|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Knightley.
2. What does Mr. Churchill try to make Miss Fairfax confess?
(a) Her past love affairs.
(b) The donor of the pianoforte.
(c) Her deepest, darkest secrets.
(d) The name of the man she is love with.
3. Who befriends Miss Fairfax in the beginning of Volume 2, Chapter 15?
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Elton.
4. Why do Emma and Mr. Knightley discuss this invitation?
(a) They are trying to decide if they should attend.
(b) They are discussing the unpleasantness of another day in Mrs. Elton's company.
(c) They are both trying to discover how the other feels about the people involved.
(d) They are discussing the gift they should bring.
5. Why does Emma begin regretting her treatment of Miss Fairfax?
(a) Because she thinks flirting with Mr. Churchill hurt Miss Fairfax's feelings.
(b) Because she thinks Miss Fairfax would have made a better friend because it would not have been hard to make a love match for her.
(c) Because she learns that Miss Fairfax regretted keeping her secret.
(d) Because she wants to remain on Mr. Churchill's good side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
2. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
3. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
4. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
5. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)