|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty say about a mother's prayers for her children?
2. At the beginning of the book's last chapter, who comes into Betty's home?
3. Shortly after Betty returns to her body, she finds comfort from the spiritual world through:
4. What happens once Betty makes the decision to return to earth?
5. Betty agrees to return to earth after being shown her mission, which:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
2. Describe why a particular drunken man shown to Betty is regarded highly in the spirit world.
3. Summarize what Betty writes about expressing gratitude in prayer.
4. Summarize what Betty says about what we can take with us from this life to the spirit world.
5. What does Betty say about other worlds?
6. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
7. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
8. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
9. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
10. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List five important lessons Betty learns while she's in the spirit world. Describe what surprises Betty most about each lesson learned and what surprises her least.
Essay Topic 2
Summarize Betty's experience of traveling through a tornado-like black mass as she transitions from life on earth to life in heaven.
1. What does she see, hear, feel, and experience within this mass?
2. What does she see at the end of this tunnel?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Betty able to feel so calm and at peace in the midst of her unusual experiences? Why does she feel "at home" in this alternate realm?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)