|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will have dinner with him.
(b) If she will attend a ball with him.
(c) If she will marry him.
(d) If she will go riding with him.
2. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
3. Who else knows about the letter?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mrs. Goddard.
4. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is not wholesome enough.
(c) It is too salty.
(d) It is too wholesome.
5. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
(b) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
(c) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(d) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims they will never get married?
2. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
3. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
4. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
5. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)