|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
(a) Because they did not want to see Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Because Isabella was ill.
(c) Because a child had a throat ailment.
(d) Because they were attending a wedding.
2. Who arrives at Highbury int he beginning of Volume 1, Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Isabella and her family.
3. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
4. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mr. Elton.
5. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
(a) The Eltons.
(b) The Westons.
(c) The Bates.
(d) The Knightleys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
2. Who disapproves of Emma's friendship with Harriet?
3. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
4. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
5. Who else knows about the letter?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)