|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
(b) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
(c) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
(d) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
2. Who dies in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mrs. Churchill, Mr. Churchill's aunt.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
3. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
(a) He is uncomfortable of the attention of the small village.
(b) He is unhappy with Emma's attentions.
(c) He has business to attend to.
(d) His aunt is sick.
4. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
(a) She is surprised by how much she misses him.
(b) She is sad, but has too much going on to miss him much.
(c) She could care less.
(d) She is relieved.
5. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
(a) Mrs. Weston.
(b) Miss Fairfax.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emma react to the news?
2. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
3. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
4. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
5. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)