|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
(a) Mrs. Goddard.
(b) Mrs. Weston.
(c) Miss Bates.
2. Where is this ball to be held?
(a) At Hartfield.
(b) At Randalls.
(c) At Donwell Abbey.
(d) At Crown's.
3. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. George Knightley.
4. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
(a) He was playing games with her.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He is interested in her social station.
(d) He is hurt by the way she treats the people around her.
5. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
(a) He is unhappy with Emma's attentions.
(b) His aunt is sick.
(c) He is uncomfortable of the attention of the small village.
(d) He has business to attend to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
2. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
3. How does Emma react to the news?
4. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
5. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)