|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
(a) Mrs. Goddard.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
2. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(b) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(c) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(d) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
3. Who else knows about the letter?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mrs. Goddard.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
4. Who gives Emma a riddle?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mrs. John Knightley.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
5. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Pretends she lost a glove.
(b) Breaks her dress strap.
(c) Pretends she forgot her purse.
(d) Breaks her shoelace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
2. Who is the intended target of Emma's next attempt at matchmaking?
3. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
4. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
5. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)