|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Betty's spirit looks upon her own body, she at once knows that:
2. Early in her second marriage, Betty wants to attend church to do what?
3. Whom does Betty recognize as the one who embraces her upon her entry into the spirit world?
4. What does Betty become aware of within the black mass she travels through?
5. According to Betty, how can the spirit affect our own health?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty say about Jesus' sense of humor?
2. Betty states she understands that love is supreme. Explain what she says about the natural order of love.
3. Describe Betty's second husband, Joe.
4. A pinpoint of light appears at the end of the tunnel. As she gets closer, what does Betty see within the light?
5. Describe the three beings who appear at Betty's side as she hovers in the hospital room.
6. How does Betty use imagery in this chapter to convey the essence of the garden she visits?
7. Describe Betty's otherworldly experience of immersing herself in a rose.
8. Discuss some of the points Betty makes about the power we have to affect our own health.
9. What are the laws described in Chapter 7?
10. Describe what Betty experiences as she feels the life force leaving her body.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe Betty's lengthy interaction with Jesus in heaven.
2. How does she feel towards him?
3. What does she learn about him?
4. At the end of their conversation, what impression is she left regarding Jesus? How does this differ from how she felt about Jesus before her near-death experience?
Essay Topic 2
The tone of the book changes from beginning to end. It begins by reflecting fear and uncertainty but ends encompassing love, strength, and confidence. Select and summarize several passages that show how, exactly, the tone shifts from start to finish.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Betty and her husband, Joe.
1. How does Joe react to Betty's story and experiences?
2. Why does he react this way? Use what you know about their relationship to support your answers.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)