|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
2. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
(a) She is sad, but has too much going on to miss him much.
(b) She is surprised by how much she misses him.
(c) She could care less.
(d) She is relieved.
3. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Elton.
4. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Breaks her dress strap.
(b) Pretends she forgot her purse.
(c) Pretends she lost a glove.
(d) Breaks her shoelace.
5. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(b) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(c) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(d) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
2. Who arrives at Highbury int he beginning of Volume 1, Chapter 11?
3. Who is the intended target of Emma's next attempt at matchmaking?
4. What is all the gossip centering around this person about?
5. What gift has Mr. George Knightley made to the Bates that causes Emma to wonder about his intentions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who proposes to Harriet? What is unusual about this proposal?
2. How does Harriet react when Emma tells her that Mr. Elton declared his love for Emma? Why?
3. What long awaited visitor finally arrives in Highbury?
4. With whom does Emma leave the Randalls party?
5. Who does Emma want to pair with her neighbor, Mr. Elton, in a matchmaking attempt?
6. What visitor to the Bates household does Emma not want to see?
7. Who is the intended recipient of the riddle Mr. Elton leaves at Emma's home?
8. What subject does Miss Fairfax refuse to elaborate on with Emma?
9. Who asks Emma to save him the first two dances at the ball the Westons are planning?
10. Who does Harriet want to be matched with?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)