|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Knightley.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Elton.
2. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Churchill's
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Miss Bates.
3. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) A new pianoforte.
(b) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
(c) The art project Emma created.
(d) A letter from Mr. Elton.
4. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
(a) Mr. Churchill has allowed his aunt and uncle to adopt him.
(b) Mr. Churchill has decided to get married, but has not invited the Westons.
(c) Mr. Churchill does not want to have anything to do with Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Churchill will not be visiting.
5. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(b) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(c) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(d) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
2. Who else knows about the letter?
3. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
4. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
5. Who claims they will never get married?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)