|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emma react to the news?
(a) Shocked by the secret, but pleased for Mr. Churchill.
(b) Angry that someone would keep a secret from her.
(c) Excited at the prospect of a wedding.
(d) Happy that the truth has finally been revealed.
2. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
(a) Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
3. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Elton.
4. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(b) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
(c) Because it will mean a trip to London.
(d) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
5. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
(a) That Miss Fairfax has eloped with Mr. Churchill.
(b) That Mrs. Weston is about to deliver her baby.
(c) That Harriet has become engaged to Mr. Martin.
(d) That Mr. Churchill has been engaged to Miss Fairfax for months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this ball to be held?
2. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
3. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
4. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
5. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)