|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
(a) To please her father.
(b) To attempt to befriend Mrs. Elton.
(c) To avoid appearing rude.
(d) To celebrate Mr. Churchill's return.
2. Who has sent a letter to the Bates announcing intentions to visit?
(a) Mrs. Cole.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(c) Miss Fairfax.
(d) Mr. Elton.
3. Why does Emma begin regretting her treatment of Miss Fairfax?
(a) Because she wants to remain on Mr. Churchill's good side.
(b) Because she thinks flirting with Mr. Churchill hurt Miss Fairfax's feelings.
(c) Because she learns that Miss Fairfax regretted keeping her secret.
(d) Because she thinks Miss Fairfax would have made a better friend because it would not have been hard to make a love match for her.
4. Who does Emma regret attempting to play matchmaker with?
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
5. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
(b) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(c) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
(d) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harriet confess that she really loves?
2. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
3. About whom does Mr. Churchill agree with Emma's opinion regarding their behavior and secret affairs?
4. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
5. Why does Emma try to keep word of the incident from her father?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)