|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Science of Liberty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what realization of Pythagoras' was Emerson interested?
(a) That change was the only constant.
(b) That all things are made of material.
(c) That everything is spirit.
(d) That not everything was in flux.
2. Whose book impressed Emerson during his travels?
(c) Margaret Fuller.
3. Who did NOT join Emerson where he was writing in 1834?
(a) His brother Charles.
(b) Mary Moody Emerson.
(c) His brother William.
(d) His mother.
4. What did Margaret Fuller ask Emerson for in 1840?
(a) A closer relationship.
(b) A recommendation.
(d) Advice for her writing.
5. How does Richardson characterize Emerson's feelings?
(a) That he had no control over his life.
(b) That he had accomplished nothing.
(c) That he would never compensate for his losses.
(d) That he wanted more freedom than he had.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea of Hegel's did Emerson discover on returning from Europe?
2. By what work of Emerson's was Jones Very impassioned?
3. How does Richardson characterize the development of Emerson's writing in 1834?
4. With whom did Emerson take walks after returning from Europe?
5. Who died in 1834?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)