|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harriet's response?
(a) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
(b) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
(c) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
(d) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
2. What is all the gossip centering around this person about?
(a) Miss Fairfax's affair with a married man.
(b) Miss Hawkins' reported beauty and wealth.
(c) Emma's failed attempt at matching Mr. Elton to Harriet.
(d) Mr. Churchill's secret engagement.
3. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
(a) He is uncomfortable of the attention of the small village.
(b) He has business to attend to.
(c) His aunt is sick.
(d) He is unhappy with Emma's attentions.
4. Who does not think highly of Mr. Churchill because of his recent inaction?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
5. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
(a) He is interested in her social station.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He was playing games with her.
(d) He is hurt by the way she treats the people around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused the delay of a character's visit to Highbury?
2. What does Mr. Churchill try to make Miss Fairfax confess?
3. Who is Emma's next target in her matchmaking attempts on Harriet's behalf?
4. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
5. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)