|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 7 | Volume 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
(c) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(d) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
2. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Knightley.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mr. Elton.
3. Who has sent a letter to the Bates announcing intentions to visit?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(c) Miss Fairfax.
(d) Mrs. Cole.
4. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. Weston.
5. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
(a) Because a child had a throat ailment.
(b) Because they did not want to see Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Because they were attending a wedding.
(d) Because Isabella was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Churchill claim he is glad he did not dance with because her dancing is not as good as Emma's?
2. Who does Emma decide to feature in her next art project?
3. Who else knows about the letter?
4. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
5. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)