|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Emma learn from Miss Fairfax the following day?
(a) That she has taken a position as governess.
(b) That she has been accepted to art school.
(c) That she intends to marry.
(d) That she has taken a position as a piano teacher.
2. About whom does Mr. Churchill agree with Emma's opinion regarding their behavior and secret affairs?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Miss Fairfax.
3. What game does Emma play at the picnic at Box Hill?
4. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she will have dinner with him.
(c) If she will attend a ball with him.
(d) If she will go riding with him.
5. What does Mr. John Knightley say that causes Emma to be amused?
(a) That he believes his brother is in love with her.
(b) That he believes she is in love with Mr. Churchill.
(c) That he believes her to be very busy socially.
(d) That he believes she should marry soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Harriet to tea at their home, causing her to seek advice again?
2. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
3. What has caused the delay of a character's visit to Highbury?
4. What news does Mr. Weston bring that causes Emma some agitation?
5. Why is Emma glad Harriet does not want to see her?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)