|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Breaks her shoelace.
(b) Pretends she lost a glove.
(c) Breaks her dress strap.
(d) Pretends she forgot her purse.
2. Why are Mr. Churchill's aunt and uncle moving to London?
(a) To be closer to Highbury.
(b) To provide a warmer climate for the aunt's illness.
(c) To be closer to social season.
(d) To provide a home for an orphaned cousin.
3. Who do Emma and Harriet run into while Emma escorts Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
(a) Mr. Churchill and Miss Fairfax.
(b) Mr. George Knightley and Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Weston and Mr. Churchill.
4. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
(a) He is hurt by the way she treats the people around her.
(b) He is interested in her social station.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He was playing games with her.
5. Who is the intended target of Emma's next attempt at matchmaking?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Miss Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
2. Where does Mrs. Weston repeatedly attempt to persuade Emma to go?
3. Who does Emma decide to feature in her next art project?
4. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
5. Why is Emma happy about this incident in which Mr. Churchill has been forced to save Harriet?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)