|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 7 | Volume 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time limit does Emma place on Harriet's visit to Abbey Mill?
(a) One half hour.
(b) One hour.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Two hours.
2. Who would prefer to avoid all talk about Miss Fairfax?
(a) Miss Bates.
(c) Mrs. Cole.
3. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He is hurt by the way she treats the people around her.
(c) He was playing games with her.
(d) He is interested in her social station.
4. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
(a) Mr. Churchill does not want to have anything to do with Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Churchill has allowed his aunt and uncle to adopt him.
(c) Mr. Churchill will not be visiting.
(d) Mr. Churchill has decided to get married, but has not invited the Westons.
5. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
(a) Mr. John Knightley and his wife, Isabella.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else knows about the letter?
2. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
3. What has caused the delay of a character's visit to Highbury?
4. What is Mrs. Bates' relationship to Miss Fairfax?
5. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)