|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty see when she enters the looms room?
2. Why doesn't healing sometimes come right away, or come at all?
3. How does Betty receive knowledge while standing in the library in the spiritual realm?
4. How old was Betty when she fell in love with the boy next door and married him?
5. Early in her second marriage, Betty wants to attend church to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man radiating light and love tell Betty?
2. Describe Betty's childhood near-death experience.
3. Contrast what Betty learns about God first at the Catholic boarding school and later at Brainard Indian Training School.
4. Describe what Betty experiences as she feels the life force leaving her body.
5. Describe who Betty sees as she travels through this massive tunnel.
6. What does Betty feel as she travels through the tunnel?
7. How has Betty's perspective changed in this chapter?
8. When she returns to the hospital room after checking up on her family, what massive force does Betty feel tugging at her?
9. What does the experience of being a rose teach Betty?
10. As a child, how does Betty learn to fear God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The tone of the book changes from beginning to end. It begins by reflecting fear and uncertainty but ends encompassing love, strength, and confidence. Select and summarize several passages that show how, exactly, the tone shifts from start to finish.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Betty's family life when she's a child and when she's an adult. Why does family becomes so important to her as an adult? How does she create with her husband and children what she missed as a child?
Essay Topic 3
List five important lessons Betty learns while she's in the spirit world. Describe what surprises Betty most about each lesson learned and what surprises her least.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)