|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
(a) Mrs. Goddard.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Miss Bates.
2. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(b) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
(c) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
(d) Because it will mean a trip to London.
3. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
(a) That Miss Fairfax has eloped with Mr. Churchill.
(b) That Mr. Churchill has been engaged to Miss Fairfax for months.
(c) That Harriet has become engaged to Mr. Martin.
(d) That Mrs. Weston is about to deliver her baby.
4. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
(a) That he has created a poor reputation with Mr. George Knightley.
(b) That he will be unable to return.
(c) That he will miss Emma greatly.
(d) That he has hurt his father's feelings by leaving.
5. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
(b) Miss Fairfax.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mrs. Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
2. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
3. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
4. How does Emma react to the news?
5. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)