|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 11 | Volume 3 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma question Mr. Knightley about as they discuss Miss Fairfax's new friendship?
(a) Whether Mr. Knightley is in love with Miss Fairfax.
(b) Whether Mr. Knightley is in love with Miss Bates.
(c) If Mr. Knightley knows who Miss Fairfax is in love with.
(d) If Mr. Knightley knows who the donor of the pianoforte is.
2. What game does Emma play with Mr. Churchill after tea at Hartfield?
(c) A riddle game with alphabet letters.
(d) A card game.
3. Who do Emma and Harriet run into while Emma escorts Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
(a) Mrs. Weston and Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mr. Churchill and Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mr. George Knightley and Miss Fairfax.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
4. Who does Mr. Churchill claim he is glad he did not dance with because her dancing is not as good as Emma's?
(a) Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
5. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
(b) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(c) Because it will mean a trip to London.
(d) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Elton's picnic at Box Hill delayed?
2. Where is this ball to be held?
3. Who does Emma regret attempting to play matchmaker with?
4. Why does Emma begin regretting her treatment of Miss Fairfax?
5. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)