|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 11 | Volume 3 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
2. Why would Emma think Mr. Churchill's engagement might upset Harriet?
(a) Because she has been trying to match Harriet and Mr. Churchill together.
(b) Because Harriet is in love with Mr. Churchill.
(c) Because Harriet is depressed that everyone is getting married except her.
(d) Because Harriet dislikes Miss Fairfax.
3. Who is Colonel Campbell who provided for Miss Fairfax's education?
(a) The family lawyer.
(b) A family friend.
(c) Her father.
(d) A cousin.
4. Who refuses to dance with Harriet in an attempt to humiliate her?
(a) Mr. John Knightley.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Elton.
5. Why is Emma happy about this incident in which Mr. Churchill has been forced to save Harriet?
(a) Emma believes it proves Harriet is worthy of the attentions of a gentleman like Mr. Churchill.
(b) Emma believes it will help Harriet see that not all men are cruel.
(c) Emma believes it proves Mr. Churchill cares for Harriet.
(d) Emma believes it will aid in her matchmaking attempt between Harriet and Mr. Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose engagement is announced in Volume 2, Chapter 3?
2. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
3. Who is having a party but fails to send the Woodhouses an invitation along with ones sent to the other families in Highbury?
4. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
5. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)