|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He becomes angry and leaves.
(b) He is supportive of her opinion.
(c) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
(d) He is proud of her.
2. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
(a) She married a man below her social station.
(b) She got a divorce.
(c) She married a man they did not approve of.
(d) She got pregnant before she was married.
3. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
4. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
(a) Miss Bates is an unmarried woman who cares for her elderly mother.
(b) Miss Bates is the headmistress at a boarding school.
(c) Miss Bates is the daughter of the local vicar.
(d) Miss Bates is a governess.
5. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is too wholesome.
(c) It is not wholesome enough.
(d) It is too salty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else knows about the letter?
2. Who takes the finished art project to London for framing?
3. Who is the intended target of Emma's next attempt at matchmaking?
4. What is Harriet's response?
5. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)