|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2 Chapter 15 | Volume 2 Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would prefer to avoid all talk about Miss Fairfax?
(b) Mrs. Cole.
(d) Miss Bates.
2. Who offers Harriet advice about the question Mr. Martin asks?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Mrs. Goddard.
3. What does Emma question Mr. Knightley about as they discuss Miss Fairfax's new friendship?
(a) If Mr. Knightley knows who Miss Fairfax is in love with.
(b) Whether Mr. Knightley is in love with Miss Fairfax.
(c) Whether Mr. Knightley is in love with Miss Bates.
(d) If Mr. Knightley knows who the donor of the pianoforte is.
4. How does Miss Fairfax respond to questions Emma asks about Mr. Churchill?
(a) With the assumption that Emma is in love with the mysterious stranger.
(b) With anger.
(c) With contempt.
(d) With vague responses.
5. What causes the number to unavoidably increase to nine?
(a) Harriet's illness.
(b) Mr. John Knightley's unexpected arrival.
(c) Mr. Weston ends his business early and is able to attend despite an earlier refusal.
(d) Mr. Elton is called out of town for business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift has Mr. George Knightley made to the Bates that causes Emma to wonder about his intentions?
2. What question is asked of Harriet in a letter she received from Mr. Martin?
3. What number of guests does Emma try to keep her party to in order to appease her father?
4. What does Mr. Churchill try to make Miss Fairfax confess?
5. Why does Emma decide to host a party at Hartfield?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)