|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Pretends she forgot her purse.
(b) Breaks her shoelace.
(c) Pretends she lost a glove.
(d) Breaks her dress strap.
2. Who disapproves of Emma's friendship with Harriet?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
3. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Miss Bates.
(d) Mr. Elton.
4. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
(a) Emma has hurt too many people with her matching.
(b) Emma is bad at choosing mates for her friends.
(c) Emma was the one to match Miss Taylor with her husband, Mr. Weston.
(d) Emma's matches always end badly.
5. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
(a) Miss Churchill's brother and sister-in-law.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse's nephew.
(c) Mr. Weston's cousin.
(d) Mr. Weston's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the intended target of Emma's next attempt at matchmaking?
2. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
3. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
4. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
5. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)