|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the "ripple effect," any act of cruelty or kindness does what?
2. What does Betty say fills the vastness of space?
3. Why does the surgeon cry after talking to Betty about her near-death experience?
4. Betty sees prayers coming from earth as what?
5. How long does it take Betty to finally agree to share her otherworldly experiences in a book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Betty describe the prayers that arrive in heaven?
2. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
3. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
4. Why does Betty meet with a council of twelve men?
5. What is the purpose of the lessons we learn during our time on earth?
6. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
7. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
8. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
9. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
10. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Betty and her husband, Joe.
1. How does Joe react to Betty's story and experiences?
2. Why does he react this way? Use what you know about their relationship to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what challenges Betty experiences after returning to earth. Explain how the spirit world helps Betty overcome these challenges.
Essay Topic 3
1. Describe Betty's lengthy interaction with Jesus in heaven.
2. How does she feel towards him?
3. What does she learn about him?
4. At the end of their conversation, what impression is she left regarding Jesus? How does this differ from how she felt about Jesus before her near-death experience?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)