|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In heaven, Betty is told that when a person dies traumatically, the spirit leaves the body:
2. What do the spirits begin to do once they've gathered around Betty in the garden?
3. What does the council of men tell Betty?
4. What does Betty force herself to participate in some time after returning to her body in order to enjoy life again?
5. In conclusion, what does Betty say we are here on earth to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the lessons we learn during our time on earth?
2. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
3. What does Betty say about other worlds?
4. How does Betty describe the prayers that arrive in heaven?
5. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
6. Describe why a particular drunken man shown to Betty is regarded highly in the spirit world.
7. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
8. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
9. Summarize what Betty writes about expressing gratitude in prayer.
10. Why does Betty meet with a council of twelve men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Explain how Betty develops a fear of God as a child. What gives rise to this fear? What other factors contribute?
2. Explain how Betty feels about God following the near-death experience she has as an adult. List some of the events that transpire and some of the lessons she learns that alter her view of God.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the modes of communication, transportation, illumination, and knowledge acquisition in the realm Betty visits during her near-death experience.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Betty uses imagery to bring to life a realm that is foreign to her readers.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)