|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
(a) That he is in love with Harriet.
(b) That he dislikes her matchmaking attempts.
(c) That he believes she is a conceited young woman.
(d) That he is in love with her.
2. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
(a) She thought Emma was in love with Mr. Churchill.
(b) She though Emma disliked Miss Fairfax and would not want to see her married to Mr. Churchill.
(c) She thought Emma would be frightened to attend her baby's birth.
(d) She though Emma disliked Mr. Martin and believed him to be below Harriet.
3. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
(a) A snowstorm.
(b) An illness.
(c) A rude waiter.
(d) An important message.
4. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Mr. George Knightley.
(c) Mr. Weston.
(d) Mr. Churchill.
5. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(b) Because it will mean a trip to London.
(c) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
(d) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emma decide to avoid in the near future?
2. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
3. Who does Emma find herself alone with in the carriage ride home?
4. Who dies in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
5. What is the urgent message Mrs. Weston has for Emma?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)