|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
(a) Miss Bates.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Churchill's
(d) Mrs. Weston.
2. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
3. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Elton.
4. Why would Emma think Mr. Churchill's engagement might upset Harriet?
(a) Because Harriet is depressed that everyone is getting married except her.
(b) Because Harriet dislikes Miss Fairfax.
(c) Because she has been trying to match Harriet and Mr. Churchill together.
(d) Because Harriet is in love with Mr. Churchill.
5. Why is Emma happy about this incident in which Mr. Churchill has been forced to save Harriet?
(a) Emma believes it proves Harriet is worthy of the attentions of a gentleman like Mr. Churchill.
(b) Emma believes it will help Harriet see that not all men are cruel.
(c) Emma believes it will aid in her matchmaking attempt between Harriet and Mr. Churchill.
(d) Emma believes it proves Mr. Churchill cares for Harriet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
2. Why do Emma and Mr. Knightley discuss this invitation?
3. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
4. What gift has Mr. George Knightley made to the Bates that causes Emma to wonder about his intentions?
5. Where does Mrs. Weston repeatedly attempt to persuade Emma to go?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)