|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
(a) That he believes she is a conceited young woman.
(b) That he dislikes her matchmaking attempts.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he is in love with Harriet.
2. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is surprised by how much she misses him.
(c) She could care less.
(d) She is sad, but has too much going on to miss him much.
3. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
4. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
5. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
(a) The Bates.
(b) The Woodhouses.
(c) The Knightleys.
(d) The Westons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
2. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
3. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
4. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
5. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)