|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns Mr. Woodhouse about this letter?
(a) That the author is lying about the destination.
(b) That the author is angry with him.
(c) That the author will not return.
(d) That the author is avoiding him.
2. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will attend a ball with him.
(b) If she will have dinner with him.
(c) If she will go riding with him.
(d) If she will marry him.
3. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Martin.
4. What is Harriet's response?
(a) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
(b) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
(c) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
(d) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
5. Who claims they will never get married?
(a) Mr. George Knighley.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
2. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
3. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
4. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
5. How does Emma meet Harriet?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)