|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
(a) That he is in love with Harriet.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he dislikes her matchmaking attempts.
(d) That he believes she is a conceited young woman.
2. Who is unable to attend due to a sore throat?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Miss Bates.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
3. What recent wedding is the main topic of conversation?
(a) Harriet's to Mr. Elton.
(b) Harriet's to Mr. Martin.
(c) Miss Taylor's to Mr. Knightley.
(d) Miss Taylor's to Mr. Weston.
4. Why would Emma think Mr. Churchill's engagement might upset Harriet?
(a) Because she has been trying to match Harriet and Mr. Churchill together.
(b) Because Harriet is depressed that everyone is getting married except her.
(c) Because Harriet is in love with Mr. Churchill.
(d) Because Harriet dislikes Miss Fairfax.
5. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
(a) That is very handsome and would make a good husband.
(b) That they will be instant friends.
(c) That he is conceited and unfriendly.
(d) That he is inconsiderate and rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this person angry with Mr. George Knightley?
2. Where does Mrs. Weston repeatedly attempt to persuade Emma to go?
3. What news does Mr. Weston bring that causes Emma some agitation?
4. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
5. Who does Emma believe the donor of the pianoforte is?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)