|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(b) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
(c) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
(d) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
2. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
(a) He is the son of Mr. Woodhouse's sister.
(b) He is a cousin.
(c) He is the brother of Emma's sister.
(d) He is the son of Emma's sister.
3. Who gives Emma a riddle?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. John Knightley.
4. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Miss Goddard introduces them.
(b) Miss Bates introduces them.
(c) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
(d) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
5. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(b) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(c) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(d) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the finished art project to London for framing?
2. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
3. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
4. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
5. Who disapproves of Emma's friendship with Harriet?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)