|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Betty protected against the frightening entities she sees after returning to her body?
2. How can the angels tell which of our prayers are more urgent?
3. In heaven, Betty is told that when a person dies traumatically, the spirit leaves the body:
4. How much time elapses before Betty decides to return to the hospital and meet with the surgeon who had done her procedure?
5. What are some of the spirits who come into the garden wearing?
Essay Topic 1
By the end of the story, Betty has undergone a major transformation. Analyze at least three separate transformations she goes through. Include her student-to-teacher transition as one of these transformations. Support your analyses with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the modes of communication, transportation, illumination, and knowledge acquisition in the realm Betty visits during her near-death experience.
Essay Topic 3
Select four major themes carried throughout the book. Describe and briefly analyze each theme. Then, for each theme, explain whether it was carried through effectively. Support your reasons with examples.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)