|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
(a) Mr. Churchill has decided to get married, but has not invited the Westons.
(b) Mr. Churchill does not want to have anything to do with Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Churchill will not be visiting.
(d) Mr. Churchill has allowed his aunt and uncle to adopt him.
2. What is Harriet's response?
(a) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
(b) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
(c) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
(d) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
3. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
(a) To find her a better place to live.
(b) To help her learn to dress better.
(c) To help her finish her education.
(d) To find someone who will make her happy.
4. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Knightley.
(d) Mr. Elton.
5. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He is proud of her.
(b) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
(c) He becomes angry and leaves.
(d) He is supportive of her opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims they will never get married?
2. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
3. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
4. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
5. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)