|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
(b) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(c) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(d) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
2. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
(a) She married a man they did not approve of.
(b) She got a divorce.
(c) She married a man below her social station.
(d) She got pregnant before she was married.
3. Who does Emma decide to feature in her next art project?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
4. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
(a) Because they were attending a wedding.
(b) Because they did not want to see Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Because a child had a throat ailment.
(d) Because Isabella was ill.
5. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Emma a riddle?
2. Who is unable to attend due to a sore throat?
3. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
4. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
5. Who is kept from Mr. Woodhouse to prevent annoying him?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)