|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 11 | Volume 3 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteers to host the party while the problem is resolved?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Knightley.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
2. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
(b) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
(c) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
(d) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
3. Who does Harriet go to for advice about this encounter?
(a) Mrs. Goddard.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. Martin.
4. What activity does Mr. Churchill confess to Emma that he loves?
(b) Horseback riding.
5. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
(b) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
(c) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(d) Because it will mean a trip to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims Mr. Knightley protests Emma's question too much?
2. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
3. What number of guests does Emma try to keep her party to in order to appease her father?
4. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
5. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)