|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
(a) To help her finish her education.
(b) To help her learn to dress better.
(c) To find her a better place to live.
(d) To find someone who will make her happy.
2. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Martin.
3. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(b) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(c) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(d) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
4. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
5. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
(a) Mrs. Goddard.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not think highly of Mr. Churchill because of his recent inaction?
2. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
3. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
4. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
5. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)