|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty experience after her spirit slips back into her body?
2. How much time elapses before Betty decides to return to the hospital and meet with the surgeon who had done her procedure?
3. What does Betty force herself to participate in some time after returning to her body in order to enjoy life again?
4. Betty sees prayers coming from earth as what?
5. With the "ripple effect," any act of cruelty or kindness does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty say about other worlds?
2. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
3. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
4. What does Betty say about being God's children?
5. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
6. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
7. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
8. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
9. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
10. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the modes of communication, transportation, illumination, and knowledge acquisition in the realm Betty visits during her near-death experience.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Betty able to feel so calm and at peace in the midst of her unusual experiences? Why does she feel "at home" in this alternate realm?
Essay Topic 3
Select four major themes carried throughout the book. Describe and briefly analyze each theme. Then, for each theme, explain whether it was carried through effectively. Support your reasons with examples.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)