One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 3 Chapter 9 | Volume 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to throw a ball to honor Mr. Churchill?
(a) The Westons.
(b) The Bates.
(c) The Knightleys.
(d) The Woodhouses.
2. Who asks Emma for the privilege of the first two dances at this ball?
(a) Mr. George Knightley.
(b) Mr. Elton.
(c) Mr. Churchill.
(d) Mr. Weston.
3. What ends the evening at Randalls prematurely?
(a) A snowstorm.
(b) An important message.
(c) A rude waiter.
(d) An illness.
4. Why is Emma excited about this death in Volume 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Because it will clear the way for Mr. Churchill to be married, hopefullly to Harriet.
(b) Because the old woman was mean and her death will free everyone around her.
(c) Because it will mean a trip to London.
(d) Because it will mean a funeral and a reason for old friends to see each other.
5. What does this riding companion confess to Emma on the ride home?
(a) That he believes she is a conceited young woman.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he is in love with Harriet.
(d) That he dislikes her matchmaking attempts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this ball to be held?
2. How does Emma feel about Mr. Churchill's departure?
3. Why does Emma believe her carriage companion made this confession?
4. Why did Mrs. Weston believe this news would upset Emma?
5. Why does Mr. Churchill abruptly decide to leave?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)