|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(b) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(c) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
2. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will have dinner with him.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If she will attend a ball with him.
(d) If she will go riding with him.
3. Who else knows about the letter?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mrs. Goddard.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
4. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
5. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is too salty.
(c) It is too wholesome.
(d) It is not wholesome enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
2. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
3. What is Harriet's response?
4. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
5. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)