|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty states that even though she and Joe help their adult children through painful moments, they can never:
2. Shortly after Betty returns to her body, she finds comfort from the spiritual world through:
3. As Betty prepares to leave heaven, she realizes that:
4. How long does it take Betty to finally agree to share her otherworldly experiences in a book?
5. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select four major themes carried throughout the book. Describe and briefly analyze each theme. Then, for each theme, explain whether it was carried through effectively. Support your reasons with examples.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Betty's family life when she's a child and when she's an adult. Why does family becomes so important to her as an adult? How does she create with her husband and children what she missed as a child?
Essay Topic 3
How do individuals treat Betty in heaven? Compare and contrast the treatment she experiences in the spiritual world with the treatment she receives:
1. As a child in boarding school.
2. As an adult with her husband and children.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)