|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns Mr. Woodhouse about this letter?
(a) That the author is avoiding him.
(b) That the author will not return.
(c) That the author is lying about the destination.
(d) That the author is angry with him.
2. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Miss Bates introduces them.
(b) Miss Goddard introduces them.
(c) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
(d) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
3. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Pretends she forgot her purse.
(b) Breaks her shoelace.
(c) Breaks her dress strap.
(d) Pretends she lost a glove.
4. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
(a) Miss Bates is a governess.
(b) Miss Bates is an unmarried woman who cares for her elderly mother.
(c) Miss Bates is the headmistress at a boarding school.
(d) Miss Bates is the daughter of the local vicar.
5. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
2. Who does not think highly of Mr. Churchill because of his recent inaction?
3. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
4. Who claims they will never get married?
5. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)