|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mrs. Churchill, Mr. Churchill's aunt.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
2. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(b) Because it will mean a trip to London.
(c) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
(d) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
3. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
(a) That Miss Fairfax has eloped with Mr. Churchill.
(b) That Mrs. Weston is about to deliver her baby.
(c) That Mr. Churchill has been engaged to Miss Fairfax for months.
(d) That Harriet has become engaged to Mr. Martin.
4. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
(a) That he is in love with Harriet.
(b) That he dislikes her matchmaking attempts.
(c) That he believes she is a conceited young woman.
(d) That he is in love with her.
5. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Elton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
2. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
3. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
4. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
5. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)