|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 11 | Volume 3 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Weston repeatedly attempt to persuade Emma to go?
(a) To go horseback riding with Mr. Elton and Mr. Churchill.
(b) To listen to Miss Fairfax play her new pianoforte.
(c) To have lunch with Mr. Churchill.
(d) To have lunch at the Bates home.
2. About whom does Mr. Churchill agree with Emma's opinion regarding their behavior and secret affairs?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Weston.
3. Who is having a party but fails to send the Woodhouses an invitation along with ones sent to the other families in Highbury?
(a) The Bates.
(b) The Coles.
(c) The Westons.
(d) The Knightleys.
4. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Knightley.
5. Who does Emma take Harriet to visit in hopes of distracting her from her depression?
(a) The Goddards.
(b) The Bates.
(c) The Knightleys.
(d) The Westons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
2. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
3. How does Emma meet Harriet?
4. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
5. How is the humiliation of Harriet smoothed over?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)