|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is too salty.
(c) It is too wholesome.
(d) It is not wholesome enough.
2. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
(b) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
(c) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(d) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
3. Who gives Emma a riddle?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mrs. John Knightley.
4. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
5. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
(a) Mr. Churchill's
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Miss Bates.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
2. What is Harriet's response?
3. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
4. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
5. Who does not think highly of Mr. Churchill because of his recent inaction?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)