|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the baby named?
2. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
(a) That they will be instant friends.
(b) That is very handsome and would make a good husband.
(c) That he is conceited and unfriendly.
(d) That he is inconsiderate and rude.
3. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
(a) Mr. Weston ends his business early and is able to attend despite an earlier refusal.
(b) Harriet's illness.
(c) Mr. Elton is called out of town for business.
(d) Mr. John Knightley's unexpected arrival.
4. For what reason does Mr. Churchill go to London shortly after his arrival?
(a) To buy Emma a peice of jewelry.
(b) To buy a new suit.
(c) To get a haircut.
(d) To visit an old friend.
5. What do the Bateses and Miss Fairfax seem to know a lot about?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse's narocies.
(b) Mr. Knightley's business associations.
(c) Mr. Churchill's comings and goings.
(d) Mr. Elton's personal business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
2. Who volunteers to host the party while the problem is resolved?
3. Who do Emma and Harriet run into on the road between Randalls and Hartfield?
4. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
5. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)