|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
(b) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
(c) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
(d) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
2. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
(a) That Miss Fairfax has eloped with Mr. Churchill.
(b) That Mr. Churchill has been engaged to Miss Fairfax for months.
(c) That Mrs. Weston is about to deliver her baby.
(d) That Harriet has become engaged to Mr. Martin.
3. Who dies in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Mrs. Churchill, Mr. Churchill's aunt.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
4. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(a) Her father.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
5. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
(a) That he will miss Emma greatly.
(b) That he has hurt his father's feelings by leaving.
(c) That he will be unable to return.
(d) That he has created a poor reputation with Mr. George Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
2. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
3. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
4. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
5. How does Emma react to the news?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)