|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 15 | Volume 2 Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
(a) Miss Bates.
(b) Mr. Churchill's
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
2. Who befriends Miss Fairfax in the beginning of Volume 2, Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Elton.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
3. How does Miss Fairfax respond to questions Emma asks about Mr. Churchill?
(a) With anger.
(b) With vague responses.
(c) With contempt.
(d) With the assumption that Emma is in love with the mysterious stranger.
4. Who is Colonel Campbell who provided for Miss Fairfax's education?
(a) Her father.
(b) A family friend.
(c) The family lawyer.
(d) A cousin.
5. What is Harriet's response?
(a) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
(b) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
(c) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
(d) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
2. Who is unable to attend due to a sore throat?
3. Who has sent a letter to the Bates announcing intentions to visit?
4. Who does Emma believe the donor of the pianoforte is?
5. What does Mr. Churchill try to make Miss Fairfax confess?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)