|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty says that in the spirit world, nobody is made to feel what?
2. After watching television and falling asleep during the evening following her surgery, how does Betty feel when she wakes up?
3. How does Betty describe Jesus' sense of humor?
4. Betty's father is Scottish-Irish and her mother is:
5. Who visits Betty after her procedure, even though she has no recollection of the visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a child, how does Betty learn to fear God?
2. Betty states she understands that love is supreme. Explain what she says about the natural order of love.
3. Describe what Betty experiences as she feels the life force leaving her body.
4. Describe the three beings who appear at Betty's side as she hovers in the hospital room.
5. At the moment that she feels her body go lifeless, what happens to her spirit?
6. How has Betty's perspective changed in this chapter?
7. Describe Betty's otherworldly experience of immersing herself in a rose.
8. A pinpoint of light appears at the end of the tunnel. As she gets closer, what does Betty see within the light?
9. Why did Betty not listen to the advice of her doctors who wanted her to have an abortion?
10. How does Betty feel at night as she recovers at the hospital following her surgery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Betty's descriptions of heaven with what we see and experience here on earth. What similarities do you note? What stands as being significantly different?
Essay Topic 2
List five important lessons Betty learns while she's in the spirit world. Describe what surprises Betty most about each lesson learned and what surprises her least.
Essay Topic 3
By the end of the story, Betty has undergone a major transformation. Analyze at least three separate transformations she goes through. Include her student-to-teacher transition as one of these transformations. Support your analyses with examples from the book.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)