|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In many instances, our earth family members and friends are:
2. What happens once Betty makes the decision to return to earth?
3. When Betty meets with the surgeon who had performed her partial hysterectomy, she learns that:
4. At the beginning of the book's last chapter, who comes into Betty's home?
5. As Betty prepares to leave heaven, she realizes that:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
2. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
3. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
4. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
5. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
6. Why does Betty meet with a council of twelve men?
7. Summarize what Betty says about what we can take with us from this life to the spirit world.
8. What does Betty say about being God's children?
9. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
10. Describe why a particular drunken man shown to Betty is regarded highly in the spirit world.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The tone of the book changes from beginning to end. It begins by reflecting fear and uncertainty but ends encompassing love, strength, and confidence. Select and summarize several passages that show how, exactly, the tone shifts from start to finish.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the modes of communication, transportation, illumination, and knowledge acquisition in the realm Betty visits during her near-death experience.
Essay Topic 3
Summarize Betty's experience of traveling through a tornado-like black mass as she transitions from life on earth to life in heaven.
1. What does she see, hear, feel, and experience within this mass?
2. What does she see at the end of this tunnel?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)