|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news causes Mrs. Weston to worry about her husband's emotions?
(a) Mr. Churchill has decided to get married, but has not invited the Westons.
(b) Mr. Churchill does not want to have anything to do with Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Churchill will not be visiting.
(d) Mr. Churchill has allowed his aunt and uncle to adopt him.
2. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Mr. Knightley.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Elton.
3. What is Harriet's response?
(a) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
(b) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
(c) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
(d) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
4. Who is unable to attend due to a sore throat?
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Miss Bates.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
5. Who does not think highly of Mr. Churchill because of his recent inaction?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
2. What has caused the delay of a character's visit to Highbury?
3. What concerns Mr. Woodhouse about this letter?
4. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
5. How does Emma meet Harriet?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)