|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 3 | Volume 2 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. Elton.
2. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
(a) Emma's matches always end badly.
(b) Emma was the one to match Miss Taylor with her husband, Mr. Weston.
(c) Emma has hurt too many people with her matching.
(d) Emma is bad at choosing mates for her friends.
3. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(b) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(c) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(d) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
4. What recent wedding is the main topic of conversation?
(a) Harriet's to Mr. Elton.
(b) Harriet's to Mr. Martin.
(c) Miss Taylor's to Mr. Weston.
(d) Miss Taylor's to Mr. Knightley.
5. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Knightley.
(d) Mr. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
2. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
3. How does Miss Fairfax respond to questions Emma asks about Mr. Churchill?
4. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
5. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)