|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of a person communicates with God, receiving knowledge and insight from him?
2. Betty says that to become perfect in spirit, we must attain harmony between the mind, body, and spirit and add what to this balance?
3. What does Betty say about her beliefs regarding religion prior to her near-death experience?
4. In the garden, Betty realizes that everything has its own life, purpose, and:
5. How does Betty "experience" the unique flower in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. A pinpoint of light appears at the end of the tunnel. As she gets closer, what does Betty see within the light?
2. Describe what Betty experiences as she travels inside the vortex.
3. How does Betty feel at night as she recovers at the hospital following her surgery?
4. Who is the man within the light?
5. Contrast what Betty learns about God first at the Catholic boarding school and later at Brainard Indian Training School.
6. Discuss some of the points Betty makes about the power we have to affect our own health.
7. What does the man radiating light and love tell Betty?
8. How does Betty's uneasiness at the hospital foreshadow what is to come?
9. Explain how knowledge is acquired in the heavenly library Betty visits.
10. Describe what Betty experiences as she feels the life force leaving her body.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The tone of the book changes from beginning to end. It begins by reflecting fear and uncertainty but ends encompassing love, strength, and confidence. Select and summarize several passages that show how, exactly, the tone shifts from start to finish.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Betty's descriptions of heaven with what we see and experience here on earth. What similarities do you note? What stands as being significantly different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze some of the individuals Betty meets in the spirit world. What is the purpose of each? How does each individual help advance the plot?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)