|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He becomes angry and leaves.
(b) He is proud of her.
(c) He is supportive of her opinion.
(d) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
2. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she will attend a ball with him.
(c) If she will have dinner with him.
(d) If she will go riding with him.
3. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
(b) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(c) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
(d) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
4. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
5. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. Churchill's
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Miss Bates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
2. How does Emma meet Harriet?
3. Who claims they will never get married?
4. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
5. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)