|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is not wholesome enough.
(b) It is too wholesome.
(c) It is too salty.
(d) It is too cold.
2. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(b) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(c) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(d) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
3. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
4. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
5. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
(a) A letter from Mr. Elton.
(b) A package from Elizabeth and her brother.
(c) A new pianoforte.
(d) The art project Emma created.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
2. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
3. What has caused the delay of a character's visit to Highbury?
4. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
5. How does Emma meet Harriet?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)