|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Emma feel should take place before she can marry?
(a) Harriet's wedding.
(b) The birth of Mrs. Weston's child.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) Miss Fairfax's wedding.
2. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
(a) He is uncomfortable of the attention of the small village.
(b) He is unhappy with Emma's attentions.
(c) He has business to attend to.
(d) His aunt is sick.
3. Who is Colonel Campbell who provided for Miss Fairfax's education?
(a) A cousin.
(b) Her father.
(c) A family friend.
(d) The family lawyer.
4. Why does Emma believe Mr. Churchill is anxious when he visits her?
(a) Emma believes he is trying not to love her.
(b) Emma believes he ia upset with something Mrs. Weston said.
(c) Emma believes he is no longer in love with her.
(d) Emma believes he is concerned for his aunt.
5. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He is proud of her.
(b) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
(c) He becomes angry and leaves.
(d) He is supportive of her opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
2. What do the Bateses and Miss Fairfax seem to know a lot about?
3. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
4. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
5. From what does Mr. Churchill save Harriet in Volume 3, Chapter 3?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)