|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
2. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
(a) The Woodhouses.
(b) The Westons.
(c) The Bates.
(d) The Knightleys.
3. How does Emma react to the news?
(a) Angry that someone would keep a secret from her.
(b) Happy that the truth has finally been revealed.
(c) Excited at the prospect of a wedding.
(d) Shocked by the secret, but pleased for Mr. Churchill.
4. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
(a) That he will miss Emma greatly.
(b) That he has created a poor reputation with Mr. George Knightley.
(c) That he will be unable to return.
(d) That he has hurt his father's feelings by leaving.
5. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he dislikes her matchmaking attempts.
(c) That he believes she is a conceited young woman.
(d) That he is in love with Harriet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
2. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
3. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
4. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
5. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)