|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 11 | Volume 3 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of conversation in the beginning moments of the party to which Emma attends in Volume 2, Chapter 8?
(a) The special attention Mr. George Knightley has been spending on the Bates and Miss Fairfax.
(b) The new pianoforte Miss Fairfax has received and its mysterioius benefactor.
(c) Mr. Dixon's recent marriage to the daughter of Miss Fairfax's benefactor.
(d) Mr. Churchill's trip to London.
2. Who does Emma make a harmless, but rude comment about?
(a) Miss Bates.
(b) Mrs. Elton.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Miss Fairfax.
3. Who befriends Miss Fairfax in the beginning of Volume 2, Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mrs. Elton.
4. Who is kept from Mr. Woodhouse to prevent annoying him?
(b) The grandchildren.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
5. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
(a) Mr. John Knightley's unexpected arrival.
(b) Mr. Elton is called out of town for business.
(c) Harriet's illness.
(d) Mr. Weston ends his business early and is able to attend despite an earlier refusal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
2. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
3. What is Mrs. Bates' relationship to Miss Fairfax?
4. What is Emma's opinion of the new bride?
5. Who becomes the center of gossip in Highbury?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)