|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
(a) Mr. Churchill does not want to have anything to do with Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Churchill will not be visiting.
(c) Mr. Churchill has allowed his aunt and uncle to adopt him.
(d) Mr. Churchill has decided to get married, but has not invited the Westons.
2. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
(b) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(c) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(d) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
3. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she will go riding with him.
(c) If she will have dinner with him.
(d) If she will attend a ball with him.
4. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
(b) Miss Goddard introduces them.
(c) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
(d) Miss Bates introduces them.
5. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
2. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
3. Who claims they will never get married?
4. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
5. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)