|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse's nephew.
(b) Miss Churchill's brother and sister-in-law.
(c) Mr. Weston's cousin.
(d) Mr. Weston's parents.
2. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Martin.
3. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
(a) Emma's matches always end badly.
(b) Emma is bad at choosing mates for her friends.
(c) Emma was the one to match Miss Taylor with her husband, Mr. Weston.
(d) Emma has hurt too many people with her matching.
4. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(a) Drawing caricatures.
(c) Portrait painting.
(d) Writing poetry.
5. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
(a) Miss Bates is a governess.
(b) Miss Bates is an unmarried woman who cares for her elderly mother.
(c) Miss Bates is the headmistress at a boarding school.
(d) Miss Bates is the daughter of the local vicar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is kept from Mr. Woodhouse to prevent annoying him?
2. What recent wedding is the main topic of conversation?
3. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
4. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
5. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)