|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is not wholesome enough.
(b) It is too wholesome.
(c) It is too salty.
(d) It is too cold.
2. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He becomes angry and leaves.
(b) He is proud of her.
(c) He is supportive of her opinion.
(d) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
3. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
4. Who does not think highly of Mr. Churchill because of his recent inaction?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. Weston.
5. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Knightley.
(d) Mr. Elton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
2. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
3. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
4. Who claims they will never get married?
5. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)