|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma regret attempting to play matchmaker with?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
2. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
3. Who refuses to dance with Harriet in an attempt to humiliate her?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. John Knightley.
4. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
(a) Mr. Churchill will not be visiting.
(b) Mr. Churchill has decided to get married, but has not invited the Westons.
(c) Mr. Churchill has allowed his aunt and uncle to adopt him.
(d) Mr. Churchill does not want to have anything to do with Mr. Weston.
5. Who does Emma make a harmless, but rude comment about?
(a) Miss Fairfax.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Miss Bates.
(d) Mrs. Elton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else knows about the letter?
2. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
3. What do Emma and Miss Fairfax say to each other before Emma leaves?
4. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
5. Who does Emma deduce Harriet is in love with?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)