|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(a) Her father.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
2. Who becomes the center of gossip in Highbury?
(b) Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Miss Hawkins.
3. Who does Harriet go to for advice about this encounter?
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Goddard.
4. What activity does Mr. Churchill confess to Emma that he loves?
(c) Horseback riding.
5. About whom does Mr. Churchill agree with Emma's opinion regarding their behavior and secret affairs?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Miss Fairfax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harriet run into while shopping in Highbury?
2. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
3. What time limit does Emma place on Harriet's visit to Abbey Mill?
4. Who invites Harriet to tea at their home, causing her to seek advice again?
5. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Mr. Weston's first marriage to be an unhappy one?
2. Who has gotten married? What does Emma think of this match?
3. Who does Harriet run into in town and later invites Harriet to have tea?
4. Who does Emma question about his feelings for Miss Fairfax? Does she believe his answers?
5. Who saves Harriet from an attack by gypsies?
6. What long awaited visitor finally arrives in Highbury?
7. How does Mr. Elton react when he learns Harriet cannot attend a party due to a sore throat?
8. How does Emma react when she sees Mr. Churchill again?
9. Why does Mr. Churchill cancel his plans to visit the Westons? Why is Mrs. Weston upset by this?
10. Why does Mr. Knightley continue to dislike Mr. Churchill?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)