Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1 Chapter 17 | Volume 1 Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else knows about the letter?
(a) Mrs. Goddard.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
2. What is Emma's definition of an old maid?
(a) A poor woman who could not find a husband.
(b) A rich woman whose fiance leaves her at the alter.
(c) A rich woman who chooses not to marry.
(d) A poor woman who chooses not to marry.
3. Who is Miss Bates, a frequent visitor to the Hartfield?
(a) Miss Bates is the headmistress at a boarding school.
(b) Miss Bates is an unmarried woman who cares for her elderly mother.
(c) Miss Bates is a governess.
(d) Miss Bates is the daughter of the local vicar.
4. What concerns Mr. Woodhouse about this letter?
(a) That the author will not return.
(b) That the author is avoiding him.
(c) That the author is angry with him.
(d) That the author is lying about the destination.
5. Who does Emma decide to match Harriet with instead?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Mr. Knightley.
(d) Mr. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma believe the theme of the riddle is?
2. Who does Mr. John Knightley suggest is in love with Emma?
3. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
4. Who defends Mr. Churchill's actions in regards to his recent inaction?
5. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)