|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
(a) That he is inconsiderate and rude.
(b) That he is conceited and unfriendly.
(c) That is very handsome and would make a good husband.
(d) That they will be instant friends.
2. Who gives Emma a riddle?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mrs. John Knightley.
3. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Knightley.
(d) Mr. Martin.
4. Who does Harriet run into while shopping in Highbury?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
(b) Elizabeth Martin and her brother.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Miss Fairfax.
5. For what reason does Mr. Churchill go to London shortly after his arrival?
(a) To get a haircut.
(b) To visit an old friend.
(c) To buy Emma a peice of jewelry.
(d) To buy a new suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
2. Why does Emma try to keep word of the incident from her father?
3. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
4. What is the topic of conversation in the beginning moments of the party to which Emma attends in Volume 2, Chapter 8?
5. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)