|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will have dinner with him.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If she will go riding with him.
(d) If she will attend a ball with him.
2. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Miss Goddard introduces them.
(b) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
(c) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
(d) Miss Bates introduces them.
3. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(b) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
(c) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
(d) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
4. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Breaks her shoelace.
(b) Breaks her dress strap.
(c) Pretends she lost a glove.
(d) Pretends she forgot her purse.
5. Who disapproves of Emma's friendship with Harriet?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is kept from Mr. Woodhouse to prevent annoying him?
2. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
3. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
4. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
5. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)