|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity does Mr. Churchill confess to Emma that he loves?
(b) Horseback riding.
2. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
(a) Harriet's illness.
(b) Mr. John Knightley's unexpected arrival.
(c) Mr. Elton is called out of town for business.
(d) Mr. Weston ends his business early and is able to attend despite an earlier refusal.
3. Who interrupts this visit, angry with Mr. George Knightley?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. Weston.
4. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
(a) That he will be unable to return.
(b) That he will miss Emma greatly.
(c) That he has hurt his father's feelings by leaving.
(d) That he has created a poor reputation with Mr. George Knightley.
5. Who does Emma believe the donor of the pianoforte is?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Dixon.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Bateses and Miss Fairfax seem to know a lot about?
2. What is the baby named?
3. Who finds this decision on Miss Fairfax's part appalling?
4. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
5. Who does Emma take Harriet to visit in hopes of distracting her from her depression?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)