|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she will have dinner with him.
(c) If she will go riding with him.
(d) If she will attend a ball with him.
2. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
(a) Mr. Weston's cousin.
(b) Miss Churchill's brother and sister-in-law.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse's nephew.
(d) Mr. Weston's parents.
3. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
(c) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(d) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
4. What reason is given for the invitation failing to arrive promptly?
(a) They dislike Mr. Woodhouses unpleasant behaviors.
(b) The hosts were making special arrangements for Mr. Woodhouse's attendance.
(c) They dislike Emma's matchmaking games.
(d) They did not want Emma to outshine their own daughter.
5. What game does Emma play with Mr. Churchill after tea at Hartfield?
(a) A riddle game with alphabet letters.
(d) A card game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Mr. Churchill's aunt and uncle moving to London?
2. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
3. Why does Emma try to keep word of the incident from her father?
4. What activity does Mr. Churchill confess to Emma that he loves?
5. What is Mr. John Knightley's response to Emma's engagement?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)