|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma believe Mr. Churchill is anxious when he visits her?
(a) Emma believes he is concerned for his aunt.
(b) Emma believes he is no longer in love with her.
(c) Emma believes he is trying not to love her.
(d) Emma believes he ia upset with something Mrs. Weston said.
2. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
(a) A cigarette butt and a riddle.
(b) A glass he used and a pencil.
(c) A pencil and a piece of plaster.
(d) A piece of plaster from an injured finger and a riddle.
3. What concerns Mr. Woodhouse about this letter?
(a) That the author will not return.
(b) That the author is angry with him.
(c) That the author is avoiding him.
(d) That the author is lying about the destination.
4. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
(a) To attempt to befriend Mrs. Elton.
(b) To avoid appearing rude.
(c) To please her father.
(d) To celebrate Mr. Churchill's return.
5. Who does Emma take Harriet to visit in hopes of distracting her from her depression?
(a) The Knightleys.
(b) The Goddards.
(c) The Bates.
(d) The Westons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma try to keep word of the incident from her father?
2. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
3. How does Emma meet Harriet?
4. Where does Miss Fairfax intend to move to?
5. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)