|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 11 | Volume 3 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
(a) That Miss Fairfax has eloped with Mr. Churchill.
(b) That Mrs. Weston is about to deliver her baby.
(c) That Harriet has become engaged to Mr. Martin.
(d) That Mr. Churchill has been engaged to Miss Fairfax for months.
2. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
3. Why is Mr. Knightley concerned about Mr. Churchill's interest in Emma?
(a) Because he simply does not like him.
(b) Because he is unreliable and untrustworthy.
(c) Because he is also flirting with Miss Fairfax.
(d) Because he loves Emma himself.
4. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
(a) That he will be unable to return.
(b) That he will miss Emma greatly.
(c) That he has created a poor reputation with Mr. George Knightley.
(d) That he has hurt his father's feelings by leaving.
5. Where does Miss Fairfax intend to move to?
(b) Maple Grove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harriet go to for advice about this encounter?
2. Who volunteers to host the party while the problem is resolved?
3. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
4. Who chastises Emma, causing her to feel mortified?
5. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)