|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple say autistic children are overwhelmed by?
(a) Normal stimuli
(b) Too many people
(d) Abnormal stimuli
2. Why does Temple's mother lose control of the car?
(a) She cannot see
(b) She turns around
(c) She tries to close her window
(d) She tries to grab the hat
3. What does the hat make Temple's ears feel like?
(a) They are one ear
(b) They are burning
(c) They are deaf
(d) They have disappeared
4. Why do some experts think that Temple was not an autistic?
(a) She had friends
(b) She enjoyed physical contact
(c) She is now fine
(d) She has been to university
5. What does Temple's mother ask her to put on?
(a) Her dress
(b) Her necklace
(c) Her ring
(d) Her hat
6. Why does Temple say bird bath begins with g?
(a) It is in a garden
(b) It rhymes with b
(c) IIt was created by God
(d) It attracts game birds
7. What is Temple Grandin invited to?
(a) A premiere
(b) A class reunion
(c) A supermarket opening
(d) A convention
8. What word does Temple repeat?
9. What does the psychiatrist think autistics have suffered?
(a) A difficult birth
(b) A psychic injury
(c) Drug abuse during the mother's pregnancy
(d) A blow to the head
10. What kind of sweets does the psychiatrist have?
(a) Mars bars
(b) Snicker bars
(c) M and M's
11. What does Temple say she likes to put through her fingers?
12. What letter does Temple say suitcase begins with?
13. What genre does Temple become fascinated by?
(b) Science fiction
14. What is the name of Temple's doctor?
(a) Dr. Stein
(b) Dr. Goad
(c) Dr. John
(d) Dr. Autem
15. Which bodily system does autism affect?
(a) Sensory system
(b) Digestive system
(c) Nervous system
(d) Vestibular system
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong about the poem?
2. Which of the following is a symptom of autism?
3. What does Temple make with paper?
4. What does Temple begin to imagine in this chapter?
5. Who is Carlock to Temple?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)