Emma escorts Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Churchill do that causes Emma to rethink her opinion of him? How does it affect Mr. Knightley's opinion of Mr. Churchill?
2. What did Mr. Knightley give the Bateses that causes Emma's curiosity to be aroused?
3. What happens when Emma maneuvers to leave Mr. Elton and Harriet alone together?
4. Who does Harriet want to be matched with?
5. Why do Mr. John Knightley and Mr. Woodhouse fight over dinner?
6. What change has occurred in the Woodhouse home recently?
7. Why does Harriet decline Mr. Martin's proposal?
8. Who proposes to Harriet? What is unusual about this proposal?
9. What does Emma decide to do in order to bring Mr. Elton and Harriet together?
10. Who is the intended recipient of the riddle Mr. Elton leaves at Emma's home?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)