|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Book 3 : Chapter 1, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage does physical activity confer on a student?
(a) Patience to face loss.
(b) Hard-heartedness to face suffering.
(c) Strength to overcome emotions.
(d) Vigor to face the threats in life.
2. How does Rousseau suggest we see childhood?
(a) As the goal for all men's development.
(b) As a time in itself.
(c) As a stage in the man's development.
(d) As a perfect state in itself.
3. How does Rousseau define a happy life?
(a) A life with freedom from want and suffering.
(b) A life of devotion to spiritual growth.
(c) A life of good work done well among good people.
(d) A life with more pleasure than pain.
4. What kind of mother does Rousseau address himself to?
(a) Mothers who think for themselves.
(b) Mothers who have traditions.
(c) Mothers who follow the rules.
(d) Mothers who believe in God.
5. In what sense does Rousseau say that children have strength?
(a) They are strong because they can understand tough concepts.
(b) They are strong when they are compared with other children.
(c) They are strong because they have not been exposed to evil yet.
(d) They are strong because they do not have self-doubts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ultimate goal of Rousseau's educational philosophy?
2. What does Rousseau recommend for children, along with physical activity?
3. Whom does Rousseau address directly in the section on submission?
4. When should children begin book learning, in Rousseau's opinion?
5. What is Rousseau's ideal for child rearing?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)