|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 15 | Volume 2 Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma question Mr. Knightley about as they discuss Miss Fairfax's new friendship?
(a) Whether Mr. Knightley is in love with Miss Fairfax.
(b) If Mr. Knightley knows who Miss Fairfax is in love with.
(c) If Mr. Knightley knows who the donor of the pianoforte is.
(d) Whether Mr. Knightley is in love with Miss Bates.
2. Who is Emma planning to spend the evening with at Randall's?
(a) The Knightleys.
(b) The Westons.
(c) The Bates.
(d) The Eltons.
3. Where does Mrs. Weston repeatedly attempt to persuade Emma to go?
(a) To listen to Miss Fairfax play her new pianoforte.
(b) To have lunch with Mr. Churchill.
(c) To have lunch at the Bates home.
(d) To go horseback riding with Mr. Elton and Mr. Churchill.
4. What is Harriet's response?
(a) No, because she does not like Mr. Martin.
(b) Yes, but only if Mrs. Goddard approves.
(c) No, because the proposal in a letter is inappropriate.
(d) Yes, but only if Emma approves.
5. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
(a) Mr. Weston ends his business early and is able to attend despite an earlier refusal.
(b) Harriet's illness.
(c) Mr. Elton is called out of town for business.
(d) Mr. John Knightley's unexpected arrival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has sent a letter to the Bates announcing intentions to visit?
2. Who does Emma believe the donor of the pianoforte is?
3. Who does Emma take Harriet to visit in hopes of distracting her from her depression?
4. What is Mrs. Bates' relationship to Miss Fairfax?
5. What number of guests does Emma try to keep her party to in order to appease her father?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)