|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Her father.
2. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
(a) She is sad, but has too much going on to miss him much.
(b) She is surprised by how much she misses him.
(c) She could care less.
(d) She is relieved.
3. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
(a) That he dislikes her matchmaking attempts.
(b) That he is in love with Harriet.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he believes she is a conceited young woman.
4. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
(b) Miss Bates.
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) Mrs. Goddard.
5. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(b) Because it will mean a trip to London.
(c) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
(d) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this ball to be held?
2. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
3. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
4. How does Emma react to the news?
5. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)