|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Temple naughty?
2. Which of the following noises does Temple say she made as a four-year-old?
(a) La la ing
3. Why does Temple say she is writing her story?
(a) As part of her recovery
(b) To offer hope to parents
(c) To fund a PHD
(d) To find a husband
4. What was the last school Temple attended?
(a) High school
(b) Graduate school
(d) Junior High School
5. Who does Temple say she almost killed?
(a) Her mother and sister
(b) Her school class
(c) Her father
(d) Her grandparents
6. Who does Rimland take with him and Temple when they go for lunch?
(a) His business partner
(b) His secretary
(c) His wife
(d) His father
7. Who writes the foreword?
(a) Bernard Rimland
(b) Temple Grandin
(c) Bill Carlock
(d) Temple's mother
8. Which of the following is a symptom of autism?
(a) Laughing uncontrollably
(c) Sleeping constantly
(d) Lack of speech
9. What does Temple's mother say school is going to be like?
10. What letter does Temple say suitcase begins with?
11. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited to the reunion?
(a) She was hated as a child
(b) She is a loner
(c) She was a bizarre child
(d) She has no friends from the school
12. What do autistics overreact to?
(a) Hearing their name
(b) Bright lights
(c) Loud noises
13. What does Temple say her childhood memories are?
(a) Journal entries
(d) Wax works
14. What subject does Rimland specialize in?
(b) Brain surgery
15. What does Temple call the behaviors of an autistic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple say she hides?
2. What is wrong about the poem?
3. What genre does Temple become fascinated by?
4. How does Temple diagnose autism?
5. What does Carlock say Temple is not concerned with?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)