|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the council of men tell Betty?
2. What happens once Betty makes the decision to return to earth?
3. What is Betty's first impression of her body upon her return to earth?
4. The author states that we should ask in humility and receive in:
5. How much time elapses before Betty decides to return to the hospital and meet with the surgeon who had done her procedure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
2. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
3. Summarize what Betty says about what we can take with us from this life to the spirit world.
4. Who joins Betty in the garden?
5. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
6. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
7. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
8. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
9. Describe why a particular drunken man shown to Betty is regarded highly in the spirit world.
10. Summarize what Betty writes about expressing gratitude in prayer.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summarize Betty's experience of traveling through a tornado-like black mass as she transitions from life on earth to life in heaven.
1. What does she see, hear, feel, and experience within this mass?
2. What does she see at the end of this tunnel?
Essay Topic 2
The title of Betty Eadie's book is Embraced by the Light. What does this title mean? What is the light? How, when, and where is Betty embraced? How does this embrace forever alter the author's point of view?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Betty uses imagery to bring to life a realm that is foreign to her readers.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)