|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) A letter from Mr. Elton.
(b) A new pianoforte.
(c) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
(d) The art project Emma created.
2. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(b) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(c) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
3. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Pretends she lost a glove.
(b) Breaks her shoelace.
(c) Breaks her dress strap.
(d) Pretends she forgot her purse.
4. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
5. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
(a) Mrs. Goddard.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Highbury int he beginning of Volume 1, Chapter 11?
2. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
3. Who else knows about the letter?
4. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
5. How does Emma meet Harriet?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)