|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Science of Liberty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richardson characterize the year 1834 in Emerson's life?
(a) The year of wonders.
(b) The year of trials.
(c) The turning point.
(d) The year of transition.
2. What topic did Emerson lecture on after returning home from Europe?
3. Who did NOT join Emerson where he was writing in 1834?
(a) Mary Moody Emerson.
(b) His brother Charles.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother William.
4. Who died in 1834?
(a) Emerson's mother.
(b) Mary Moody Emerson.
(c) Emerson's brother Charles.
(d) Emerson's brother Edward.
5. What did Emerson do for Carlyle?
(a) Halt a pirated copy of his work.
(b) Edit his work.
(c) Provide a subsidy.
(d) Publish his work in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richardson say were Emerson's feelings about marriage?
2. What was Emerson's response to the publicity that arose from Andrews Norton's article?
3. What vision did Emerson have in the Jardin de Plantes in Paris?
4. What did Emerson praise in the essay based on Alec Therien?
5. How did travel in Italy affect Emerson?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)