|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to feeling her body become still and lifeless, Betty experiences:
2. At the hospital, Betty asks for a room with a window because ever since she was a child, she's had:
3. As she travels through the whirling black mass, Betty picks up speed to the point where she feels she's:
4. As she focuses on the special flower in the garden, what perspective does Betty adopt?
5. Betty says that we are at our most self-centered when we are:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the garden setting.
2. At the moment that she feels her body go lifeless, what happens to her spirit?
3. What are the laws described in Chapter 7?
4. What does Betty say happens when our thoughts draw upon negative energies at length?
5. Why does Betty need to have a partial hysterectomy?
6. Describe what Betty experiences as she feels the life force leaving her body.
7. How do some of the events of Betty's childhood foreshadow what she is about to cover later in the book?
8. What does Betty see people doing in the looms room?
9. How has Betty's perspective changed in this chapter?
10. What does Betty say is the glue that holds together her marriage to Joe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
By the end of the story, Betty has undergone a major transformation. Analyze at least three separate transformations she goes through. Include her student-to-teacher transition as one of these transformations. Support your analyses with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
The title of Betty Eadie's book is Embraced by the Light. What does this title mean? What is the light? How, when, and where is Betty embraced? How does this embrace forever alter the author's point of view?
Essay Topic 3
Summarize Betty's experience of traveling through a tornado-like black mass as she transitions from life on earth to life in heaven.
1. What does she see, hear, feel, and experience within this mass?
2. What does she see at the end of this tunnel?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)