|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
(a) That Mrs. Weston is about to deliver her baby.
(b) That Harriet has become engaged to Mr. Martin.
(c) That Mr. Churchill has been engaged to Miss Fairfax for months.
(d) That Miss Fairfax has eloped with Mr. Churchill.
2. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Her father.
3. Who dies in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mrs. Churchill, Mr. Churchill's aunt.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
4. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
(b) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
(c) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
(d) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
5. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
(a) He is interested in her social station.
(b) He is hurt by the way she treats the people around her.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He was playing games with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
2. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
3. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
4. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
5. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)