|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 4 : Chapter 3, Managing the Sexual Desires.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Rousseau raised his children?
(a) He had given them up for adoption.
(b) In tight-fitting clothes.
(c) With kindness but insistence on obedience..
(d) With strict morals.
2. How was Rousseau helped in establishing a career?
(a) By support from a mentor and benefactor.
(b) By his relationships with women.
(c) By support from the deans at the Sorbonne.
(d) By support from his parents.
3. What topic does Rousseau treat at the end of Book 4, Chapter 3?
4. How does Rousseau suggest we see childhood?
(a) As a stage in the man's development.
(b) As a time in itself.
(c) As the goal for all men's development.
(d) As a perfect state in itself.
5. What subject does the author address in Book 4, Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the man to whom Rousseau was apprenticed treat Rousseau?
2. In what does Rousseau say selfishness is rooted?
3. What was the dominant idea in Europe when Rousseau wrote "Emile"?
4. What is the customary view of children, according to Rousseau?
5. What was the official perception of "Emile"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)