|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Carlock say Temple is good at?
(d) Lock picking
2. What does Temple's mother crash into?
(a) An ice cream van
(b) A bronco
(c) A pick up
(d) A semi-truck
3. What happens to neurons in the brain of an autistic?
(a) They are too sensitive
(b) They get tangled
(c) They vibrate
(d) They grow in the wrong direction
4. What does Temple's mother say Temple is not?
5. Who is Temple shy to meet when she arrives at camp?
(a) The children
(b) The new staff
(c) The animals
(d) The parents
6. Who writes the preface?
(a) Denise Lewis
(b) William Carlock
(c) Troy Horace
(d) James Franklin
7. How does Rimland stop Temple from being loud?
(a) He slaps her
(b) He shouts at her
(c) He tells her to speak quietly
(d) He cries
8. Which of the following is is a typical stressor for an autistic child?
9. What makes Temple naughty?
10. What does Temple's teacher smell of?
(b) Strong perfume
11. What does Temple say she hides?
(c) Students clothes
(d) Her fear
12. Why is Temple surprised that she is invited to the reunion?
(a) She is a loner
(b) She was hated as a child
(c) She was a bizarre child
(d) She has no friends from the school
13. What does the hat make Temple's ears feel like?
(a) They are one ear
(b) They are burning
(c) They are deaf
(d) They have disappeared
14. Where is Mountain Country School located?
(a) San Monica
15. Why does Temple attract attention at the restaurant?
(a) Sh has a tantram
(b) She burps
(c) She faints
(d) She is loud
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlock think of Temple's questions and interests?
2. Where does Temple go in this chapter?
3. Why do some experts think that Temple was not an autistic?
4. Which of the following is a symptom of autism?
5. What word does a girl tell Temple to repeat?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)