|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disapproves of Emma's friendship with Harriet?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
2. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
(a) Emma has hurt too many people with her matching.
(b) Emma is bad at choosing mates for her friends.
(c) Emma was the one to match Miss Taylor with her husband, Mr. Weston.
(d) Emma's matches always end badly.
3. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Knightley.
(d) Mr. Martin.
4. Who does Emma decide to feature in her next art project?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
5. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) The art project Emma created.
(b) A new pianoforte.
(c) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
(d) A letter from Mr. Elton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
2. Who gives Emma a riddle?
3. What is Harriet's response?
4. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
5. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)