|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Betty discusses sins against the flesh, such as abusing drugs, overeating, under-eating, and not getting enough exercise, she explains that they're all equal in severity because:
2. Early in her second marriage, Betty wants to attend church to do what?
3. Why were the laws that Jesus discusses with Betty created?
4. What part of a person communicates with God, receiving knowledge and insight from him?
5. After waking up with a feeling of impending danger following her surgery, Betty tries reaching for the cord that calls the nurse but finds that:
Short Essay Questions
1. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
2. What does Betty say happens when our thoughts draw upon negative energies at length?
3. How does Betty use imagery in this chapter to convey the essence of the garden she visits?
4. Describe what Betty experiences as she feels the life force leaving her body.
5. Describe the garden setting.
6. Explain the "natural consequence" nature of the laws Jesus shares with Betty.
7. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
8. Describe why a particular drunken man shown to Betty is regarded highly in the spirit world.
9. What does Betty experience as she meets the man inside the light?
10. Compare and contrast Betty's first and second marriages.
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe Betty's lengthy interaction with Jesus in heaven.
2. How does she feel towards him?
3. What does she learn about him?
4. At the end of their conversation, what impression is she left regarding Jesus? How does this differ from how she felt about Jesus before her near-death experience?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Betty's family life when she's a child and when she's an adult. Why does family becomes so important to her as an adult? How does she create with her husband and children what she missed as a child?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what challenges Betty experiences after returning to earth. Explain how the spirit world helps Betty overcome these challenges.
This section contains 1,689 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)