|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emma happy about this incident in which Mr. Churchill has been forced to save Harriet?
(a) Emma believes it proves Harriet is worthy of the attentions of a gentleman like Mr. Churchill.
(b) Emma believes it will aid in her matchmaking attempt between Harriet and Mr. Churchill.
(c) Emma believes it will help Harriet see that not all men are cruel.
(d) Emma believes it proves Mr. Churchill cares for Harriet.
2. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Martin.
3. From what does Mr. Churchill save Harriet in Volume 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A broken carriage wheel.
(b) A fainting spell.
(c) A robbery by gypsies.
(d) An attack by an unknown man.
4. Why does Emma try to keep word of the incident from her father?
(a) Emma knows it will only upset him.
(b) Emma worries it will cause her father to become ill.
(c) Emma knows her father will not approve of Harriet being alone with Mr. Churchill.
(d) Emma is afraid he will want to fix the situation himself.
5. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
(a) A cigarette butt and a riddle.
(b) A glass he used and a pencil.
(c) A pencil and a piece of plaster.
(d) A piece of plaster from an injured finger and a riddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Highbury int he beginning of Volume 1, Chapter 11?
2. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
3. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
4. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
5. What is Harriet's response?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)