|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In heaven, what is Betty told about her death?
2. When she first experiences her spirit body and others appear in the room with her, what does Betty notice about their appearance and hers?
3. When Betty experiences severe cramping, bleeding, and other complications during her seventh pregnancy, what do doctors advise?
4. How does Betty compare the garden to a symphony?
5. Whom does Betty recognize as the one who embraces her upon her entry into the spirit world?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Betty experiences as she feels the life force leaving her body.
2. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
3. Why does Betty need to have a partial hysterectomy?
4. Explain how knowledge is acquired in the heavenly library Betty visits.
5. Explain what Betty means in her discussion of sins against the flesh.
6. What are Betty's first impressions upon being released from her body?
7. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
8. What does the experience of being a rose teach Betty?
9. Discuss some of the points Betty makes about the power we have to affect our own health.
10. Describe Betty's childhood near-death experience.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the modes of communication, transportation, illumination, and knowledge acquisition in the realm Betty visits during her near-death experience.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Betty uses imagery to bring to life a realm that is foreign to her readers.
Essay Topic 3
By the end of the story, Betty has undergone a major transformation. Analyze at least three separate transformations she goes through. Include her student-to-teacher transition as one of these transformations. Support your analyses with examples from the book.
This section contains 1,712 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)