|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 11 | Volume 3 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns Mr. Woodhouse about this letter?
(a) That the author is lying about the destination.
(b) That the author is angry with him.
(c) That the author will not return.
(d) That the author is avoiding him.
2. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
(a) To find her a better place to live.
(b) To find someone who will make her happy.
(c) To help her finish her education.
(d) To help her learn to dress better.
3. Whose advice regarding his children begins to annoy Mr. John Knightley?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse and his friend Mr. Perry's.
(b) Mr. George Knightley and Harriet's.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Weston's.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse and Emma's.
4. Who do Emma and Harriet run into while Emma escorts Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
(a) Mrs. Weston and Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. Churchill and Miss Fairfax.
(d) Mr. George Knightley and Miss Fairfax.
5. Who does Harriet go to for advice about this encounter?
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Goddard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Bates' relationship to Miss Fairfax?
2. Who do Emma and Harriet run into on the road between Randalls and Hartfield?
3. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
4. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
5. Why does Emma believe Mr. Churchill is anxious when he visits her?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)