|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Book 2 : Chapter 1, Early Childhood.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rousseau suggest we see childhood?
(a) As a stage in the man's development.
(b) As a perfect state in itself.
(c) As the goal for all men's development.
(d) As a time in itself.
2. What kind of mother does Rousseau address himself to?
(a) Mothers who believe in God.
(b) Mothers who have traditions.
(c) Mothers who follow the rules.
(d) Mothers who think for themselves.
3. What balance does Rousseau try to strike in his child rearing?
(a) Create an obedient child without making him hate you.
(b) Teach strict morals and free will.
(c) Be responsive but retain authority.
(d) Leave the child free but also structure its learning.
4. If someone published under his/her own name, what question did he/her confront?
(a) Whether their social superiors would punish or reward them.
(b) Whether their family would disown them.
(c) Whether readers would write to them personally.
(d) Whether the people in their city would acknowledge or shun them.
5. What trade did Rousseau apprentice in?
Short Answer Questions
1. When should children begin book learning, in Rousseau's opinion?
2. From what does Rousseau want to protect children?
3. How was Rousseau helped in establishing a career?
4. What kind of approach does Rousseau advocate for parents when their children are hurt?
5. What kind of clothing does Rousseau prefer for children?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)