|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
(a) Mr. Churchill has allowed his aunt and uncle to adopt him.
(b) Mr. Churchill will not be visiting.
(c) Mr. Churchill has decided to get married, but has not invited the Westons.
(d) Mr. Churchill does not want to have anything to do with Mr. Weston.
2. Why does Emma not approve of Harriet's choice of men?
(a) Emma thinks the man is too poor to support a wife.
(b) Emma thinks the man is not gentleman enough for Harriet.
(c) Emma thinks the man is unattractive.
(d) Emma thinks the man is too proper for Harriet.
3. What man is Harriet attracted to when Emma first befriends her?
(a) Mr. Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mr. Weston.
4. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Miss Goddard introduces them.
(b) Miss Bates introduces them.
(c) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
(d) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
5. What concerns Mr. Woodhouse about this letter?
(a) That the author will not return.
(b) That the author is avoiding him.
(c) That the author is lying about the destination.
(d) That the author is angry with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Emma a riddle?
2. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
3. What is Harriet's response?
4. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
5. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)