|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 11 | Volume 3 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
2. What does Harriet think of the newly married couple?
(a) Harriet is depressed, convinced she will never be married.
(b) Harriet is jealous of their union.
(c) Harriet is happy they found happiness.
(d) Harriet is happy there is one less man for Emma to match her with.
3. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
(b) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
(c) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
(d) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
4. What is Harriet's response?
(a) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
(b) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
(c) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
(d) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
5. What time limit does Emma place on Harriet's visit to Abbey Mill?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One half hour.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma question Mr. Knightley about as they discuss Miss Fairfax's new friendship?
2. Who does Harriet go to for advice about this encounter?
3. Who does Emma decide to feature in her next art project?
4. What does Mr. Churchill try to make Miss Fairfax confess?
5. Why does Emma believe Mr. Churchill is anxious when he visits her?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)