|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 4 : Chapter 3, Managing the Sexual Desires.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the dominant idea in Europe when Rousseau wrote "Emile"?
(a) That knowledge is innate.
(b) That knowledge comes from the senses.
(c) That knowledge comes from God.
(d) That all knowledge is just remembering.
2. What kind of background does Rousseau say he came from?
(a) Openly sensual.
3. What additional factor allows a child to exceed his limits?
(a) The child's education.
(b) The child's culture.
(c) The child's geographical location.
(d) The child's temperament.
4. How did Rousseau lose his apprenticeship?
(a) He returned home to care for his parents.
(b) He got drunk one night.
(c) He was caught stealing.
(d) He ran away.
5. What does Rousseau warn against with regard to desire?
(a) Ignoring desire.
(b) Dividing desire.
(c) Channeling desire.
(d) Fulfilling desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most relevant in deciding how or whether to punish a child?
2. How had Rousseau raised his children?
3. What does Rousseau say changes the effects of women on young men?
4. What does the field of epistemology concern itself with?
5. What kind of mother does Rousseau address himself to?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)