|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
(b) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
(c) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(d) Because it will mean a trip to London.
2. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
(a) An important message.
(b) A snowstorm.
(c) A rude waiter.
(d) An illness.
3. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
(a) That he will be unable to return.
(b) That he has created a poor reputation with Mr. George Knightley.
(c) That he has hurt his father's feelings by leaving.
(d) That he will miss Emma greatly.
4. Where is this ball to be held?
(a) At Randalls.
(b) At Hartfield.
(c) At Crown's.
(d) At Donwell Abbey.
5. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
2. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
3. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
4. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
5. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)