|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is this ball to be held?
(a) At Donwell Abbey.
(b) At Randalls.
(c) At Crown's.
(d) At Hartfield.
2. Why is Emma happy about this incident in which Mr. Churchill has been forced to save Harriet?
(a) Emma believes it will aid in her matchmaking attempt between Harriet and Mr. Churchill.
(b) Emma believes it will help Harriet see that not all men are cruel.
(c) Emma believes it proves Mr. Churchill cares for Harriet.
(d) Emma believes it proves Harriet is worthy of the attentions of a gentleman like Mr. Churchill.
3. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He becomes angry and leaves.
(b) He is supportive of her opinion.
(c) He is proud of her.
(d) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
4. What does Mr. Churchill try to make Miss Fairfax confess?
(a) Her deepest, darkest secrets.
(b) The name of the man she is love with.
(c) The donor of the pianoforte.
(d) Her past love affairs.
5. Who does not think highly of Mr. Churchill because of his recent inaction?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
2. To what town does Mr. Churchill move with his aunt and uncle?
3. Who does Mr. Churchill dance the first two dances of the Crown's ball with?
4. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
5. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)