|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
2. Who does Emma decide to go visit in order to make an attempt at apologizing for past rudeness?
(a) Miss Fairfax.
(b) Mrs. Elton.
(d) Miss Bates.
3. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Pretends she lost a glove.
(b) Breaks her dress strap.
(c) Pretends she forgot her purse.
(d) Breaks her shoelace.
4. What is all the gossip centering around this person about?
(a) Emma's failed attempt at matching Mr. Elton to Harriet.
(b) Mr. Churchill's secret engagement.
(c) Miss Hawkins' reported beauty and wealth.
(d) Miss Fairfax's affair with a married man.
5. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. John Knightley and his wife, Isabella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma believe the donor of the pianoforte is?
2. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
3. Why does Emma begin regretting her treatment of Miss Fairfax?
4. How does Miss Fairfax respond to questions Emma asks about Mr. Churchill?
5. What does Emma believe Harriet would be if allowed to remain in Hartfield?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)