|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 15 | Volume 2 Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
(a) To avoid appearing rude.
(b) To please her father.
(c) To celebrate Mr. Churchill's return.
(d) To attempt to befriend Mrs. Elton.
2. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
(a) If she will have dinner with him.
(b) If she will go riding with him.
(c) If she will marry him.
(d) If she will attend a ball with him.
3. Who else knows about the letter?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Mrs. Goddard.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
4. What gift has Mr. George Knightley made to the Bates that causes Emma to wonder about his intentions?
5. Why does Emma insist on escorting Harriet to Ford's to buy fabric?
(a) Emma does not like Harriet's taste in fabric.
(b) Emma does not believe that Harriet should wander around town alone.
(c) Emma wants to use the opportunity to figure out who Harriet is infatuated with now.
(d) Emma does not want Harriet to run into the Martins alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
2. Whose arrival in Highbury has been delayed?
3. What is Harriet's response?
4. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
5. Who befriends Miss Fairfax in the beginning of Volume 2, Chapter 15?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)