|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entities frighten Betty after she returns to her body?
2. In conclusion, what does Betty say we are here on earth to do?
3. Betty says that wherever she traveled in the spiritual world, she always felt what?
4. When Betty meets with the surgeon who had performed her partial hysterectomy, she learns that:
5. The author states that we should ask in humility and receive in:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who joins Betty in the garden?
2. Summarize what Betty says about what we can take with us from this life to the spirit world.
3. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
4. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
5. Why does Betty meet with a council of twelve men?
6. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
7. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
8. What does Betty say about other worlds?
9. Describe why a particular drunken man shown to Betty is regarded highly in the spirit world.
10. How does Betty describe the prayers that arrive in heaven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze some of the individuals Betty meets in the spirit world. What is the purpose of each? How does each individual help advance the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Select four major themes carried throughout the book. Describe and briefly analyze each theme. Then, for each theme, explain whether it was carried through effectively. Support your reasons with examples.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Betty and her husband, Joe.
1. How does Joe react to Betty's story and experiences?
2. Why does he react this way? Use what you know about their relationship to support your answers.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)