|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(b) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
(c) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
(d) Because it will mean a trip to London.
2. What fear does Mr. Churchill confide in Emma before he leaves?
(a) That he has created a poor reputation with Mr. George Knightley.
(b) That he will be unable to return.
(c) That he has hurt his father's feelings by leaving.
(d) That he will miss Emma greatly.
3. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
4. How does Emma react to the news?
(a) Excited at the prospect of a wedding.
(b) Shocked by the secret, but pleased for Mr. Churchill.
(c) Angry that someone would keep a secret from her.
(d) Happy that the truth has finally been revealed.
5. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
(a) The Westons.
(b) The Woodhouses.
(c) The Knightleys.
(d) The Bates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Emma concerned about telling this confession to?
2. Who does Emma reach out to, and is rebuffed, when she learns of this person's illness?
3. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
4. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
5. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)