1. Who has recently left the Woodhouse home in order to marry?
(a) Mr. Knightley, Emma's brother-in-law.
(b) Miss Taylor, Emma's governess.
(c) Mr. Woodhouse, Emma's father.
(d) Harriet, Emma's friend.
2. Why does Mr. Woodhouse request that Emma not dabble in matchmaking any longer?
(a) Emma was the one to match Miss Taylor with her husband, Mr. Weston.
(b) Emma's matches always end badly.
(c) Emma has hurt too many people with her matching.
(d) Emma is bad at choosing mates for her friends.
3. Who is the intended target of Emma's next attempt at matchmaking?
(a) Mr. Elton.
(b) Miss Taylor.
(c) Mr. George Knightley.
(d) Mr. Woodhouse.
4. How is Mr. George Knightley related to the Woodhouse family?
(a) He is a cousin.
(b) He is the son of Mr. Woodhouse's sister.
(c) He is the brother of Emma's sister.
(d) He is the son of Emma's sister.
5. Why was Miss Churchill, first wife of Mr. Weston, disowned by her family?
(a) She got a divorce.
(b) She married a man they did not approve of.
(c) She got pregnant before she was married.
(d) She married a man below her social station.
This section contains 5,571 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)