|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused the delay of a character's visit to Highbury?
(a) The illness of his mother.
(b) The illness of his uncle.
(c) The illness of his aunt.
(d) The illness of his father.
2. Who gives Emma a riddle?
(a) Mrs. John Knightley.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
3. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(b) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(c) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(d) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
4. Who is unable to attend due to a sore throat?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Miss Bates.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
5. What is Harriet's response?
(a) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
(b) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
(c) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
(d) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
2. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
3. How does Emma meet Harriet?
4. Who does Emma believe the riddle was meant for?
5. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)