|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harriet's response?
(a) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
(b) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
(c) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
(d) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
2. Why do Emma and Mr. Knightley discuss this invitation?
(a) They are trying to decide if they should attend.
(b) They are discussing the gift they should bring.
(c) They are both trying to discover how the other feels about the people involved.
(d) They are discussing the unpleasantness of another day in Mrs. Elton's company.
3. How is the humiliation of Harriet smoothed over?
(a) Mr. Weston asks Mr. Elton to leave.
(b) Mr. Elton apologizes.
(c) Mr. George Knightley asks her to dance.
(d) Mr. Churchill asks her to dance.
4. Where does Mrs. Weston repeatedly attempt to persuade Emma to go?
(a) To listen to Miss Fairfax play her new pianoforte.
(b) To go horseback riding with Mr. Elton and Mr. Churchill.
(c) To have lunch with Mr. Churchill.
(d) To have lunch at the Bates home.
5. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mr. Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma deduce Harriet is in love with?
2. Who does Harriet confess that she really loves?
3. Who gives Emma a riddle?
4. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
5. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)