|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma believe the donor of the pianoforte is?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Dixon.
(d) Mr. Weston.
2. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Miss Bates.
3. What news does Emma learn from Miss Fairfax the following day?
(a) That she intends to marry.
(b) That she has taken a position as governess.
(c) That she has taken a position as a piano teacher.
(d) That she has been accepted to art school.
4. Why does Harriet announce she never plans to marry?
(a) Harriet feels she will only love Mr. Elton.
(b) Harriet wants to be just like Emma.
(c) Harriet feels she is not worthy of a good man.
(d) Harriet is tired of attempting to seduce men.
5. What event does Emma feel should take place before she can marry?
(a) The birth of Mrs. Weston's child.
(b) Miss Fairfax's wedding.
(c) Harriet's wedding.
(d) Her father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emma send Harriet?
2. Who else knows about the letter?
3. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
4. Who does Emma deduce Harriet is in love with?
5. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)