|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple make with paper?
2. What kind of learning does Temple say she needs?
(c) Hands on
(d) One on one
3. What is the name of Temple's old school?
(a) Mountain Country School
(b) Wingrave Town School
(c) Grange Hill
(d) Cottesloe Hill School
4. Which of the following does Carlock not say Temple is good at?
(d) Lock picking
5. Who does Dr. Stein write to?
(b) Temple's mother
(c) Temple's science teacher
(d) Temple's headmaster
6. Why does Temple attract attention at the restaurant?
(a) Sh has a tantram
(b) She burps
(c) She is loud
(d) She faints
7. What does the psychiatrist think autistics have suffered?
(a) Drug abuse during the mother's pregnancy
(b) A psychic injury
(c) A difficult birth
(d) A blow to the head
8. What makes Temple naughty?
9. What does Carlock think of Temple's questions and interests?
10. What does Temple say autistic children are overwhelmed by?
(a) Normal stimuli
(b) Abnormal stimuli
(d) Too many people
11. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited to the reunion?
(a) She has no friends from the school
(b) She was a bizarre child
(c) She was hated as a child
(d) She is a loner
12. What kind of sweets does the psychiatrist have?
(a) M and M's
(b) Snicker bars
(d) Mars bars
13. Who is Temple shy to meet when she arrives at camp?
(a) The children
(b) The animals
(c) The parents
(d) The new staff
14. What is it called when a autistic child starts a movement and cannot stop it?
(a) Kranking up
15. Why does Rimland say he is interested in Temple?
(a) She has insights about autistic children
(b) She can attract media attention
(c) She is beautiful
(d) She is a unique case
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rimland stop Temple from being loud?
2. Which bodily system does autism affect?
3. What kind of words does Temple repeat at camp?
4. What is the name of Temple's teacher?
5. What does Temple say she used to do to the other kids at school?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)