|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 7 | Volume 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
(b) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
(c) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(d) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
2. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
3. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
(a) Mr. Churchill has allowed his aunt and uncle to adopt him.
(b) Mr. Churchill does not want to have anything to do with Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Churchill will not be visiting.
(d) Mr. Churchill has decided to get married, but has not invited the Westons.
4. What is Harriet's response?
(a) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
(b) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
(c) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
(d) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
5. How does Miss Fairfax respond to questions Emma asks about Mr. Churchill?
(a) With vague responses.
(b) With anger.
(c) With contempt.
(d) With the assumption that Emma is in love with the mysterious stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma decide to feature in her next art project?
2. Who does Harriet go to for advice about this encounter?
3. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
4. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
5. Who else knows about the letter?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)