|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 7 | Volume 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is having a party but fails to send the Woodhouses an invitation along with ones sent to the other families in Highbury?
(a) The Westons.
(b) The Bates.
(c) The Knightleys.
(d) The Coles.
2. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
(a) Miss Bates is the headmistress at a boarding school.
(b) Miss Bates is a governess.
(c) Miss Bates is the daughter of the local vicar.
(d) Miss Bates is an unmarried woman who cares for her elderly mother.
3. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Pretends she lost a glove.
(b) Pretends she forgot her purse.
(c) Breaks her shoelace.
(d) Breaks her dress strap.
4. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
(a) Miss Bates.
(b) Mr. Churchill's
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
5. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
2. Whose advice regarding his children begins to annoy Mr. John Knightley?
3. Who is unable to attend due to a sore throat?
4. About whom does Mr. Churchill agree with Emma's opinion regarding their behavior and secret affairs?
5. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)