|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Miss Fairfax.
2. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
(a) He is hurt by the way she treats the people around her.
(b) He was playing games with her.
(c) He is interested in her social station.
(d) He was drunk.
3. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
(b) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
(c) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
(d) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
4. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
5. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
(a) The Westons.
(b) The Knightleys.
(c) The Woodhouses.
(d) The Bates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
2. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
3. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
4. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
5. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)