|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse's nephew.
(b) Mr. Weston's cousin.
(c) Miss Churchill's brother and sister-in-law.
(d) Mr. Weston's parents.
2. Who disapproves of Emma's friendship with Harriet?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
3. Who gives Emma a riddle?
(a) Mrs. John Knightley.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
4. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) The art project Emma created.
(b) A letter from Mr. Elton.
(c) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
(d) A new pianoforte.
5. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Miss Bates introduces them.
(b) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
(c) Miss Goddard introduces them.
(d) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the finished art project to London for framing?
2. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
3. What is Harriet's response?
4. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
5. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)