|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
2. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
(b) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
(c) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
(d) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
3. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
(a) She is surprised by how much she misses him.
(b) She is sad, but has too much going on to miss him much.
(c) She could care less.
(d) She is relieved.
4. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. Weston.
5. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
(a) That Harriet has become engaged to Mr. Martin.
(b) That Miss Fairfax has eloped with Mr. Churchill.
(c) That Mrs. Weston is about to deliver her baby.
(d) That Mr. Churchill has been engaged to Miss Fairfax for months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
2. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
3. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
4. How does Emma react to the news?
5. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)