|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recent wedding is the main topic of conversation?
(a) Miss Taylor's to Mr. Knightley.
(b) Miss Taylor's to Mr. Weston.
(c) Harriet's to Mr. Elton.
(d) Harriet's to Mr. Martin.
2. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
(a) To help her finish her education.
(b) To help her learn to dress better.
(c) To find someone who will make her happy.
(d) To find her a better place to live.
3. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
(a) She got a divorce.
(b) She got pregnant before she was married.
(c) She married a man below her social station.
(d) She married a man they did not approve of.
4. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Breaks her shoelace.
(b) Pretends she lost a glove.
(c) Breaks her dress strap.
(d) Pretends she forgot her purse.
5. What is all the gossip centering around this person about?
(a) Mr. Churchill's secret engagement.
(b) Miss Fairfax's affair with a married man.
(c) Emma's failed attempt at matching Mr. Elton to Harriet.
(d) Miss Hawkins' reported beauty and wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
2. About whom does Mr. Churchill agree with Emma's opinion regarding their behavior and secret affairs?
3. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
4. Why does Emma tell herself she is anxious to see Mr. Churchill?
5. Who does Emma believe the donor of the pianoforte is?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)