|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse's nephew.
(b) Mr. Weston's cousin.
(c) Mr. Weston's parents.
(d) Miss Churchill's brother and sister-in-law.
2. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(b) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
(c) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
(d) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
3. Who becomes the center of gossip in Highbury?
(b) Miss Hawkins.
(c) Miss Fairfax.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
4. Who is finally married in Volume 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Mr. George Knightley and Miss Fairfax.
(b) Miss Bates.
(c) Mr. Elton and Harriet.
(d) Mr. Elton and Miss Hawkins.
5. How does Miss Fairfax respond to questions Emma asks about Mr. Churchill?
(a) With contempt.
(b) With vague responses.
(c) With anger.
(d) With the assumption that Emma is in love with the mysterious stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
2. How is the humiliation of Harriet smoothed over?
3. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
4. For what reason does Mr. Churchill go to London shortly after his arrival?
5. Why is Emma happy about this incident in which Mr. Churchill has been forced to save Harriet?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)