|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Emma a riddle?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mrs. John Knightley.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
2. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
(a) Miss Churchill's brother and sister-in-law.
(b) Mr. Weston's parents.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse's nephew.
(d) Mr. Weston's cousin.
3. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Martin.
4. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(b) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
(d) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
5. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) A letter from Mr. Elton.
(b) The art project Emma created.
(c) A new pianoforte.
(d) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else knows about the letter?
2. Who claims they will never get married?
3. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
4. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
5. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)