|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 7 | Volume 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Breaks her dress strap.
(b) Breaks her shoelace.
(c) Pretends she lost a glove.
(d) Pretends she forgot her purse.
2. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) A new pianoforte.
(b) The art project Emma created.
(c) A letter from Mr. Elton.
(d) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
3. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Miss Bates.
4. Who do Emma and Harriet run into on the road between Randalls and Hartfield?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
(c) Miss Bates.
(d) Miss Fairfax.
5. For what reason does Mr. Churchill go to London shortly after his arrival?
(a) To buy Emma a peice of jewelry.
(b) To visit an old friend.
(c) To buy a new suit.
(d) To get a haircut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
2. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
3. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
4. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
5. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)