|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
(a) She is surprised by how much she misses him.
(b) She could care less.
(c) She is sad, but has too much going on to miss him much.
(d) She is relieved.
2. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
(b) Because it will mean a trip to London.
(c) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(d) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
3. How does Emma react to the news?
(a) Excited at the prospect of a wedding.
(b) Angry that someone would keep a secret from her.
(c) Shocked by the secret, but pleased for Mr. Churchill.
(d) Happy that the truth has finally been revealed.
4. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. Elton.
5. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
2. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
3. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
4. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
5. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)