|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
(a) To avoid appearing rude.
(b) To please her father.
(c) To attempt to befriend Mrs. Elton.
(d) To celebrate Mr. Churchill's return.
2. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
(a) She is surprised by how much she misses him.
(b) She could care less.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is sad, but has too much going on to miss him much.
3. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. Elton.
4. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(a) Portrait painting.
(c) Drawing caricatures.
(d) Writing poetry.
5. What is all the gossip centering around this person about?
(a) Mr. Churchill's secret engagement.
(b) Miss Hawkins' reported beauty and wealth.
(c) Miss Fairfax's affair with a married man.
(d) Emma's failed attempt at matching Mr. Elton to Harriet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the intended target of Emma's next attempt at matchmaking?
2. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
3. Who interrupts this visit, angry with Mr. George Knightley?
4. Who does Mr. Churchill claim he is glad he did not dance with because her dancing is not as good as Emma's?
5. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)