|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when a autistic child starts a movement and cannot stop it?
(d) Kranking up
2. What does Temple throw at the student who calls her a retard?
(a) A knife
(b) A book
(c) A desk
(d) A glass
3. Why does Temple's mother lose control of the car?
(a) She cannot see
(b) She turns around
(c) She tries to grab the hat
(d) She tries to close her window
4. What does Temple say she cannot get as a child?
(c) Tactile stimulation
5. Who is Temple's mother driving her to see?
(a) Her grandparents
(b) A speech therapist
(c) A doctor
(d) A shool headmaster
6. Who is Carlock to Temple?
(a) Her friend
(b) Her ex husband
(c) Her former psychiatrist
(d) Her former teacher
7. Which of the following is is a typical stressor for an autistic child?
8. Who writes the preface?
(a) Denise Lewis
(b) William Carlock
(c) Troy Horace
(d) James Franklin
9. Why does Temple say she is writing her story?
(a) To find a husband
(b) To fund a PHD
(c) To offer hope to parents
(d) As part of her recovery
10. What does Temple say her childhood memories are?
(a) Wax works
(c) Journal entries
11. What is the name of Temple's speech therapist?
(a) Mr. Carlock
(b) Mr. Jackson
(c) Mrs. Formby
(d) Mrs. Reynolds
12. What kind of words does Temple repeat at camp?
(a) Long words
(b) One syllable words
(c) Sexual words
(d) Racist words
13. Where is Mountain Country School located?
(c) San Monica
14. How does Temple diagnose autism?
(a) A brain malfunction
(b) A developmental disorder
(c) A world of avante garde images
(d) A static disorder
15. What is Temple Grandin invited to?
(a) A supermarket opening
(b) A class reunion
(c) A premiere
(d) A convention
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Temple's doctor?
2. What kind of learning does Temple say she needs?
3. Which of the following does Carlock not say Temple is good at?
4. What does Temple write a poem about?
5. Why do some experts think that Temple was not an autistic?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)