|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
(a) He is uncomfortable of the attention of the small village.
(b) He has business to attend to.
(c) His aunt is sick.
(d) He is unhappy with Emma's attentions.
2. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
(b) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
(c) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
(d) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
3. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
(a) Miss Bates.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Goddard.
4. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
(a) He was playing games with her.
(b) He is interested in her social station.
(c) He is hurt by the way she treats the people around her.
(d) He was drunk.
5. Where is this ball to be held?
(a) At Donwell Abbey.
(b) At Hartfield.
(c) At Crown's.
(d) At Randalls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
2. How does Emma react to the news?
3. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
4. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
5. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)