|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 7 | Volume 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harriet go to for advice about this encounter?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mrs. Goddard.
2. Who has sent a letter to the Bates announcing intentions to visit?
(a) Miss Fairfax.
(b) Mrs. Cole.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. Elton.
3. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
(a) Because Isabella was ill.
(b) Because a child had a throat ailment.
(c) Because they were attending a wedding.
(d) Because they did not want to see Mr. Woodhouse.
4. Whose advice regarding his children begins to annoy Mr. John Knightley?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse and Emma's.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Weston's.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse and his friend Mr. Perry's.
(d) Mr. George Knightley and Harriet's.
5. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(b) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(c) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(d) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would prefer to avoid all talk about Miss Fairfax?
2. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
3. Who else knows about the letter?
4. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
5. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)