|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
(a) Mr. John Knightley's unexpected arrival.
(b) Mr. Weston ends his business early and is able to attend despite an earlier refusal.
(c) Mr. Elton is called out of town for business.
(d) Harriet's illness.
2. What event does Emma feel should take place before she can marry?
(a) The birth of Mrs. Weston's child.
(b) Her father's death.
(c) Miss Fairfax's wedding.
(d) Harriet's wedding.
3. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is not wholesome enough.
(b) It is too salty.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) It is too wholesome.
4. Who does Emma regret attempting to play matchmaker with?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
5. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
(a) To celebrate Mr. Churchill's return.
(b) To avoid appearing rude.
(c) To attempt to befriend Mrs. Elton.
(d) To please her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma tell herself she is anxious to see Mr. Churchill?
2. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
3. How is the humiliation of Harriet smoothed over?
4. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
5. What does Mr. Churchill try to make Miss Fairfax confess?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)