|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple call the behaviors of an autistic?
2. What genre does Temple become fascinated by?
(b) Science fiction
3. What does a boy tell Temple she does not have?
(a) Pubic hair
4. What does Temple call a suitcase?
(a) A chest
(b) A rectangle
(c) A box
(d) A flower pot
5. Which of the following does Carlock not say Temple is good at?
(b) Lock picking
6. What is Temple Grandin invited to?
(a) A convention
(b) A class reunion
(c) A supermarket opening
(d) A premiere
7. Why does Rimland say he is interested in Temple?
(a) She is a unique case
(b) She can attract media attention
(c) She has insights about autistic children
(d) She is beautiful
8. Why does Temple say she is writing her story?
(a) To offer hope to parents
(b) As part of her recovery
(c) To find a husband
(d) To fund a PHD
9. What is the name of Temple's teacher?
(a) Mrs. Clark
(b) Mrs. Horace
(c) Mr. Bruno
(d) Mr. Noris
10. What does Temple say autistic children are overwhelmed by?
(a) Abnormal stimuli
(c) Too many people
(d) Normal stimuli
11. What is wrong about the poem?
(a) The length
(b) The words
(c) The images
(d) The rhythm
12. What does the psychiatrist think autistics have suffered?
(a) A blow to the head
(b) Drug abuse during the mother's pregnancy
(c) A psychic injury
(d) A difficult birth
13. How does Temple describe her teachers in this chapter?
14. What kind of words does Temple repeat at camp?
(a) One syllable words
(b) Sexual words
(c) Long words
(d) Racist words
15. Who does Temple say she almost killed?
(a) Her grandparents
(b) Her school class
(c) Her mother and sister
(d) Her father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlock think of Temple's questions and interests?
2. What does Temple's mother use to record Temple's life?
3. Who does Temple's success give hope to?
4. What kind of sweets does the psychiatrist have?
5. What does Temple tie to desks?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)