|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 13 | Volume 1 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What artistic talent does Emma possess?
(a) Drawing caricatures.
(b) Portrait painting.
(d) Writing poetry.
2. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He becomes angry and leaves.
(b) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
(c) He is supportive of her opinion.
(d) He is proud of her.
3. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
(c) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(d) Harriet, Emma's friend.
4. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Knightley.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mr. Weston.
5. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is not wholesome enough.
(c) It is too wholesome.
(d) It is too salty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
2. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
3. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
4. What is Harriet's response?
5. Whose advice regarding his children begins to annoy Mr. John Knightley?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)