|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma decide to feature in her next art project?
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Elton.
2. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
(b) Miss Goddard introduces them.
(c) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
(d) Miss Bates introduces them.
3. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Pretends she lost a glove.
(b) Breaks her shoelace.
(c) Pretends she forgot her purse.
(d) Breaks her dress strap.
4. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
(a) He is the son of Emma's sister.
(b) He is a cousin.
(c) He is the son of Mr. Woodhouse's sister.
(d) He is the brother of Emma's sister.
5. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is too wholesome.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It is not wholesome enough.
(d) It is too salty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
2. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
3. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
4. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
5. What is Harriet's response?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)