|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple's mother crash into?
(a) An ice cream van
(b) A pick up
(c) A bronco
(d) A semi-truck
2. What does Temple tie to desks?
(b) Shoe laces
(d) Blind cords
3. What does a boy tell Temple she does not have?
(b) Pubic hair
4. Why does Temple's mother lose control of the car?
(a) She cannot see
(b) She tries to close her window
(c) She turns around
(d) She tries to grab the hat
5. Which bodily system does autism affect?
(a) Nervous system
(b) Vestibular system
(c) Sensory system
(d) Digestive system
6. How does Rimland stop Temple from being loud?
(a) He cries
(b) He tells her to speak quietly
(c) He shouts at her
(d) He slaps her
7. Which of the following TV series does Temple say she enjoys?
(c) Twilight Zone
(d) Z Cars
8. What is the name of Temple's doctor?
(a) Dr. Autem
(b) Dr. John
(c) Dr. Stein
(d) Dr. Goad
9. Who does Temple say she almost killed?
(a) Her school class
(b) Her father
(c) Her mother and sister
(d) Her grandparents
10. What makes Temple naughty?
11. What word does a girl tell Temple to repeat?
12. Who does Temple's mother write to in this chapter?
(a) A politician
(b) A child psychologist
(c) The summer camp president
(d) A speech therapist
13. What does Temple's mother use to record Temple's life?
(a) A diary
(b) A polaroid camera
(c) A tape recorder
(d) A video camera
14. What does Temple say her teacher's face is like?
(a) A horse
(b) A ghost
(c) A penguin
(d) A wax work
15. What does Temple say autistic children are overwhelmed by?
(a) Abnormal stimuli
(b) Normal stimuli
(d) Too many people
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong about the poem?
2. Which of the following is a symptom of autism?
3. What does Temple's teacher smell of?
4. How does Temple describe her teachers in this chapter?
5. How does Temple diagnose autism?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)