|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Betty often approached God in prayer for answers when she was an adolescent, she felt that:
2. Despite feeling blessed by her husband and their children, what does Betty say was still missing from her life?
3. As she reaches her destination after traveling through the swirling black mass, Betty sees:
4. How does Betty describe her semi-private hospital room in which she recovers after surgery?
5. Feeling restless at the hospital as she awaits her procedure, what does Betty do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Betty's uneasiness at the hospital foreshadow what is to come?
2. Describe the three beings who appear at Betty's side as she hovers in the hospital room.
3. What does Betty say is the glue that holds together her marriage to Joe?
4. Compare and contrast Betty's first and second marriages.
5. What does the man radiating light and love tell Betty?
6. What does Betty say about Jesus' sense of humor?
7. How does Betty use imagery in this chapter to convey the essence of the garden she visits?
8. Explain the "natural consequence" nature of the laws Jesus shares with Betty.
9. When she returns to the hospital room after checking up on her family, what massive force does Betty feel tugging at her?
10. As a child, how does Betty learn to fear God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Explain how Betty develops a fear of God as a child. What gives rise to this fear? What other factors contribute?
2. Explain how Betty feels about God following the near-death experience she has as an adult. List some of the events that transpire and some of the lessons she learns that alter her view of God.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Betty able to feel so calm and at peace in the midst of her unusual experiences? Why does she feel "at home" in this alternate realm?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze some of the individuals Betty meets in the spirit world. What is the purpose of each? How does each individual help advance the plot?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)