|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
2. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
3. What has caused the delay of a character's visit to Highbury?
(a) The illness of his father.
(b) The illness of his aunt.
(c) The illness of his uncle.
(d) The illness of his mother.
4. Who does not think highly of Mr. Churchill because of his recent inaction?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
5. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
(a) Mr. Churchill will not be visiting.
(b) Mr. Churchill does not want to have anything to do with Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Churchill has decided to get married, but has not invited the Westons.
(d) Mr. Churchill has allowed his aunt and uncle to adopt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Emma a riddle?
2. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
3. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
4. Who interferes with Emma's participation in the conversation upon her arrival at Randall's?
5. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)