|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(a) Drawing caricatures.
(c) Portrait painting.
(d) Writing poetry.
2. Who is unable to attend due to a sore throat?
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Miss Bates.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
3. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
4. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. Elton.
5. What is Emma's reaction to the implication that Mr. George Knightley is in love with Miss Fairfax?
(a) Emma is thrilled because it will get both Mr. Knightley and Miss Fairfax out of her life.
(b) Emma is upset because she wants the Knightley estate, Donwell Abbey, to go to her nephew.
(c) Emma is upset because she does not think Miss Fairfax would make a good match for Mr. Knightley.
(d) Emma is happy because she can see Miss Fairfax makes Mr. Knightley happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
2. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
3. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
4. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
5. Who else knows about the letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emma learn when she visits the Bateses after Mrs. Elton's party at Box Hill?
2. When Emma speaks to Mr. Knightley upon his return what does he tell her?
3. Why does Mr. Churchill cancel his plans to visit the Westons? Why is Mrs. Weston upset by this?
4. What causes a delay in the delivery of an invitation to the Coles' party for the Woodhouses?
5. Who makes a nuisance of herself at Emma's dinner party? Why?
6. With whom does Emma leave the Randalls party?
7. Who proposes to Harriet? What is unusual about this proposal?
8. What does Mr. Churchill do that causes Emma to rethink her opinion of him? How does it affect Mr. Knightley's opinion of Mr. Churchill?
9. Who thinks the living arrangements Emma and Mr. Knightley have come up with are improper?
10. What is Mr. John Knightley's relationship to Emma? To Mr. Knightley?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)