|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 11 | Volume 3 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
(a) His aunt is sick.
(b) He is unhappy with Emma's attentions.
(c) He has business to attend to.
(d) He is uncomfortable of the attention of the small village.
2. What game does Emma play with Mr. Churchill after tea at Hartfield?
(b) A card game.
(d) A riddle game with alphabet letters.
3. Why is Mrs. Elton's picnic at Box Hill delayed?
(a) A broken carriage wheel.
(b) A servant strike.
(c) A lame carriage horse.
(d) A rainstorm.
4. From what does Mr. Churchill save Harriet in Volume 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A fainting spell.
(b) A robbery by gypsies.
(c) An attack by an unknown man.
(d) A broken carriage wheel.
5. What reason is given for the invitation failing to arrive promptly?
(a) They dislike Emma's matchmaking games.
(b) They dislike Mr. Woodhouses unpleasant behaviors.
(c) They did not want Emma to outshine their own daughter.
(d) The hosts were making special arrangements for Mr. Woodhouse's attendance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
2. Who does Mr. Churchill dance the first two dances of the Crown's ball with?
3. What news does Mr. Weston bring that causes Emma some agitation?
4. What is Mrs. Bates' relationship to Miss Fairfax?
5. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)