|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. George Knightley confess to Emma?
(a) That he is in love with Miss Fairfax.
(b) That he is in love with Mrs. Elton.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he is in love with Harriet.
2. Who does Harriet go to for advice about this encounter?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mrs. Goddard.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
3. Why is Emma put off with Mr. Churchill at this party?
(a) He is rude and leaves the party early.
(b) He spends all his time talking to Miss Fairfax.
(c) He only attends the party for a moment and then rushes off to have his haircut in London.
(d) He is angry and at first refuses to attend the picnic at Box Hill.
4. How does Emma react to the news?
(a) Excited at the prospect of a wedding.
(b) Happy that the truth has finally been revealed.
(c) Angry that someone would keep a secret from her.
(d) Shocked by the secret, but pleased for Mr. Churchill.
5. Who is having a party but fails to send the Woodhouses an invitation along with ones sent to the other families in Highbury?
(a) The Knightleys.
(b) The Bates.
(c) The Westons.
(d) The Coles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emma happy about this incident in which Mr. Churchill has been forced to save Harriet?
2. What news does Mr. Weston bring that causes Emma some agitation?
3. Who is most scandalized by Mr. George Knightley's decision to move into Hartfield?
4. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
5. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)