|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Book 3 : Chapter 1, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau say is new for adolescents?
(a) Desire and family.
(b) Passions and humility.
(c) Knowledge and fear.
(d) Perception and judgment.
2. What additional factor allows a child to exceed his limits?
(a) The child's geographical location.
(b) The child's culture.
(c) The child's temperament.
(d) The child's education.
3. Whom does Rousseau address in Chapter 1, Book 3?
4. What trait is needed in tutors who are trying to win a student's submission?
(c) Love of virtue.
5. What was Rousseau's father's trade?
(b) Watch maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proportion of children reached adulthood in Rousseau's time?
2. What advice does Rousseau give to mothers?
3. What is Rousseau's ideal for child rearing?
4. How old was Rousseau when he wrote "Emile"?
5. What does Rousseau say supplies the greatest motivational force for a student?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)