|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
(a) An important message.
(b) An illness.
(c) A rude waiter.
(d) A snowstorm.
2. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
(b) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
(c) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
(d) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
3. Where is this ball to be held?
(a) At Donwell Abbey.
(b) At Randalls.
(c) At Crown's.
(d) At Hartfield.
4. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
(a) He is hurt by the way she treats the people around her.
(b) He was playing games with her.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He is interested in her social station.
5. How does Emma react to the news?
(a) Shocked by the secret, but pleased for Mr. Churchill.
(b) Happy that the truth has finally been revealed.
(c) Excited at the prospect of a wedding.
(d) Angry that someone would keep a secret from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
2. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
3. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
4. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
5. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)