|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma tell herself she is anxious to see Mr. Churchill?
(a) She worries that he believes she loves him.
(b) She wants to renew their friendship.
(c) She worries he might be in love with her.
(d) She wants to prove to herself that she is not in love with him.
2. What news does Mr. Weston bring that causes Emma some agitation?
(a) That Mr. Churchill plans to return.
(b) That Mrs. Weston is ill.
(c) That Mr. George Knightley is to escort Miss Fairfax home.
(d) That Mr. Woodhouse has become ill.
3. Who chastises Emma, causing her to feel mortified?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
4. Why does Emma believe Mr. Churchill is anxious when he visits her?
(a) Emma believes he is no longer in love with her.
(b) Emma believes he ia upset with something Mrs. Weston said.
(c) Emma believes he is trying not to love her.
(d) Emma believes he is concerned for his aunt.
5. Who befriends Miss Fairfax in the beginning of Volume 2, Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Elton.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
6. From what does Mr. Churchill save Harriet in Volume 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A robbery by gypsies.
(b) An attack by an unknown man.
(c) A fainting spell.
(d) A broken carriage wheel.
7. What type of robberies are taking place in Highbury?
(a) Barn thefts.
(b) Roadside burglaries.
(c) Poultry house robberies.
(d) Home invasions.
8. Who has a baby in Volume 3, Chapter 17?
(a) Mrs. Goddard.
(b) Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Elton.
9. Who is the first of the three local couples to get married?
(a) Miss Fairfax and Mr. Churchill.
(b) Harriet and Mr. Martin.
(c) Miss Bates and Mr. Elton.
(d) Emma and Mr. George Knightley.
10. Why does Emma believe she cannot move to Donwell Abbey after she marries Mr. George Knightley?
(a) Because Donwell Abbey is too large for her to care for along with her father.
(b) Because she cannot imagine leaving Hartfield or her father.
(c) Because her father would not be able to move there and cannot be left alone.
(d) Because she does not like Donwell Abbey and neither does her father.
11. What is Mr. John Knightley's response to Emma's engagement?
(a) That Emma is the wrong choice for his brother.
(b) That it is a poor match.
(c) That it is an exciting prospect.
(d) That Emma has done well, but he is unsure about his brother.
12. What invitation do Emma and Mr. Knightley discuss as they walk in the garden at Hartfield?
(a) The invitation to Mrs. Weston's baby shower.
(b) The invitation to Mrs. Elton's picnic.
(c) The invitation to Mr. Churchill's wedding.
(d) The invitation to the Weston's party.
13. What is the baby named?
14. How does Emma respond to the news from Harriet?
(a) Emma is uninterested.
(b) Emma is happy for her.
(c) Emma is shocked.
(d) Emma is outraged.
15. Why does Emma begin regretting her treatment of Miss Fairfax?
(a) Because she thinks flirting with Mr. Churchill hurt Miss Fairfax's feelings.
(b) Because she wants to remain on Mr. Churchill's good side.
(c) Because she learns that Miss Fairfax regretted keeping her secret.
(d) Because she thinks Miss Fairfax would have made a better friend because it would not have been hard to make a love match for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Churchill call Emma's lovely friend in a letter he sends to Mr. and Mrs. Weston?
2. What does Mr. John Knightley say that causes Emma to be amused?
3. Where do Emma and Mr. Knightley go to visit in Volume 3, Chapter 18?
4. Why is Mrs. Elton's picnic at Box Hill delayed?
5. How does Emma feel when she sees Mr. Churchill and Miss Fairfax?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)