|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
2. How much time elapses before Betty decides to return to the hospital and meet with the surgeon who had done her procedure?
3. How is Betty protected against the frightening entities she sees after returning to her body?
4. What does Betty say fills the vastness of space?
5. Betty says that the only thing we can take with us from our earthly lives is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Betty meet with a council of twelve men?
2. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
3. What does Betty say about being God's children?
4. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
5. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
6. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
7. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
8. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
9. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
10. Summarize what Betty writes about expressing gratitude in prayer.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Betty able to feel so calm and at peace in the midst of her unusual experiences? Why does she feel "at home" in this alternate realm?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what challenges Betty experiences after returning to earth. Explain how the spirit world helps Betty overcome these challenges.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Betty's family life when she's a child and when she's an adult. Why does family becomes so important to her as an adult? How does she create with her husband and children what she missed as a child?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)