|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 3 | Volume 2 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose engagement is announced in Volume 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Mr. Churchill's.
(b) Mr. Elton's.
(c) Mr. George Knightley's.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse's.
2. Who gives Emma a riddle?
(a) Mrs. John Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
3. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(b) Drawing caricatures.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Portrait painting.
4. What concerns Mr. Woodhouse about this letter?
(a) That the author will not return.
(b) That the author is avoiding him.
(c) That the author is angry with him.
(d) That the author is lying about the destination.
5. Who believes this choice of vacation location was all wrong?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. John Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims they will never get married?
2. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
3. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
4. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
5. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)