|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 3 | Volume 2 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
(a) She married a man below her social station.
(b) She married a man they did not approve of.
(c) She got pregnant before she was married.
(d) She got a divorce.
2. What is Mrs. Bates' relationship to Miss Fairfax?
(a) She is her grandmother.
(b) She is her mother.
(c) She is her cousin.
(d) She is her aunt.
3. What is all the gossip centering around this person about?
(a) Mr. Churchill's secret engagement.
(b) Miss Fairfax's affair with a married man.
(c) Emma's failed attempt at matching Mr. Elton to Harriet.
(d) Miss Hawkins' reported beauty and wealth.
4. Who would prefer to avoid all talk about Miss Fairfax?
(a) Mrs. Cole.
(b) Miss Bates.
5. Who does Harriet go to for advice about this encounter?
(a) Mrs. Goddard.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
2. Who disapproves of Emma's friendship with Harriet?
3. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
4. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
5. Who becomes the center of gossip in Highbury?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)