|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple make with paper?
2. Why does Temple say bird bath begins with g?
(a) It rhymes with b
(b) It is in a garden
(c) It attracts game birds
(d) IIt was created by God
3. What kind of sweets does the psychiatrist have?
(a) Mars bars
(b) M and M's
(d) Snicker bars
4. Which of the following is a symptom of autism?
(a) Sleeping constantly
(b) Lack of speech
(c) Laughing uncontrollably
5. Which of the following does Carlock say Temple is good at?
(a) Lock picking
6. What does Temple's mother say Temple is motivated by?
(a) Being included
(b) Seeing animals
7. Why does Temple say she is writing her story?
(a) To offer hope to parents
(b) To fund a PHD
(c) As part of her recovery
(d) To find a husband
8. How does Temple describe her teachers in this chapter?
9. What subject does Rimland specialize in?
(a) Brain surgery
10. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited to the reunion?
(a) She was a bizarre child
(b) She is a loner
(c) She was hated as a child
(d) She has no friends from the school
11. What is wrong about the poem?
(a) The length
(b) The rhythm
(c) The words
(d) The images
12. What do autistics overreact to?
(a) Loud noises
(b) Bright lights
(d) Hearing their name
13. What does Carlock think of Temple's questions and interests?
14. Who does Dr. Stein write to?
(a) Temple's science teacher
(c) Temple's mother
(d) Temple's headmaster
15. What is the name of Temple's teacher?
(a) Mrs. Horace
(b) Mr. Noris
(c) Mr. Bruno
(d) Mrs. Clark
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple try to do with the hat?
2. Which of the following noises does Temple say she made as a four-year-old?
3. Who is Temple shy to meet when she arrives at camp?
4. What does Temple say she used to do to the other kids at school?
5. What does Temple say her teacher's face is like?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)