|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty hear in space?
2. What does Betty say fills the vastness of space?
3. How does the drunken man help the attorney?
4. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
5. In heaven, Betty is told that when a person dies traumatically, the spirit leaves the body:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Betty meet with a council of twelve men?
2. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
3. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
4. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
5. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
6. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
7. How does Betty describe the prayers that arrive in heaven?
8. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
9. Describe why a particular drunken man shown to Betty is regarded highly in the spirit world.
10. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List five important lessons Betty learns while she's in the spirit world. Describe what surprises Betty most about each lesson learned and what surprises her least.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Betty and her husband, Joe.
1. How does Joe react to Betty's story and experiences?
2. Why does he react this way? Use what you know about their relationship to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
1. Describe Betty's lengthy interaction with Jesus in heaven.
2. How does she feel towards him?
3. What does she learn about him?
4. At the end of their conversation, what impression is she left regarding Jesus? How does this differ from how she felt about Jesus before her near-death experience?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)