|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma decide to feature in her next art project?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
2. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will attend a ball with him.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If she will have dinner with him.
(d) If she will go riding with him.
3. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He is proud of her.
(b) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
(c) He becomes angry and leaves.
(d) He is supportive of her opinion.
4. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Knightley.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
5. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
(a) She got pregnant before she was married.
(b) She married a man below her social station.
(c) She got a divorce.
(d) She married a man they did not approve of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
2. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
3. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
4. What is Harriet's response?
5. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)