|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 11 | Volume 3 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Highbury int he beginning of Volume 1, Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Isabella and her family.
2. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will have dinner with him.
(b) If she will go riding with him.
(c) If she will attend a ball with him.
(d) If she will marry him.
3. Who invites Harriet to tea at their home, causing her to seek advice again?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Miss Elizabeth Martin.
(c) Miss Hawkins.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
4. Why does Emma insist on escorting Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
(a) Emma wants to use the opportunity to figure out who Harriet is infatuated with now.
(b) Emma does not believe that Harriet should wander around town alone.
(c) Emma does not want Harriet to run into the Martins alone.
(d) Emma does not like Harriet's taste in fabric.
5. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
(a) To celebrate Mr. Churchill's return.
(b) To avoid appearing rude.
(c) To please her father.
(d) To attempt to befriend Mrs. Elton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteers to host the party while the problem is resolved?
2. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
3. Who gives Emma a riddle?
4. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
5. Why is Emma put off with Mr. Churchill at this party?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)