|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
(a) Miss Churchill's brother and sister-in-law.
(b) Mr. Weston's cousin.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse's nephew.
(d) Mr. Weston's parents.
2. What is Emma's opinion of the new bride?
(a) Emma thinks she is perfect for her new groom.
(b) Emma thinks she is morose and sickly.
(c) Emma thinks she is vulgar and too familiar.
(d) Emma thinks she is beautiful and polite.
3. Why does Emma insist on escorting Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
(a) Emma does not like Harriet's taste in fabric.
(b) Emma does not believe that Harriet should wander around town alone.
(c) Emma does not want Harriet to run into the Martins alone.
(d) Emma wants to use the opportunity to figure out who Harriet is infatuated with now.
4. What is Mrs. Bates' relationship to Miss Fairfax?
(a) She is her grandmother.
(b) She is her cousin.
(c) She is her mother.
(d) She is her aunt.
5. What is Emma's reaction to the implication that Mr. George Knightley is in love with Miss Fairfax?
(a) Emma is upset because she does not think Miss Fairfax would make a good match for Mr. Knightley.
(b) Emma is thrilled because it will get both Mr. Knightley and Miss Fairfax out of her life.
(c) Emma is upset because she wants the Knightley estate, Donwell Abbey, to go to her nephew.
(d) Emma is happy because she can see Miss Fairfax makes Mr. Knightley happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet think of the newly married couple?
2. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
3. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
4. What news do Emma and Harriet receive that causes more excitement in Highbury?
5. Who do Emma and Harriet run into while Emma escorts Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)