Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 7 | Volume 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims they will never get married?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mr. George Knighley.
2. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
(a) That he believes she is a conceited young woman.
(b) That he dislikes her matchmaking attempts.
(c) That he is in love with Harriet.
(d) That he is in love with her.
3. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
(a) Emma has hurt too many people with her matching.
(b) Emma is bad at choosing mates for her friends.
(c) Emma's matches always end badly.
(d) Emma was the one to match Miss Taylor with her husband, Mr. Weston.
4. Who else knows about the letter?
(a) Mrs. Goddard.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
5. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) The art project Emma created.
(b) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
(c) A new pianoforte.
(d) A letter from Mr. Elton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
2. Who would prefer to avoid all talk about Miss Fairfax?
3. What is Harriet's response?
4. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
5. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)