|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she was deathly sick with whooping cough and double pneumonia as a child, Betty had an otherworldly experience of finding herself cradled in the arms of:
2. Whom does Betty recognize as the one who embraces her upon her entry into the spirit world?
3. Following her hysterectomy procedure, how does Betty feel at nine o'clock when a nurse brings her evening medication?
4. As she focuses on the special flower in the garden, what perspective does Betty adopt?
5. When Betty is taken to the garden, what does she see in the distance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man within the light?
2. Explain how knowledge is acquired in the heavenly library Betty visits.
3. What does Betty experience as she meets the man inside the light?
4. What does Betty feel as she travels through the tunnel?
5. Contrast what Betty learns about God first at the Catholic boarding school and later at Brainard Indian Training School.
6. Describe Betty's childhood near-death experience.
7. Discuss some of the points Betty makes about the power we have to affect our own health.
8. Why does Betty need to have a partial hysterectomy?
9. What does Betty say about Jesus' sense of humor?
10. What are the laws described in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe Betty's lengthy interaction with Jesus in heaven.
2. How does she feel towards him?
3. What does she learn about him?
4. At the end of their conversation, what impression is she left regarding Jesus? How does this differ from how she felt about Jesus before her near-death experience?
Essay Topic 2
1. Explain how Betty develops a fear of God as a child. What gives rise to this fear? What other factors contribute?
2. Explain how Betty feels about God following the near-death experience she has as an adult. List some of the events that transpire and some of the lessons she learns that alter her view of God.
Essay Topic 3
By the end of the story, Betty has undergone a major transformation. Analyze at least three separate transformations she goes through. Include her student-to-teacher transition as one of these transformations. Support your analyses with examples from the book.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)