|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 3 | Volume 2 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(a) Portrait painting.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Drawing caricatures.
2. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. John Knightley and his wife, Isabella.
(d) Mr. Elton.
3. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
(a) To find someone who will make her happy.
(b) To help her learn to dress better.
(c) To help her finish her education.
(d) To find her a better place to live.
4. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
(a) A snowstorm.
(b) An important message.
(c) A rude waiter.
(d) An illness.
5. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
(b) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(c) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(d) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
2. What is Harriet's response?
3. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
4. Who does not think highly of Mr. Churchill because of his recent inaction?
5. Who does Emma take Harriet to visit in hopes of distracting her from her depression?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)