|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
2. What complaint does Mr. Woodhouse have regarding the food served at a dinner party at Hartfield?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is too salty.
(c) It is too wholesome.
(d) It is not wholesome enough.
3. How does Mr. Knightley react when he learns that Emma counseled Harriet negatively about the letter?
(a) He is proud of her.
(b) He is supportive of her opinion.
(c) He becomes angry and leaves.
(d) He is surprised Emma would act in such a way.
4. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
(a) Miss Bates is the headmistress at a boarding school.
(b) Miss Bates is an unmarried woman who cares for her elderly mother.
(c) Miss Bates is the daughter of the local vicar.
(d) Miss Bates is a governess.
5. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
2. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
3. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
4. How does Emma meet Harriet?
5. What does Harriet find in her room at the boarding school that surprises her?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)