|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 7 | Volume 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(a) Portrait painting.
(b) Drawing caricatures.
(c) Writing poetry.
2. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Breaks her shoelace.
(b) Breaks her dress strap.
(c) Pretends she lost a glove.
(d) Pretends she forgot her purse.
3. Who does Harriet run into while shopping in Highbury?
(a) Miss Fairfax.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Elizabeth Martin and her brother.
4. Who has sent a letter to the Bates announcing intentions to visit?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mrs. Cole.
(c) Miss Fairfax.
(d) Mr. Elton.
5. Who is having a party but fails to send the Woodhouses an invitation along with ones sent to the other families in Highbury?
(a) The Westons.
(b) The Knightleys.
(c) The Bates.
(d) The Coles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
2. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
3. What is Emma's reaction to the implication that Mr. George Knightley is in love with Miss Fairfax?
4. What is Mrs. Bates' relationship to Miss Fairfax?
5. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)