|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(b) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(c) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
2. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
(a) Mr. Weston's cousin.
(b) Mr. Weston's parents.
(c) Miss Churchill's brother and sister-in-law.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse's nephew.
3. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
(a) Miss Bates is an unmarried woman who cares for her elderly mother.
(b) Miss Bates is the daughter of the local vicar.
(c) Miss Bates is the headmistress at a boarding school.
(d) Miss Bates is a governess.
4. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
(a) Emma is bad at choosing mates for her friends.
(b) Emma's matches always end badly.
(c) Emma has hurt too many people with her matching.
(d) Emma was the one to match Miss Taylor with her husband, Mr. Weston.
5. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Elton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
2. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
3. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
4. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
5. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)