|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
(a) An illness.
(b) An important message.
(c) A snowstorm.
(d) A rude waiter.
2. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
(a) He is uncomfortable of the attention of the small village.
(b) His aunt is sick.
(c) He is unhappy with Emma's attentions.
(d) He has business to attend to.
3. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
(a) That Mrs. Weston is about to deliver her baby.
(b) That Mr. Churchill has been engaged to Miss Fairfax for months.
(c) That Miss Fairfax has eloped with Mr. Churchill.
(d) That Harriet has become engaged to Mr. Martin.
4. How does Emma react to the news?
(a) Shocked by the secret, but pleased for Mr. Churchill.
(b) Angry that someone would keep a secret from her.
(c) Happy that the truth has finally been revealed.
(d) Excited at the prospect of a wedding.
5. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
(a) He is interested in her social station.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He was playing games with her.
(d) He is hurt by the way she treats the people around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
2. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
3. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
4. Where is this ball to be held?
5. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)