|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused the delay of a character's visit to Highbury?
(a) The illness of his mother.
(b) The illness of his father.
(c) The illness of his uncle.
(d) The illness of his aunt.
2. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
3. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(d) Miss Bates.
4. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
(a) Miss Bates.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Churchill's
5. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Emma a riddle?
2. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
3. What concerns Mr. Woodhouse about this letter?
4. How does Emma meet Harriet?
5. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)