|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Knightley.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
2. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is too salty.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It is not wholesome enough.
(d) It is too wholesome.
3. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
(a) Mr. Churchill has allowed his aunt and uncle to adopt him.
(b) Mr. Churchill has decided to get married, but has not invited the Westons.
(c) Mr. Churchill will not be visiting.
(d) Mr. Churchill does not want to have anything to do with Mr. Weston.
4. Who does Emma decide to feature in her next art project?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
5. Who does Emma take Harriet to visit in hopes of distracting her from her depression?
(a) The Westons.
(b) The Bates.
(c) The Goddards.
(d) The Knightleys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
2. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
3. Who claims they will never get married?
4. Who gives Emma a riddle?
5. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Mr. John Knightley believe is in love with Emma?
2. Why does Harriet decline Mr. Martin's proposal?
3. What is Mr. John Knightley's relationship to Emma? To Mr. Knightley?
4. What does Mr. Elton do that causes Emma to change her mind about his manners?
5. With whom does Emma leave the Randalls party?
6. What long awaited visitor finally arrives in Highbury?
7. Who does Emma believe the anonymous benefactor of a pianoforte for Miss Fairfax is?
8. How does Mr. Elton react when he learns Harriet cannot attend a party due to a sore throat?
9. What is Emma's initial reaction to Mr. Churchill?
10. How does Harriet react when Emma tells her that Mr. Elton declared his love for Emma? Why?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)