|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Churchill dance the first two dances of the Crown's ball with?
(a) Mrs. Elton.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Miss Fairfax.
2. From what does Mr. Churchill save Harriet in Volume 3, Chapter 3?
(a) An attack by an unknown man.
(b) A fainting spell.
(c) A robbery by gypsies.
(d) A broken carriage wheel.
3. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
(b) Because it will mean a trip to London.
(c) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(d) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
4. Why does Emma send Harriet away?
(a) To protect her from learning of Emma's engagement to Mr. George Knightley.
(b) To keep her from ruining Emma's wedding plans.
(c) Because she wants to protect her from all the wedding plans taking place around her, to keep her from becoming depressed.
(d) Because she is tired of spending time with her.
5. What is Mr. John Knightley's response to Emma's engagement?
(a) That it is an exciting prospect.
(b) That it is a poor match.
(c) That Emma is the wrong choice for his brother.
(d) That Emma has done well, but he is unsure about his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the center of gossip in Highbury?
2. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
3. How does Emma meet Harriet?
4. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
5. What causes Emma to suspect she might be in love with Mr. Churchill?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)