|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
2. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
3. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
(b) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(c) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(d) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
4. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(a) Portrait painting.
(b) Drawing caricatures.
(c) Writing poetry.
5. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
(a) Miss Bates is the headmistress at a boarding school.
(b) Miss Bates is a governess.
(c) Miss Bates is the daughter of the local vicar.
(d) Miss Bates is an unmarried woman who cares for her elderly mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
2. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
3. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
4. How does Emma meet Harriet?
5. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)