|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
(a) Because they did not want to see Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Because they were attending a wedding.
(c) Because a child had a throat ailment.
(d) Because Isabella was ill.
2. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(b) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(c) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(d) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
3. What is Harriet's response?
(a) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
(b) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
(c) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
(d) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
4. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) A new pianoforte.
(b) The art project Emma created.
(c) A letter from Mr. Elton.
(d) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
5. Who disapproves of Emma's friendship with Harriet?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Elton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
2. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
3. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
4. What recent wedding is the main topic of conversation?
5. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)