|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
(a) Mr. Weston's parents.
(b) Mr. Weston's cousin.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse's nephew.
(d) Miss Churchill's brother and sister-in-law.
2. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(b) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(c) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(d) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
3. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Miss Goddard introduces them.
(b) Miss Bates introduces them.
(c) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
(d) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
4. What is Harriet's response?
(a) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
(b) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
(c) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
(d) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
5. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He is supportive of her opinion.
(b) He is proud of her.
(c) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
(d) He becomes angry and leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
2. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
3. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
4. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
5. Who disapproves of Emma's friendship with Harriet?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)