|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fame.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political contest was becoming serious after Emerson's return from Europe?
(a) International trade.
(b) Westward expansion.
2. What brought Emerson to Europe?
(a) Invitations to write in Malta.
(b) Visits in Italy.
(c) Curiosity to travel in Greece.
(d) A lecture tour in England.
3. How does Richardson characterize 1844 in Emerson's life?
(a) A year of transition.
(b) A year of endings.
(c) A year of losses.
(d) A year of beginnings.
4. What did Lidian name her first daughter?
5. How does Richardson characterize Emerson's feeling about the essay "The Poet?"
(a) He thought it was one of his best.
(b) He felt more uncertain of that essay than any other.
(c) He was afraid of the censure it would draw.
(d) He was afraid to believe in his own prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richardson characterize Emerson's works after he turned forty?
2. How did Emerson change after opening Ellen's casket?
3. What was the title of Emerson's first sermon?
4. What limitation does Emerson describe in Christianity in his Divinity School Address?
5. How does Richardson characterize Emerson's perspective on approaching Europe?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)