|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
(a) The Westons.
(b) The Bates.
(c) The Knightleys.
(d) The Woodhouses.
2. Where does Emma send Harriet?
(a) To Essex to visit family.
(b) To Cambridge to attend classes.
(c) To London to stay with the John Knightley family.
(d) To Bath to visit a resort.
3. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he dislikes her matchmaking attempts.
(c) That he believes she is a conceited young woman.
(d) That he is in love with Harriet.
4. What causes Emma to suspect she might be in love with Mr. Churchill?
(a) An observance made by her father.
(b) A letter in which he confesses his love.
(c) The depth of her grief at his loss.
(d) The opinions of Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
5. Who does not think highly of Mr. Churchill because of his recent inaction?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts this visit, angry with Mr. George Knightley?
2. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
3. What riddle does Mr. Churchill make for Miss Fairfax that makes her angry?
4. Who refuses to dance with Harriet in an attempt to humiliate her?
5. Who is the intended target of Emma's next attempt at matchmaking?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)