|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
(a) That Miss Fairfax has eloped with Mr. Churchill.
(b) That Mrs. Weston is about to deliver her baby.
(c) That Harriet has become engaged to Mr. Martin.
(d) That Mr. Churchill has been engaged to Miss Fairfax for months.
2. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
(b) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
(c) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
(d) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
3. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
(a) He was playing games with her.
(b) He is interested in her social station.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He is hurt by the way she treats the people around her.
4. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
5. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
(a) Miss Bates.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Goddard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
2. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
3. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
4. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
5. Where is this ball to be held?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)