|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this person angry with Mr. George Knightley?
(a) Because Mr. Knightley cheated him in a business deal.
(b) Because Mr. Knightley was supposed to meet him at Donwell Abbey and did not.
(c) Because Mr. Knightley stole his cow.
(d) Because Mr. Knightley accused him of cheating at cards.
2. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
(b) Miss Bates.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Goddard.
3. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
(c) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(d) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
4. What does Harriet think of the newly married couple?
(a) Harriet is happy there is one less man for Emma to match her with.
(b) Harriet is jealous of their union.
(c) Harriet is happy they found happiness.
(d) Harriet is depressed, convinced she will never be married.
5. Where does Emma send Harriet?
(a) To Bath to visit a resort.
(b) To Essex to visit family.
(c) To London to stay with the John Knightley family.
(d) To Cambridge to attend classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Elton constantly compare Highbury to?
2. Who refuses to dance with Harriet in an attempt to humiliate her?
3. What do Emma and Mr. Churchill discover they have in common?
4. What game does Emma play at the picnic at Box Hill?
5. What invitation do Emma and Mr. Knightley discuss as they walk in the garden at Hartfield?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)