|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the finished art project to London for framing?
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
2. Who is kept from Mr. Woodhouse to prevent annoying him?
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) The grandchildren.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
3. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
(a) Miss Bates is the headmistress at a boarding school.
(b) Miss Bates is an unmarried woman who cares for her elderly mother.
(c) Miss Bates is a governess.
(d) Miss Bates is the daughter of the local vicar.
4. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
5. Who arrives at Highbury int he beginning of Volume 1, Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(c) Isabella and her family.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emma happy about this incident in which Mr. Churchill has been forced to save Harriet?
2. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
3. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
4. Who has sent a letter to the Bates announcing intentions to visit?
5. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)