|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news do Emma and Harriet receive that causes more excitement in Highbury?
(a) Mrs. Weston is expecting her first child.
(b) Mr. Churchill is finally to arrive.
(c) Miss Fairfax is due to arrive in the morning.
(d) Miss Bates has gotten engaged.
2. What does Mr. George Knightley confess to Emma?
(a) That he is in love with Miss Fairfax.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he is in love with Mrs. Elton.
(d) That he is in love with Harriet.
3. Why is Emma glad Harriet does not want to see her?
(a) Because she is eager to stay away from such a depressing person.
(b) Because she can continue to put off telling her about her engagement to Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Because she does not like her anymore.
(d) Because she hopes this means Harriet has met a man.
4. Why would Emma think Mr. Churchill's engagement might upset Harriet?
(a) Because Harriet is depressed that everyone is getting married except her.
(b) Because she has been trying to match Harriet and Mr. Churchill together.
(c) Because Harriet dislikes Miss Fairfax.
(d) Because Harriet is in love with Mr. Churchill.
5. From what does Mr. Churchill save Harriet in Volume 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A robbery by gypsies.
(b) A broken carriage wheel.
(c) A fainting spell.
(d) An attack by an unknown man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emma feel when she sees Mr. Churchill and Miss Fairfax?
2. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
3. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
4. What has caused the delay of a character's visit to Highbury?
5. How does Miss Fairfax respond to questions Emma asks about Mr. Churchill?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)