|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift has Mr. George Knightley made to the Bates that causes Emma to wonder about his intentions?
2. Who chastises Emma, causing her to feel mortified?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
3. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) A letter from Mr. Elton.
(b) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
(c) A new pianoforte.
(d) The art project Emma created.
4. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is too salty.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It is too wholesome.
(d) It is not wholesome enough.
5. Why does Emma begin regretting her treatment of Miss Fairfax?
(a) Because she learns that Miss Fairfax regretted keeping her secret.
(b) Because she thinks Miss Fairfax would have made a better friend because it would not have been hard to make a love match for her.
(c) Because she thinks flirting with Mr. Churchill hurt Miss Fairfax's feelings.
(d) Because she wants to remain on Mr. Churchill's good side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes ill, causing Emma plenty of time to think of her regrets?
2. What is Harriet's response?
3. What time limit does Emma place on Harriet's visit to Abbey Mill?
4. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
5. What activity does Mr. Churchill confess to Emma that he loves?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)