|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Book 5 : Chapter 2, Sophy Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many important long-term relationships had Rousseau had by the time he wrote "Emile"?
2. What field did the priest explore after leaving the church?
3. What does Rousseau say is the particular challenge for women?
(a) How to keep the house clean while taking care of children.
(b) How to rule without seeming to rule.
(c) How to submit but also to stimulate.
(d) How to lead man to his own best interest.
4. How did the man to whom Rousseau was apprenticed treat Rousseau?
5. What is Rousseau's ideal for child rearing?
(a) Instill obedience as the solution to inner conflicts.
(b) Instill self-reliance as the solution to inner conflicts.
(c) Do away with inner conflicts.
(d) Make children aware of their inner conflicts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What practice does Rousseau say degrades women?
2. How did Rousseau lose his apprenticeship?
3. What does Rousseau say about selfishness?
4. What does the adolescent's strength allow him to do?
5. Where do the differences between men's and women's roles originate, in Rousseau's opinion?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)