|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which bodily system does autism affect?
(a) Nervous system
(b) Digestive system
(c) Sensory system
(d) Vestibular system
2. Who writes the preface?
(a) Troy Horace
(b) William Carlock
(c) James Franklin
(d) Denise Lewis
3. How does Rimland stop Temple from being loud?
(a) He shouts at her
(b) He cries
(c) He slaps her
(d) He tells her to speak quietly
4. Who does Temple say she almost killed?
(a) Her grandparents
(b) Her school class
(c) Her father
(d) Her mother and sister
5. Who does Temple's mother write to in this chapter?
(a) A politician
(b) A speech therapist
(c) A child psychologist
(d) The summer camp president
6. What does the psychiatrist think autistics have suffered?
(a) A psychic injury
(b) A difficult birth
(c) Drug abuse during the mother's pregnancy
(d) A blow to the head
7. What does Temple say her childhood memories are?
(a) Wax works
(c) Journal entries
8. Why do some experts think that Temple was not an autistic?
(a) She had friends
(b) She is now fine
(c) She has been to university
(d) She enjoyed physical contact
9. What happens to neurons in the brain of an autistic?
(a) They get tangled
(b) They vibrate
(c) They are too sensitive
(d) They grow in the wrong direction
10. How does Temple describe her teachers in this chapter?
11. What does Temple call a suitcase?
(a) A chest
(b) A flower pot
(c) A rectangle
(d) A box
12. What word does Temple repeat?
13. What does Temple say she cannot get as a child?
(b) Tactile stimulation
14. What does Temple's mother say Temple is not?
15. What is the name of Temple's teacher?
(a) Mrs. Horace
(b) Mr. Noris
(c) Mr. Bruno
(d) Mrs. Clark
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Temple's mother driving her to see?
2. Which of the following TV series does Temple say she enjoys?
3. What does Temple say her teacher's face is like?
4. Who is Temple shy to meet when she arrives at camp?
5. Who does Rimland write about?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)