|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) A letter from Mr. Elton.
(b) A new pianoforte.
(c) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
(d) The art project Emma created.
2. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(a) Portrait painting.
(b) Drawing caricatures.
(c) Writing poetry.
3. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(b) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(c) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(d) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
4. Who else knows about the letter?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mrs. Goddard.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
5. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
(b) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
(c) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(d) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
2. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
3. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
4. Who does Emma decide to feature in her next art project?
5. Who disapproves of Emma's friendship with Harriet?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)