|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 11 | Volume 3 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
(a) Mr. Weston's cousin.
(b) Miss Churchill's brother and sister-in-law.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse's nephew.
(d) Mr. Weston's parents.
2. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mr. Weston.
3. Who does Emma make a harmless, but rude comment about?
(a) Miss Fairfax.
(b) Miss Bates.
(c) Mrs. Elton.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
4. Whose engagement is announced in Volume 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Mr. George Knightley's.
(b) Mr. Elton's.
(c) Mr. Churchill's.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse's.
5. Why would Emma think Mr. Churchill's engagement might upset Harriet?
(a) Because she has been trying to match Harriet and Mr. Churchill together.
(b) Because Harriet is depressed that everyone is getting married except her.
(c) Because Harriet dislikes Miss Fairfax.
(d) Because Harriet is in love with Mr. Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
2. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
3. What news does Emma learn from Miss Fairfax the following day?
4. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
5. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)