|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(b) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(c) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
2. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will have dinner with him.
(b) If she will go riding with him.
(c) If she will marry him.
(d) If she will attend a ball with him.
3. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He is proud of her.
(b) He becomes angry and leaves.
(c) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
(d) He is supportive of her opinion.
4. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
(b) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(c) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
(d) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
5. Who takes the finished art project to London for framing?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
2. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
3. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
4. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
5. How does Emma meet Harriet?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)