|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma believe she faces a future without friends?
(a) Because she has decided she no longer wants to have friends around.
(b) Because Mrs. Elton is spreading bad gossip about her, scaring everyone away.
(c) Because everyone is getting married and having babies, keeping them too busy to visit.
(d) Because she has offended too many people with her conceit.
2. What time limit does Emma place on Harriet's visit to Abbey Mill?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) One half hour.
3. Why does Emma send Harriet away?
(a) Because she is tired of spending time with her.
(b) To keep her from ruining Emma's wedding plans.
(c) Because she wants to protect her from all the wedding plans taking place around her, to keep her from becoming depressed.
(d) To protect her from learning of Emma's engagement to Mr. George Knightley.
4. Who do Emma and Harriet run into while Emma escorts Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
(a) Mr. Churchill and Miss Fairfax.
(b) Mr. George Knightley and Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Weston and Mr. Churchill.
5. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Miss Bates.
(d) Mr. Churchill's
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miss Fairfax intend to move to?
2. How is the humiliation of Harriet smoothed over?
3. Why does Emma believe Mr. Churchill is anxious when he visits her?
4. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
5. Why does Emma tell herself she is anxious to see Mr. Churchill?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)