|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty say about her husband and their children?
2. What term does Betty use to describe the waters in the garden?
3. After Joe and Betty marry, they move with their children to:
4. Betty notes that once we've identified an illness or a problem, we must start verbalizing what?
5. On Betty's first day at Brainard Indian Training School, what sign did she read that left a lasting impression on her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty say is the glue that holds together her marriage to Joe?
2. What does the man radiating light and love tell Betty?
3. What does Betty see people doing in the looms room?
4. Describe the garden setting.
5. Compare and contrast Betty's first and second marriages.
6. How does Betty feel at night as she recovers at the hospital following her surgery?
7. Describe Betty's otherworldly experience of immersing herself in a rose.
8. Why does Betty need to have a partial hysterectomy?
9. Contrast what Betty learns about God first at the Catholic boarding school and later at Brainard Indian Training School.
10. Before this particular hospital stay where she is scheduled for a partial hysterectomy, Betty was admitted to the hospital for another reason. What was that reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do individuals treat Betty in heaven? Compare and contrast the treatment she experiences in the spiritual world with the treatment she receives:
1. As a child in boarding school.
2. As an adult with her husband and children.
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze some of the individuals Betty meets in the spirit world. What is the purpose of each? How does each individual help advance the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Betty able to feel so calm and at peace in the midst of her unusual experiences? Why does she feel "at home" in this alternate realm?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)