|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Knightley.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Elton.
2. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
(b) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(c) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
(d) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
3. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. Weston.
4. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
(b) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
(c) Miss Goddard introduces them.
(d) Miss Bates introduces them.
5. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
2. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
3. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
4. Who else knows about the letter?
5. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)