|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma insist on escorting Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
(a) Emma does not like Harriet's taste in fabric.
(b) Emma does not want Harriet to run into the Martins alone.
(c) Emma wants to use the opportunity to figure out who Harriet is infatuated with now.
(d) Emma does not believe that Harriet should wander around town alone.
2. What number of guests does Emma try to keep her party to in order to appease her father?
3. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
(a) That he is inconsiderate and rude.
(b) That they will be instant friends.
(c) That he is conceited and unfriendly.
(d) That is very handsome and would make a good husband.
4. Who chastises Emma, causing her to feel mortified?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
5. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes ill, causing Emma plenty of time to think of her regrets?
2. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
3. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
4. From what does Mr. Churchill save Harriet in Volume 3, Chapter 3?
5. Who does Emma make a harmless, but rude comment about?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)