|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
(a) The Knightleys.
(b) The Woodhouses.
(c) The Westons.
(d) The Bates.
2. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
3. Who dies in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mrs. Churchill, Mr. Churchill's aunt.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
4. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. Weston.
5. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(b) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
(c) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
(d) Because it will mean a trip to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
2. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
3. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
4. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
5. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)