|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the center of gossip in Highbury?
(a) Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Miss Hawkins.
2. What does Mr. Churchill try to make Miss Fairfax confess?
(a) The donor of the pianoforte.
(b) Her deepest, darkest secrets.
(c) Her past love affairs.
(d) The name of the man she is love with.
3. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
(b) A new pianoforte.
(c) A letter from Mr. Elton.
(d) The art project Emma created.
4. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Elton.
5. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He becomes angry and leaves.
(b) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
(c) He is supportive of her opinion.
(d) He is proud of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Fairfax respond to questions Emma asks about Mr. Churchill?
2. Who does Mr. Churchill claim he is glad he did not dance with because her dancing is not as good as Emma's?
3. Who is Colonel Campbell who provided for Miss Fairfax's education?
4. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
5. Who is having a party but fails to send the Woodhouses an invitation along with ones sent to the other families in Highbury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harriet decide to destroy after her encounter with the gypsies?
2. Who does Harriet run into in town and later invites Harriet to have tea?
3. What is Emma's initial reaction to Mr. Churchill?
4. Who does Harriet want to be matched with?
5. Who else becomes engaged? To whom?
6. Who asks Emma to save him the first two dances at the ball the Westons are planning?
7. Who interferes with Emma's attempt to make amends with Miss Fairfax?
8. What did Mr. Knightley give the Bateses that causes Emma's curiosity to be aroused?
9. With whom does Emma leave the Randalls party?
10. Who does Mr. John Knightley believe is in love with Emma?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)