|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift has Mr. George Knightley made to the Bates that causes Emma to wonder about his intentions?
2. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
(a) She could care less.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is sad, but has too much going on to miss him much.
(d) She is surprised by how much she misses him.
3. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. Elton.
4. Who invites Harriet to tea at their home, causing her to seek advice again?
(a) Miss Elizabeth Martin.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Miss Hawkins.
5. What recent wedding is the main topic of conversation?
(a) Harriet's to Mr. Martin.
(b) Miss Taylor's to Mr. Weston.
(c) Miss Taylor's to Mr. Knightley.
(d) Harriet's to Mr. Elton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is all the gossip centering around this person about?
2. Who gives Emma a riddle?
3. What activity does Mr. Churchill confess to Emma that he loves?
4. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
5. What reason is given for the invitation failing to arrive promptly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Emma's initial reaction to Mr. Churchill?
2. Why does Mr. Churchill cancel his plans to visit the Westons? Why is Mrs. Weston upset by this?
3. How does Mr. Elton react when he learns Harriet cannot attend a party due to a sore throat?
4. Who does Emma want to pair with her neighbor, Mr. Elton, in a matchmaking attempt?
5. Who proposes to Harriet? What is unusual about this proposal?
6. Who does Harriet want to be matched with?
7. How does Harriet react when Emma tells her that Mr. Elton declared his love for Emma? Why?
8. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly leave Highbury? How does this make Emma feel?
9. What did Mr. Knightley give the Bateses that causes Emma's curiosity to be aroused?
10. Who asks Emma to save him the first two dances at the ball the Westons are planning?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)