|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Colonel Campbell who provided for Miss Fairfax's education?
(a) The family lawyer.
(b) Her father.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A family friend.
2. Who claims Mr. Knightley protests Emma's question too much?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mrs. Bates.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
3. What news does Emma learn from Miss Fairfax the following day?
(a) That she has taken a position as a piano teacher.
(b) That she has been accepted to art school.
(c) That she intends to marry.
(d) That she has taken a position as governess.
4. What does Mr. George Knightley confess to Emma?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he is in love with Harriet.
(c) That he is in love with Mrs. Elton.
(d) That he is in love with Miss Fairfax.
5. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(b) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
(c) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
(d) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
2. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
3. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
4. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
5. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)