|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
(b) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
(c) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
(d) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
2. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
(a) Miss Fairfax.
(b) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
3. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
4. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Woodhouse.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
5. How does Emma react to the news?
(a) Excited at the prospect of a wedding.
(b) Happy that the truth has finally been revealed.
(c) Angry that someone would keep a secret from her.
(d) Shocked by the secret, but pleased for Mr. Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
2. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
3. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
4. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
5. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)