|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Book 5 : Chapter 2, Sophy Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rousseau lose his apprenticeship?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He got drunk one night.
(c) He was caught stealing.
(d) He returned home to care for his parents.
2. What was Rousseau's father's trade?
(d) Watch maker.
3. Why did the priest feel that he had lost his entire religion?
(a) He saw it as a whole, and his ideas about sex did not fit.
(b) He refused to believe in a religion founded on falsehoods.
(c) He saw himself as too corrupt to be a believer.
(d) He was excommunicated by a strict bishop.
4. Who is at greatest risk in the courtship of Emile and Sophy?
(c) Sophy's family.
(d) Emile's family.
5. What is the consequence of too many slips in the child-rearing process?
(a) The child becomes well adjusted.
(b) The child becomes a tyrant.
(c) The child becomes too obedient.
(d) The child becomes a coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the term 'lover' mean as Rousseau applies it to Emile and Sophy?
2. What does the field of epistemology concern itself with?
3. What is most relevant in deciding how or whether to punish a child?
4. Where does Rousseau say self-love is rooted?
5. What quality is necessary for any marriage to succeed, in Rousseau's opinion?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)