|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes this choice of vacation location was all wrong?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mr. John Knightley.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
2. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
(b) Miss Goddard introduces them.
(c) Miss Bates introduces them.
(d) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
3. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Knightley.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Elton.
4. Who is Colonel Campbell who provided for Miss Fairfax's education?
(a) A family friend.
(b) Her father.
(c) A cousin.
(d) The family lawyer.
5. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
(a) He is a cousin.
(b) He is the brother of Emma's sister.
(c) He is the son of Emma's sister.
(d) He is the son of Mr. Woodhouse's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else knows about the letter?
2. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
3. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
4. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
5. Who is unable to attend due to a sore throat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Churchill do that causes Emma to rethink her opinion of him? How does it affect Mr. Knightley's opinion of Mr. Churchill?
2. What long awaited visitor finally arrives in Highbury?
3. What is Emma's initial reaction to Mr. Churchill?
4. What does Emma decide to do in order to bring Mr. Elton and Harriet together?
5. Who does Emma want to pair with her neighbor, Mr. Elton, in a matchmaking attempt?
6. Who objects to Emma's friendship with Harriet?
7. Who asks Emma to save him the first two dances at the ball the Westons are planning?
8. Why does Mr. Churchill cancel his plans to visit the Westons? Why is Mrs. Weston upset by this?
9. Who does Emma believe the anonymous benefactor of a pianoforte for Miss Fairfax is?
10. Who does Mr. John Knightley believe is in love with Emma?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)