|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mrs. Goddard.
2. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(b) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
(c) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
3. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
(b) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
(c) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
(d) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
4. Who is the intended target of Emma's next attempt at matchmaking?
(a) Miss Taylor.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
5. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the finished art project to London for framing?
2. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
3. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
4. How does Emma meet Harriet?
5. Who else knows about the letter?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)