|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma believe the donor of the pianoforte is?
(a) Mr. Dixon.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
2. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mrs. Goddard.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
3. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Martin.
4. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. Weston.
5. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will attend a ball with him.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If she will go riding with him.
(d) If she will have dinner with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
2. Where is this ball to be held?
3. Where does Mrs. Weston repeatedly attempt to persuade Emma to go?
4. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
5. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
Short Essay Questions
1. What visitor to the Bates household does Emma not want to see?
2. What subject does Miss Fairfax refuse to elaborate on with Emma?
3. Why do Mr. John Knightley and Mr. Woodhouse fight over dinner?
4. What causes a delay in the delivery of an invitation to the Coles' party for the Woodhouses?
5. Who proposes to Harriet? What is unusual about this proposal?
6. What is Mr. John Knightley's relationship to Emma? To Mr. Knightley?
7. What change has occurred in the Woodhouse home recently?
8. What is Emma's initial reaction to Mr. Churchill?
9. What caused Mr. Weston's first marriage to be an unhappy one?
10. What does Mr. Churchill do that causes Emma to rethink her opinion of him? How does it affect Mr. Knightley's opinion of Mr. Churchill?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)