|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rimland take with him and Temple when they go for lunch?
(a) His secretary
(b) His business partner
(c) His wife
(d) His father
2. What is the name of Temple's speech therapist?
(a) Mrs. Formby
(b) Mrs. Reynolds
(c) Mr. Carlock
(d) Mr. Jackson
3. Why does Temple say she is writing her story?
(a) To fund a PHD
(b) As part of her recovery
(c) To find a husband
(d) To offer hope to parents
4. Who does Dr. Stein write to?
(a) Temple's science teacher
(b) Temple's headmaster
(d) Temple's mother
5. What does Temple try to do with the hat?
(a) Tear it up
(b) Throw it out of the window
(c) Put it on her mother's head
(d) Eat it
6. What does Temple say autistic children are overwhelmed by?
(a) Normal stimuli
(c) Too many people
(d) Abnormal stimuli
7. Which of the following TV series does Temple say she enjoys?
(b) Twilight Zone
(c) Z Cars
8. What makes Temple naughty?
9. What kind of sweets does the psychiatrist have?
(a) M and M's
(b) Mars bars
(c) Snicker bars
10. What does Temple's mother say Temple is not?
11. What does the hat make Temple's ears feel like?
(a) They are one ear
(b) They are burning
(c) They have disappeared
(d) They are deaf
12. What do autistics overreact to?
(b) Bright lights
(c) Hearing their name
(d) Loud noises
13. What word does a girl tell Temple to repeat?
14. What is the name of the camp counselor?
15. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited to the reunion?
(a) She was hated as a child
(b) She was a bizarre child
(c) She is a loner
(d) She has no friends from the school
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter does Temple say suitcase begins with?
2. What does Temple say she used to do to the other kids at school?
3. What is the name of Temple's old school?
4. How does Temple diagnose autism?
5. Why does Rimland say he is interested in Temple?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)