Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 9 | Volume 1 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
(b) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
(c) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
(d) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
2. Who becomes a frequent visitor at Highbury during the creation of this art project?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
3. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Harriet, Emma's friend.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
(c) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
(d) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
4. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
5. Who raised and gave their name to Mr. Weston's son?
(a) Mr. Weston's parents.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse's nephew.
(c) Mr. Weston's cousin.
(d) Miss Churchill's brother and sister-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What visitors are the Woodhouses expecting for Christmas?
2. What is Harriet's response?
3. How does Emma meet Harriet?
4. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
5. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)