|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
(a) That Mrs. Weston is about to deliver her baby.
(b) That Harriet has become engaged to Mr. Martin.
(c) That Miss Fairfax has eloped with Mr. Churchill.
(d) That Mr. Churchill has been engaged to Miss Fairfax for months.
2. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
(b) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
(c) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
(d) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
3. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
(a) Mr. Woodhouse.
(b) Mr. Weston.
(c) Mr. Elton.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
4. How does Emma react to the news?
(a) Angry that someone would keep a secret from her.
(b) Excited at the prospect of a wedding.
(c) Happy that the truth has finally been revealed.
(d) Shocked by the secret, but pleased for Mr. Churchill.
5. Where is this ball to be held?
(a) At Donwell Abbey.
(b) At Randalls.
(c) At Crown's.
(d) At Hartfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
2. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
3. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
4. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
5. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)