|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time elapses before Betty decides to return to the hospital and meet with the surgeon who had done her procedure?
2. How is Betty protected against the frightening entities she sees after returning to her body?
3. Betty states that even though there are those who are different from us, we must be willing to:
4. Betty says that regardless of whether someone is great or small, talented or handicapped, sinner or saint, in the spirit world:
5. What does Betty experience after her spirit slips back into her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
2. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
3. Summarize what Betty writes about expressing gratitude in prayer.
4. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
5. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
6. Why does Betty meet with a council of twelve men?
7. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
8. What is the purpose of the lessons we learn during our time on earth?
9. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
10. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze some of the individuals Betty meets in the spirit world. What is the purpose of each? How does each individual help advance the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Betty learns in the spiritual realm during her near-death experience about the following:
1. Service to others.
3. Spiritual and universal laws.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Betty's family life when she's a child and when she's an adult. Why does family becomes so important to her as an adult? How does she create with her husband and children what she missed as a child?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)