|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 7 | Volume 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Churchill claim he is glad he did not dance with because her dancing is not as good as Emma's?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Miss Fairfax.
2. Who is kept from Mr. Woodhouse to prevent annoying him?
(a) The grandchildren.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
3. For what reason does Mr. Churchill go to London shortly after his arrival?
(a) To get a haircut.
(b) To visit an old friend.
(c) To buy Emma a peice of jewelry.
(d) To buy a new suit.
4. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. Weston.
5. What is all the gossip centering around this person about?
(a) Miss Fairfax's affair with a married man.
(b) Mr. Churchill's secret engagement.
(c) Miss Hawkins' reported beauty and wealth.
(d) Emma's failed attempt at matching Mr. Elton to Harriet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news do Emma and Harriet receive that causes more excitement in Highbury?
2. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
3. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
4. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
5. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)