|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Betty describe sinning?
2. When Betty's spirit looks upon her own body, she at once knows that:
3. At the hospital, Betty asks for a room with a window because ever since she was a child, she's had:
4. As Betty's spirit gazes upon her own lifeless body, who appears in the room with her?
5. What does Betty clarify regarding the relationship between the spirit and the flesh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Betty experiences as she travels inside the vortex.
2. A pinpoint of light appears at the end of the tunnel. As she gets closer, what does Betty see within the light?
3. Describe Betty's second husband, Joe.
4. What can our illnesses teach us?
5. How has Betty's perspective changed in this chapter?
6. Discuss some of the points Betty makes about the power we have to affect our own health.
7. What does the experience of being a rose teach Betty?
8. Explain the "natural consequence" nature of the laws Jesus shares with Betty.
9. When she returns to the hospital room after checking up on her family, what massive force does Betty feel tugging at her?
10. How do some of the events of Betty's childhood foreshadow what she is about to cover later in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Betty's descriptions of heaven with what we see and experience here on earth. What similarities do you note? What stands as being significantly different?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze some of the individuals Betty meets in the spirit world. What is the purpose of each? How does each individual help advance the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the modes of communication, transportation, illumination, and knowledge acquisition in the realm Betty visits during her near-death experience.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)