|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 3 | Volume 3 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose engagement is announced in Volume 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Mr. George Knightley's.
(b) Mr. Elton's.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse's.
(d) Mr. Churchill's.
2. Why does Harriet announce she never plans to marry?
(a) Harriet feels she is not worthy of a good man.
(b) Harriet feels she will only love Mr. Elton.
(c) Harriet is tired of attempting to seduce men.
(d) Harriet wants to be just like Emma.
3. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He is supportive of her opinion.
(b) He is proud of her.
(c) He becomes angry and leaves.
(d) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
4. From what does Mr. Churchill save Harriet in Volume 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A fainting spell.
(b) A broken carriage wheel.
(c) A robbery by gypsies.
(d) An attack by an unknown man.
5. What causes Emma to suspect she might be in love with Mr. Churchill?
(a) A letter in which he confesses his love.
(b) An observance made by her father.
(c) The depth of her grief at his loss.
(d) The opinions of Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else knows about the letter?
2. Why does Emma tell herself she is anxious to see Mr. Churchill?
3. Who do Emma and Harriet run into while Emma escorts Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
4. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
5. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)