|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the angels tell which of our prayers are more urgent?
2. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
3. How long does it take Betty to finally agree to share her otherworldly experiences in a book?
4. With her difficult adjustment back into her body, how does Betty feel after her return to earth?
5. Why does the surgeon cry after talking to Betty about her near-death experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
2. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
3. What is the purpose of the lessons we learn during our time on earth?
4. Describe why a particular drunken man shown to Betty is regarded highly in the spirit world.
5. Who joins Betty in the garden?
6. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
7. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
8. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
9. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
10. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do individuals treat Betty in heaven? Compare and contrast the treatment she experiences in the spiritual world with the treatment she receives:
1. As a child in boarding school.
2. As an adult with her husband and children.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Betty and her husband, Joe.
1. How does Joe react to Betty's story and experiences?
2. Why does he react this way? Use what you know about their relationship to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Betty's descriptions of heaven with what we see and experience here on earth. What similarities do you note? What stands as being significantly different?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)