|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
2. How does Miss Fairfax respond to questions Emma asks about Mr. Churchill?
(a) With the assumption that Emma is in love with the mysterious stranger.
(b) With contempt.
(c) With anger.
(d) With vague responses.
3. How does Emma react to the news?
(a) Happy that the truth has finally been revealed.
(b) Angry that someone would keep a secret from her.
(c) Shocked by the secret, but pleased for Mr. Churchill.
(d) Excited at the prospect of a wedding.
4. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
(a) He has business to attend to.
(b) He is uncomfortable of the attention of the small village.
(c) He is unhappy with Emma's attentions.
(d) His aunt is sick.
5. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will attend a ball with him.
(b) If she will go riding with him.
(c) If she will marry him.
(d) If she will have dinner with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation has Miss Fairfax decided to adopt?
2. Why are Mr. Churchill's aunt and uncle moving to London?
3. What activity does Mr. Churchill confess to Emma that he loves?
4. What reason is given for the invitation failing to arrive promptly?
5. Who has gone to London and run into Harriet?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)