|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Emma a riddle?
(a) Mrs. John Knightley.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
2. What concerns Mr. Woodhouse about this letter?
(a) That the author is angry with him.
(b) That the author is avoiding him.
(c) That the author is lying about the destination.
(d) That the author will not return.
3. Where is this ball to be held?
(a) At Randalls.
(b) At Donwell Abbey.
(c) At Hartfield.
(d) At Crown's.
4. Why does Emma believe she faces a future without friends?
(a) Because she has offended too many people with her conceit.
(b) Because she has decided she no longer wants to have friends around.
(c) Because everyone is getting married and having babies, keeping them too busy to visit.
(d) Because Mrs. Elton is spreading bad gossip about her, scaring everyone away.
5. What gift has Mr. George Knightley made to the Bates that causes Emma to wonder about his intentions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma tell herself she is anxious to see Mr. Churchill?
2. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
3. What activity does Mr. Churchill confess to Emma that he loves?
4. Where does Miss Fairfax intend to move to?
5. Who does Emma take Harriet to visit in hopes of distracting her from her depression?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)