|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty learns that since there is a cause and effect relationship to sin, we end up creating many of our own punishments how?
2. What is the outcome of Betty's difficult seventh pregnancy?
3. As she travels through the whirling black mass, Betty picks up speed to the point where she feels she's:
4. Upon experiencing significant complications during her seventh pregnancy, what does Betty decide to do?
5. Prior to feeling her body become still and lifeless, Betty experiences:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man within the light?
2. Describe Betty's second husband, Joe.
3. How has Betty's perspective changed in this chapter?
4. What does Betty say is the glue that holds together her marriage to Joe?
5. What does Betty feel as she travels through the tunnel?
6. How does Betty's uneasiness at the hospital foreshadow what is to come?
7. Describe who Betty sees as she travels through this massive tunnel.
8. Compare and contrast Betty's first and second marriages.
9. Describe the three beings who appear at Betty's side as she hovers in the hospital room.
10. Why does Betty need to have a partial hysterectomy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the modes of communication, transportation, illumination, and knowledge acquisition in the realm Betty visits during her near-death experience.
Essay Topic 2
Through her descriptions, Betty tries to incorporate all of the senses to give the reader a more complete picture of her experience. For each sense -- sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell -- select a passage from the book and analyze how her written description triggers that particular sense.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what Betty learns in the spiritual realm during her near-death experience about the following:
1. Service to others.
3. Spiritual and universal laws.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)