|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 7 | Volume 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
(a) That they will be instant friends.
(b) That he is conceited and unfriendly.
(c) That is very handsome and would make a good husband.
(d) That he is inconsiderate and rude.
2. Who does Harriet go to for advice about this encounter?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mrs. Goddard.
(d) Mr. Martin.
3. What reason is given for the invitation failing to arrive promptly?
(a) They dislike Emma's matchmaking games.
(b) The hosts were making special arrangements for Mr. Woodhouse's attendance.
(c) They dislike Mr. Woodhouses unpleasant behaviors.
(d) They did not want Emma to outshine their own daughter.
4. What concerns Mr. Woodhouse about this letter?
(a) That the author will not return.
(b) That the author is angry with him.
(c) That the author is lying about the destination.
(d) That the author is avoiding him.
5. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Pretends she forgot her purse.
(b) Breaks her shoelace.
(c) Pretends she lost a glove.
(d) Breaks her dress strap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
2. What recent wedding is the main topic of conversation?
3. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
4. Who disapproves of Emma's friendship with Harriet?
5. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)