Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 3 | Volume 2 Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He becomes angry and leaves.
(b) He is supportive of her opinion.
(c) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
(d) He is proud of her.
2. Who is unable to attend due to a sore throat?
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Miss Bates.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
3. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
(a) Emma's matches always end badly.
(b) Emma has hurt too many people with her matching.
(c) Emma was the one to match Miss Taylor with her husband, Mr. Weston.
(d) Emma is bad at choosing mates for her friends.
4. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) The art project Emma created.
(b) A new pianoforte.
(c) A letter from Mr. Elton.
(d) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
5. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Drawing caricatures.
(c) Portrait painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
2. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
3. Who takes the finished art project to London for framing?
4. Why did Mr. John Knightley spend the summer at the seashore rather than at Hartfield?
5. What is Mrs. Bates' relationship to Miss Fairfax?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)