|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of conversation in the beginning moments of the party to which Emma attends in Volume 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Dixon's recent marriage to the daughter of Miss Fairfax's benefactor.
(b) The new pianoforte Miss Fairfax has received and its mysterioius benefactor.
(c) Mr. Churchill's trip to London.
(d) The special attention Mr. George Knightley has been spending on the Bates and Miss Fairfax.
2. How does Miss Fairfax respond to questions Emma asks about Mr. Churchill?
(a) With anger.
(b) With contempt.
(c) With the assumption that Emma is in love with the mysterious stranger.
(d) With vague responses.
3. What activity does Mr. Churchill confess to Emma that he loves?
(a) Horseback riding.
4. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(a) Portrait painting.
(b) Writing poetry.
(d) Drawing caricatures.
5. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Emma to suspect she might be in love with Mr. Churchill?
2. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
3. What is all the gossip centering around this person about?
4. What reason is given for the invitation failing to arrive promptly?
5. Who is the intended target of Emma's next attempt at matchmaking?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)