Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hat make Temple's ears feel like?
(a) They are one ear
(b) They are burning
(c) They have disappeared
(d) They are deaf
2. What do autistics overreact to?
(b) Hearing their name
(c) Bright lights
(d) Loud noises
3. Who is Temple shy to meet when she arrives at camp?
(a) The children
(b) The new staff
(c) The animals
(d) The parents
4. What does Temple's mother say school is going to be like?
5. How does Temple diagnose autism?
(a) A static disorder
(b) A developmental disorder
(c) A world of avante garde images
(d) A brain malfunction
6. What subject does Rimland specialize in?
(c) Brain surgery
7. What is the name of Temple's speech therapist?
(a) Mr. Jackson
(b) Mrs. Reynolds
(c) Mr. Carlock
(d) Mrs. Formby
8. What does Temple say autistic children are overwhelmed by?
(a) Too many people
(c) Abnormal stimuli
(d) Normal stimuli
9. What makes Temple naughty?
10. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited to the reunion?
(a) She was hated as a child
(b) She is a loner
(c) She has no friends from the school
(d) She was a bizarre child
11. Why does Temple attract attention at the restaurant?
(a) She burps
(b) Sh has a tantram
(c) She is loud
(d) She faints
12. What is the name of Temple's doctor?
(a) Dr. Goad
(b) Dr. John
(c) Dr. Stein
(d) Dr. Autem
13. Which of the following is is a typical stressor for an autistic child?
14. How does Temple describe her teachers in this chapter?
15. What does Temple's mother use to record Temple's life?
(a) A polaroid camera
(b) A diary
(c) A tape recorder
(d) A video camera
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the preface?
2. What is the name of Temple's old school?
3. Why does Temple's mother lose control of the car?
4. Where is Mountain Country School located?
5. Who does Temple say she almost killed?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)