|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
(a) The Knightleys.
(b) The Woodhouses.
(c) The Westons.
(d) The Bates.
2. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
(a) Mr. Churchill.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Miss Fairfax.
3. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(a) Her father.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. Weston.
4. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
(b) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
(c) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(d) Because it will mean a trip to London.
5. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
(a) That he has created a poor reputation with Mr. George Knightley.
(b) That he will miss Emma greatly.
(c) That he will be unable to return.
(d) That he has hurt his father's feelings by leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
2. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
3. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
4. How does Emma react to the news?
5. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)