Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Emma learn from Miss Fairfax the following day?
(a) That she has taken a position as governess.
(b) That she has taken a position as a piano teacher.
(c) That she has been accepted to art school.
(d) That she intends to marry.
2. What game does Emma play with Mr. Churchill after tea at Hartfield?
(c) A riddle game with alphabet letters.
(d) A card game.
3. What does Emma believe Harriet would be if allowed to remain in Hartfield?
(a) A sounding board for wedding preparations.
(b) A distraction.
(c) Dead weight.
(d) A good helper.
4. Who becomes ill, causing Emma plenty of time to think of her regrets?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
5. From what does Mr. Churchill save Harriet in Volume 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A fainting spell.
(b) An attack by an unknown man.
(c) A broken carriage wheel.
(d) A robbery by gypsies.
6. Who does Mr. Churchill call Emma's lovely friend in a letter he sends to Mr. and Mrs. Weston?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Miss Fairfax.
(c) Miss Bates.
7. Why would Emma think Mr. Churchill's engagement might upset Harriet?
(a) Because Harriet is depressed that everyone is getting married except her.
(b) Because she has been trying to match Harriet and Mr. Churchill together.
(c) Because Harriet is in love with Mr. Churchill.
(d) Because Harriet dislikes Miss Fairfax.
8. Why does Emma try to keep word of the incident from her father?
(a) Emma is afraid he will want to fix the situation himself.
(b) Emma knows her father will not approve of Harriet being alone with Mr. Churchill.
(c) Emma knows it will only upset him.
(d) Emma worries it will cause her father to become ill.
9. Where do Emma and Mr. Knightley go to visit in Volume 3, Chapter 18?
(a) To Crowns to visit with an out of town cousin.
(b) To Donwell Abbey to measure the windows.
(c) The Randalls to see the Westons.
(d) To the Bates to see Miss Fairfox.
10. Who does Mr. Churchill dance the first two dances of the Crown's ball with?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Miss Fairfax.
(d) Mrs. Elton.
11. Who befriends Miss Fairfax in the beginning of Volume 2, Chapter 15?
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Elton.
12. Who is most scandalized by Mr. George Knightley's decision to move into Hartfield?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mrs. Elton.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
13. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
(a) A glass he used and a pencil.
(b) A cigarette butt and a riddle.
(c) A pencil and a piece of plaster.
(d) A piece of plaster from an injured finger and a riddle.
14. Who has gone to London and run into Harriet?
(a) Miss Fairfax.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. Elton.
15. Why does Emma begin regretting her treatment of Miss Fairfax?
(a) Because she wants to remain on Mr. Churchill's good side.
(b) Because she thinks flirting with Mr. Churchill hurt Miss Fairfax's feelings.
(c) Because she learns that Miss Fairfax regretted keeping her secret.
(d) Because she thinks Miss Fairfax would have made a better friend because it would not have been hard to make a love match for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims Mr. Knightley protests Emma's question too much?
2. Why does Emma tell herself she is anxious to see Mr. Churchill?
3. What do the Bateses and Miss Fairfax seem to know a lot about?
4. To what town does Mr. Churchill move with his aunt and uncle?
5. What game does Emma play at the picnic at Box Hill?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)