|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Betty moves forward through the black mass, what happens to the whirling sound?
2. How does Betty describe her spirit body?
3. Betty says that we are at our most self-centered when we are:
4. When Betty asks Jesus why there are so many religions, he replies that:
5. Who visits Betty after her procedure, even though she has no recollection of the visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do some of the events of Betty's childhood foreshadow what she is about to cover later in the book?
2. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
3. What does the experience of being a rose teach Betty?
4. What can our illnesses teach us?
5. Why does Betty need to have a partial hysterectomy?
6. What does Betty experience as she meets the man inside the light?
7. What does the man radiating light and love tell Betty?
8. Who is the man within the light?
9. Why did Betty not listen to the advice of her doctors who wanted her to have an abortion?
10. How does Betty feel at night as she recovers at the hospital following her surgery?
Essay Topic 1
The title of Betty Eadie's book is Embraced by the Light. What does this title mean? What is the light? How, when, and where is Betty embraced? How does this embrace forever alter the author's point of view?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Betty's family life when she's a child and when she's an adult. Why does family becomes so important to her as an adult? How does she create with her husband and children what she missed as a child?
Essay Topic 3
List five important lessons Betty learns while she's in the spirit world. Describe what surprises Betty most about each lesson learned and what surprises her least.
This section contains 1,549 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)