|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose engagement is announced in Volume 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse's.
(b) Mr. Elton's.
(c) Mr. Churchill's.
(d) Mr. George Knightley's.
2. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Portrait painting.
(d) Drawing caricatures.
3. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Miss Bates.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
4. Where does Mrs. Weston repeatedly attempt to persuade Emma to go?
(a) To go horseback riding with Mr. Elton and Mr. Churchill.
(b) To listen to Miss Fairfax play her new pianoforte.
(c) To have lunch with Mr. Churchill.
(d) To have lunch at the Bates home.
5. Who is kept from Mr. Woodhouse to prevent annoying him?
(a) The grandchildren.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
2. Why are Mr. Churchill's aunt and uncle moving to London?
3. What is the topic of conversation in the beginning moments of the party to which Emma attends in Volume 2, Chapter 8?
4. Who gives Emma a riddle?
5. Who becomes the center of gossip in Highbury?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)