|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 3 | Volume 2 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes this choice of vacation location was all wrong?
(a) Mr. John Knightley.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
2. Whose engagement is announced in Volume 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Mr. George Knightley's.
(b) Mr. Elton's.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse's.
(d) Mr. Churchill's.
3. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. John Knightley and his wife, Isabella.
4. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
(b) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(c) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
(d) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
5. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(b) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(c) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(d) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
2. What is Mrs. Bates' relationship to Miss Fairfax?
3. What is Harriet's response?
4. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
5. Whose advice regarding his children begins to annoy Mr. John Knightley?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)