|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple say she would not allow her mother to do when she was six-months-old?
(a) Rock her
(b) Cuddle her
(c) Pick her up
(d) Look at her
2. What does Temple's mother use to record Temple's life?
(a) A tape recorder
(b) A video camera
(c) A polaroid camera
(d) A diary
3. Which of the following is is a typical stressor for an autistic child?
4. What does Temple say she cannot get as a child?
(a) Tactile stimulation
5. What letter does Temple say suitcase begins with?
6. What does Temple say autistic children are overwhelmed by?
(b) Too many people
(c) Abnormal stimuli
(d) Normal stimuli
7. Which of the following words does one of the students call Temple?
8. What does Temple write a poem about?
(a) The middle ages
(b) The rainbow
(c) The dark ages
9. What word does Temple repeat?
10. What does Temple's mother say Temple is motivated by?
(b) Seeing animals
(c) Being included
11. What do autistics overreact to?
(b) Hearing their name
(c) Loud noises
(d) Bright lights
12. What does Temple's mother crash into?
(a) A bronco
(b) A semi-truck
(c) An ice cream van
(d) A pick up
13. Who does Temple's mother write to in this chapter?
(a) A child psychologist
(b) A speech therapist
(c) The summer camp president
(d) A politician
14. Where is Mountain Country School located?
(a) San Monica
15. Who does Dr. Stein write to?
(a) Temple's mother
(b) Temple's science teacher
(d) Temple's headmaster
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlock think of Temple's questions and interests?
2. What subject does Rimland specialize in?
3. What does Carlock say Temple has used her characteristics to become?
4. Which of the following classes does Temple say she does well in?
5. Which of the following noises does Temple say she made as a four-year-old?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)