|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
2. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Miss Bates.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Churchill's
3. What does Emma do to attempt to give Harriet and Mr. Elton time alone together?
(a) Breaks her shoelace.
(b) Pretends she forgot her purse.
(c) Breaks her dress strap.
(d) Pretends she lost a glove.
4. What is Harriet's response?
(a) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
(b) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
(c) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
(d) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
5. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
2. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
3. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
4. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
5. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)