|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty sees prayers coming from earth as what?
2. What does Betty force herself to participate in some time after returning to her body in order to enjoy life again?
3. Why does the surgeon cry after talking to Betty about her near-death experience?
4. With the "ripple effect," any act of cruelty or kindness does what?
5. Once we release our sincere prayers, what are we to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what Betty says about what we can take with us from this life to the spirit world.
2. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
3. What does Betty say about being God's children?
4. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
5. What is the purpose of the lessons we learn during our time on earth?
6. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
7. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
8. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
9. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
10. Why does Betty meet with a council of twelve men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the modes of communication, transportation, illumination, and knowledge acquisition in the realm Betty visits during her near-death experience.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Betty learns in the spiritual realm during her near-death experience about the following:
1. Service to others.
3. Spiritual and universal laws.
Essay Topic 3
How do individuals treat Betty in heaven? Compare and contrast the treatment she experiences in the spiritual world with the treatment she receives:
1. As a child in boarding school.
2. As an adult with her husband and children.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)