|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the garden, Betty recognizes the spirits as what?
2. How does Betty travel to other worlds, galaxies, and realms?
3. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
4. As Betty finds herself at the center of much adoration, she realizes that every soul is:
5. As Betty watches the people of earth going about their daily lives, what does she see above them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
2. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
3. What is the purpose of the lessons we learn during our time on earth?
4. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
5. How does Betty describe the prayers that arrive in heaven?
6. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
7. What does Betty say about being God's children?
8. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
9. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
10. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Betty learns in the spiritual realm during her near-death experience about the following:
1. Service to others.
3. Spiritual and universal laws.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Betty able to feel so calm and at peace in the midst of her unusual experiences? Why does she feel "at home" in this alternate realm?
Essay Topic 3
How do individuals treat Betty in heaven? Compare and contrast the treatment she experiences in the spiritual world with the treatment she receives:
1. As a child in boarding school.
2. As an adult with her husband and children.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)