|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author notices that people enjoy creating things in heaven, and she comes to understand that all things of importance are:
2. What happens when, as Betty communicates with her ministering angels, she suddenly thinks about her husband and their children?
3. After her parents separate when Betty is four years old, where is she sent?
4. What attributes does Betty especially appreciate about Joe, her second husband?
5. How does Betty describe her semi-private hospital room in which she recovers after surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty see people doing in the looms room?
2. Describe the garden setting.
3. What does the experience of being a rose teach Betty?
4. What are Betty's first impressions upon being released from her body?
5. Explain the "natural consequence" nature of the laws Jesus shares with Betty.
6. How do some of the events of Betty's childhood foreshadow what she is about to cover later in the book?
7. What does Betty say happens when our thoughts draw upon negative energies at length?
8. Contrast what Betty learns about God first at the Catholic boarding school and later at Brainard Indian Training School.
9. Compare and contrast Betty's first and second marriages.
10. After seeing Jesus face to face, how does Betty's perspective of him change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through her descriptions, Betty tries to incorporate all of the senses to give the reader a more complete picture of her experience. For each sense -- sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell -- select a passage from the book and analyze how her written description triggers that particular sense.
Essay Topic 2
The title of Betty Eadie's book is Embraced by the Light. What does this title mean? What is the light? How, when, and where is Betty embraced? How does this embrace forever alter the author's point of view?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Betty's descriptions of heaven with what we see and experience here on earth. What similarities do you note? What stands as being significantly different?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)