|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Emma play at the picnic at Box Hill?
2. Why would Emma think Mr. Churchill's engagement might upset Harriet?
(a) Because she has been trying to match Harriet and Mr. Churchill together.
(b) Because Harriet is depressed that everyone is getting married except her.
(c) Because Harriet is in love with Mr. Churchill.
(d) Because Harriet dislikes Miss Fairfax.
3. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
(a) The Woodhouses.
(b) The Westons.
(c) The Bates.
(d) The Knightleys.
4. What mementos did Harriet keep of her brief courtship with Mr. Elton?
(a) A glass he used and a pencil.
(b) A piece of plaster from an injured finger and a riddle.
(c) A pencil and a piece of plaster.
(d) A cigarette butt and a riddle.
5. Who does Emma take Harriet to visit in hopes of distracting her from her depression?
(a) The Knightleys.
(b) The Goddards.
(c) The Westons.
(d) The Bates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Bateses and Miss Fairfax seem to know a lot about?
2. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
3. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
4. About whom does Mr. Churchill agree with Emma's opinion regarding their behavior and secret affairs?
5. Why does Emma begin regretting her treatment of Miss Fairfax?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)