Volume 1 Chapter 1 | Volume 1 Chapter 2
* Emma was raised by her widowed father along with her sister who is now married, as well as a companion who also has recently married.
* Emma is known as a successful matchmaker. Emma's father has asked her to stop making these matches because her enthusiasm is directly responsible for the marriage of their companion and friend, Miss Taylor.
* Emma wants to make one more match for a new neighbor, Mr. Elton.
* Mr. Weston, who has married Emma's companion Miss Taylor, has a son, Frank Churchill, from his unhappy first marriage, and who was raised by his maternal grandparents and adopted by an aunt and uncle.
* Mr. Frank Churchill is expected in the small village to visit his father and his new wife.
Volume 1 Chapter 3 | Volume 1 Chapter 4
* Emma misses Miss Taylor and feels she is doomed to spend her evenings in idle chatter with her...
This section contains 2,699 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)