Volume 1 Chapter 1 | Volume 1 Chapter 2
• Emma was raised by her widowed father along with her sister who is now married, as well as a companion who also has recently married.
• Emma is known as a successful matchmaker. Emma's father has asked her to stop making these matches because her enthusiasm is directly responsible for the marriage of their companion and friend, Miss Taylor.
• Emma wants to make one more match for a new neighbor, Mr. Elton.
• Mr. Weston, who has married Emma's companion Miss Taylor, has a son, Frank Churchill, from his unhappy first marriage, and who was raised by his maternal grandparents and adopted by an aunt and uncle.
• Mr. Frank Churchill is expected in the small village to visit his father and his new wife.
Volume 1 Chapter 3 | Volume 1 Chapter 4
• Emma misses Miss Taylor and feels she is doomed to spend her evenings in idle chatter with her...
This section contains 3,027 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)