|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
(a) Because they did not want to see Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Because Isabella was ill.
(c) Because a child had a throat ailment.
(d) Because they were attending a wedding.
2. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
(b) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
(c) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(d) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
3. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
(a) Mr. Weston's parents.
(b) Miss Churchill's brother and sister-in-law.
(c) Mr. Weston's cousin.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse's nephew.
4. Whose advice regarding his children begins to annoy Mr. John Knightley?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse and Emma's.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Weston's.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse and his friend Mr. Perry's.
(d) Mr. George Knightley and Harriet's.
5. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mrs. Goddard.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
2. How does Emma meet Harriet?
3. Who else knows about the letter?
4. What is Harriet's response?
5. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)