|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
2. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(b) Drawing caricatures.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Portrait painting.
3. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(b) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(c) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(d) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
4. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will attend a ball with him.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If she will go riding with him.
(d) If she will have dinner with him.
5. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
(a) She got a divorce.
(b) She got pregnant before she was married.
(c) She married a man they did not approve of.
(d) She married a man below her social station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
2. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
3. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
4. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
5. Who claims they will never get married?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)