|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the "ripple effect," any act of cruelty or kindness does what?
2. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
3. How much time elapses before Betty decides to return to the hospital and meet with the surgeon who had done her procedure?
4. In the garden, Betty recognizes the spirits as what?
5. How does Betty travel to other worlds, galaxies, and realms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the lessons we learn during our time on earth?
2. Who joins Betty in the garden?
3. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
4. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
5. Describe why a particular drunken man shown to Betty is regarded highly in the spirit world.
6. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
7. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
8. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
9. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
10. Summarize what Betty says about what we can take with us from this life to the spirit world.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Betty and her husband, Joe.
1. How does Joe react to Betty's story and experiences?
2. Why does he react this way? Use what you know about their relationship to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Betty's descriptions of heaven with what we see and experience here on earth. What similarities do you note? What stands as being significantly different?
Essay Topic 3
List five important lessons Betty learns while she's in the spirit world. Describe what surprises Betty most about each lesson learned and what surprises her least.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)