|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harriet's response?
(a) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
(b) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
(c) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
(d) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
2. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
(a) The Westons.
(b) The Eltons.
(c) The Knightleys.
(d) The Bates.
3. Who is kept from Mr. Woodhouse to prevent annoying him?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(c) The grandchildren.
4. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(b) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(c) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(d) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
5. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
(a) Emma is bad at choosing mates for her friends.
(b) Emma's matches always end badly.
(c) Emma was the one to match Miss Taylor with her husband, Mr. Weston.
(d) Emma has hurt too many people with her matching.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emma's reaction to the implication that Mr. George Knightley is in love with Miss Fairfax?
2. Who takes the finished art project to London for framing?
3. Why does Emma believe Mr. Churchill is anxious when he visits her?
4. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
5. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)