|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Betty say that on earth, we can't judge people accurately?
2. Betty says that regardless of whether someone is great or small, talented or handicapped, sinner or saint, in the spirit world:
3. In the other worlds that Betty visits, what kind of people does she see?
4. How is Betty protected against the frightening entities she sees after returning to her body?
5. With the "ripple effect," any act of cruelty or kindness does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
2. Who joins Betty in the garden?
3. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
4. Describe why a particular drunken man shown to Betty is regarded highly in the spirit world.
5. What is the purpose of the lessons we learn during our time on earth?
6. Why does Betty meet with a council of twelve men?
7. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
8. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
9. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
10. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Betty learns in the spiritual realm during her near-death experience about the following:
1. Service to others.
3. Spiritual and universal laws.
Essay Topic 2
Through her descriptions, Betty tries to incorporate all of the senses to give the reader a more complete picture of her experience. For each sense -- sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell -- select a passage from the book and analyze how her written description triggers that particular sense.
Essay Topic 3
Summarize Betty's experience of traveling through a tornado-like black mass as she transitions from life on earth to life in heaven.
1. What does she see, hear, feel, and experience within this mass?
2. What does she see at the end of this tunnel?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)