|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims they will never get married?
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. George Knighley.
2. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she will have dinner with him.
(c) If she will attend a ball with him.
(d) If she will go riding with him.
3. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(b) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(c) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(d) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
4. Who does Emma decide to feature in her next art project?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. Elton.
5. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
(a) Because a child had a throat ailment.
(b) Because Isabella was ill.
(c) Because they did not want to see Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Because they were attending a wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
2. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
3. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
4. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
5. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)