|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty learns that our earthly prayers for others can benefit those:
2. Can our prayers help our friends and family members?
3. How long does Betty say she spent visiting many of God's creations?
4. In the garden, Betty recognizes the spirits as what?
5. In the other worlds that Betty visits, what kind of people does she see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why a particular drunken man shown to Betty is regarded highly in the spirit world.
2. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
3. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
4. What does Betty say about other worlds?
5. Why does Betty meet with a council of twelve men?
6. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
7. How does Betty describe the prayers that arrive in heaven?
8. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
9. What does Betty say about being God's children?
10. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List five important lessons Betty learns while she's in the spirit world. Describe what surprises Betty most about each lesson learned and what surprises her least.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what challenges Betty experiences after returning to earth. Explain how the spirit world helps Betty overcome these challenges.
Essay Topic 3
By the end of the story, Betty has undergone a major transformation. Analyze at least three separate transformations she goes through. Include her student-to-teacher transition as one of these transformations. Support your analyses with examples from the book.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)