|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time limit does Emma place on Harriet's visit to Abbey Mill?
(a) One hour.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One half hour.
2. About whom does Mr. Churchill agree with Emma's opinion regarding their behavior and secret affairs?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Miss Fairfax.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
3. Why does Harriet announce she never plans to marry?
(a) Harriet feels she will only love Mr. Elton.
(b) Harriet feels she is not worthy of a good man.
(c) Harriet is tired of attempting to seduce men.
(d) Harriet wants to be just like Emma.
4. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
5. Why does Emma begin regretting her treatment of Miss Fairfax?
(a) Because she wants to remain on Mr. Churchill's good side.
(b) Because she thinks Miss Fairfax would have made a better friend because it would not have been hard to make a love match for her.
(c) Because she learns that Miss Fairfax regretted keeping her secret.
(d) Because she thinks flirting with Mr. Churchill hurt Miss Fairfax's feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
2. Who would prefer to avoid all talk about Miss Fairfax?
3. Who does Emma believe the donor of the pianoforte is?
4. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
5. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)