|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the spiritual realm does Betty meet with the council of men?
2. Why does the surgeon cry after talking to Betty about her near-death experience?
3. As Betty watches the people of earth going about their daily lives, what does she see above them?
4. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
5. In the other worlds that Betty visits, what kind of people does she see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
2. Who joins Betty in the garden?
3. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
4. What is the purpose of the lessons we learn during our time on earth?
5. What does Betty say about being God's children?
6. What does Betty say about other worlds?
7. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
8. How does Betty describe the prayers that arrive in heaven?
9. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
10. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through her descriptions, Betty tries to incorporate all of the senses to give the reader a more complete picture of her experience. For each sense -- sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell -- select a passage from the book and analyze how her written description triggers that particular sense.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what challenges Betty experiences after returning to earth. Explain how the spirit world helps Betty overcome these challenges.
Essay Topic 3
How do individuals treat Betty in heaven? Compare and contrast the treatment she experiences in the spiritual world with the treatment she receives:
1. As a child in boarding school.
2. As an adult with her husband and children.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)