|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma send Harriet away?
(a) Because she wants to protect her from all the wedding plans taking place around her, to keep her from becoming depressed.
(b) Because she is tired of spending time with her.
(c) To protect her from learning of Emma's engagement to Mr. George Knightley.
(d) To keep her from ruining Emma's wedding plans.
2. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Knightley.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mr. Elton.
3. Why does Harriet announce she never plans to marry?
(a) Harriet feels she is not worthy of a good man.
(b) Harriet wants to be just like Emma.
(c) Harriet is tired of attempting to seduce men.
(d) Harriet feels she will only love Mr. Elton.
4. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
(a) She is sad, but has too much going on to miss him much.
(b) She could care less.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is surprised by how much she misses him.
5. What concerns Mr. Woodhouse about this letter?
(a) That the author is avoiding him.
(b) That the author is lying about the destination.
(c) That the author will not return.
(d) That the author is angry with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emma send Harriet?
2. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
3. What invitation do Emma and Mr. Knightley discuss as they walk in the garden at Hartfield?
4. Who becomes ill, causing Emma plenty of time to think of her regrets?
5. Who chastises Emma, causing her to feel mortified?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)