|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the finished art project to London for framing?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
2. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
(a) He is a cousin.
(b) He is the son of Mr. Woodhouse's sister.
(c) He is the brother of Emma's sister.
(d) He is the son of Emma's sister.
3. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is too salty.
(b) It is not wholesome enough.
(c) It is too wholesome.
(d) It is too cold.
4. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Pretends she forgot her purse.
(b) Breaks her shoelace.
(c) Breaks her dress strap.
(d) Pretends she lost a glove.
5. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
2. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
3. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
4. Who disapproves of Emma's friendship with Harriet?
5. What has caused the delay of a character's visit to Highbury?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)