|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
(a) Mr. Churchill has allowed his aunt and uncle to adopt him.
(b) Mr. Churchill has decided to get married, but has not invited the Westons.
(c) Mr. Churchill will not be visiting.
(d) Mr. Churchill does not want to have anything to do with Mr. Weston.
2. What do the Bateses and Miss Fairfax seem to know a lot about?
(a) Mr. Elton's personal business.
(b) Mr. Churchill's comings and goings.
(c) Mr. Knightley's business associations.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse's narocies.
3. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
4. Who is unable to attend due to a sore throat?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Miss Bates.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
5. Why does Emma insist on escorting Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
(a) Emma does not want Harriet to run into the Martins alone.
(b) Emma does not believe that Harriet should wander around town alone.
(c) Emma does not like Harriet's taste in fabric.
(d) Emma wants to use the opportunity to figure out who Harriet is infatuated with now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
2. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
3. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
4. Why would Emma think Mr. Churchill's engagement might upset Harriet?
5. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)