|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will have dinner with him.
(b) If she will attend a ball with him.
(c) If she will marry him.
(d) If she will go riding with him.
2. What time limit does Emma place on Harriet's visit to Abbey Mill?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) One half hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One hour.
3. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(a) Her father.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
4. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Elton.
5. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
(b) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
(c) Miss Goddard introduces them.
(d) Miss Bates introduces them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this ball to be held?
2. Where does Mrs. Weston repeatedly attempt to persuade Emma to go?
3. What has caused the delay of a character's visit to Highbury?
4. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
5. Who is unable to attend due to a sore throat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Emma maneuvers to leave Mr. Elton and Harriet alone together?
2. Why do Mr. John Knightley and Mr. Woodhouse fight over dinner?
3. What does Mr. Churchill do that causes Emma to rethink her opinion of him? How does it affect Mr. Knightley's opinion of Mr. Churchill?
4. With whom does Emma leave the Randalls party?
5. What change has occurred in the Woodhouse home recently?
6. Who is the intended recipient of the riddle Mr. Elton leaves at Emma's home?
7. Who does Harriet run into in town and later invites Harriet to have tea?
8. What does Emma decide to do in order to bring Mr. Elton and Harriet together?
9. Who asks Emma to save him the first two dances at the ball the Westons are planning?
10. Why does Harriet decline Mr. Martin's proposal?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)