|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emma's reaction to the implication that Mr. George Knightley is in love with Miss Fairfax?
(a) Emma is upset because she wants the Knightley estate, Donwell Abbey, to go to her nephew.
(b) Emma is happy because she can see Miss Fairfax makes Mr. Knightley happy.
(c) Emma is upset because she does not think Miss Fairfax would make a good match for Mr. Knightley.
(d) Emma is thrilled because it will get both Mr. Knightley and Miss Fairfax out of her life.
2. How is the humiliation of Harriet smoothed over?
(a) Mr. Elton apologizes.
(b) Mr. George Knightley asks her to dance.
(c) Mr. Churchill asks her to dance.
(d) Mr. Weston asks Mr. Elton to leave.
3. What causes Emma to suspect she might be in love with Mr. Churchill?
(a) A letter in which he confesses his love.
(b) The opinions of Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
(c) An observance made by her father.
(d) The depth of her grief at his loss.
4. What does Emma question Mr. Knightley about as they discuss Miss Fairfax's new friendship?
(a) If Mr. Knightley knows who Miss Fairfax is in love with.
(b) If Mr. Knightley knows who the donor of the pianoforte is.
(c) Whether Mr. Knightley is in love with Miss Fairfax.
(d) Whether Mr. Knightley is in love with Miss Bates.
5. Who does Mr. Churchill call Emma's lovely friend in a letter he sends to Mr. and Mrs. Weston?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Miss Bates.
(d) Miss Fairfax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Highbury int he beginning of Volume 1, Chapter 11?
2. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
3. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
4. What activity does Mr. Churchill confess to Emma that he loves?
5. Why does Harriet announce she never plans to marry?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)