Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 13 | Volume 3 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has sent a letter to the Bates announcing intentions to visit?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Miss Fairfax.
(d) Mrs. Cole.
2. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
(a) That he has hurt his father's feelings by leaving.
(b) That he will miss Emma greatly.
(c) That he has created a poor reputation with Mr. George Knightley.
(d) That he will be unable to return.
3. How does Emma meet Harriet?
(a) Mrs. Weston introduces them.
(b) Miss Bates introduces them.
(c) Mr. Knightley introduces them.
(d) Miss Goddard introduces them.
4. What does Emma vow to do for Harriet?
(a) To find someone who will make her happy.
(b) To find her a better place to live.
(c) To help her learn to dress better.
(d) To help her finish her education.
5. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Miss Bates.
(d) Mr. Churchill's
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emma's first impression of the mysterious Mr. Churchill?
2. How is the humiliation of Harriet smoothed over?
3. Who sends a letter to Mr. Woodhouse announcing his intentions of going to Bath for an indeterminate amount of time?
4. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
5. Who does Emma regret attempting to play matchmaker with?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)