|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason is given for the invitation failing to arrive promptly?
(a) They dislike Mr. Woodhouses unpleasant behaviors.
(b) They dislike Emma's matchmaking games.
(c) They did not want Emma to outshine their own daughter.
(d) The hosts were making special arrangements for Mr. Woodhouse's attendance.
2. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. Weston.
3. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(b) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(c) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(d) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
4. To what town does Mr. Churchill move with his aunt and uncle?
5. From what does Mr. Churchill save Harriet in Volume 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A broken carriage wheel.
(b) An attack by an unknown man.
(c) A robbery by gypsies.
(d) A fainting spell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harriet's response?
2. Who does not think highly of Mr. Churchill because of his recent inaction?
3. Who invites Harriet to tea at their home, causing her to seek advice again?
4. Who does Emma take Harriet to visit in hopes of distracting her from her depression?
5. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)