|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
2. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Goddard.
3. Who does Emma decide to feature in her next art project?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
4. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(b) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(c) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(d) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
5. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
(a) He is the brother of Emma's sister.
(b) He is the son of Emma's sister.
(c) He is a cousin.
(d) He is the son of Mr. Woodhouse's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
2. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
3. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
4. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
5. Who claims they will never get married?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)