|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty says that Jesus' relationship to her was like what?
2. As she travels through the whirling black mass, Betty picks up speed to the point where she feels she's:
3. On the morning of Betty's hysterectomy, what does she experience after hearing the doctor ask, "Is she ready?"
4. What is the outcome of Betty's partial hysterectomy procedure?
5. Betty's father is Scottish-Irish and her mother is:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty feel as she travels through the tunnel?
2. When she returns to the hospital room after checking up on her family, what massive force does Betty feel tugging at her?
3. Describe Betty's childhood near-death experience.
4. Who is the man within the light?
5. Describe Betty's second husband, Joe.
6. What are Betty's first impressions upon being released from her body?
7. Describe what Betty experiences as she feels the life force leaving her body.
8. Explain the "natural consequence" nature of the laws Jesus shares with Betty.
9. Describe Betty's otherworldly experience of immersing herself in a rose.
10. At the moment that she feels her body go lifeless, what happens to her spirit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Betty's family life when she's a child and when she's an adult. Why does family becomes so important to her as an adult? How does she create with her husband and children what she missed as a child?
Essay Topic 2
While Betty is in heaven, she "remembers" many things that she had forgotten while living her life on earth.
1. Explain how Betty's "remembering" takes place.
2. List some of the things she remembers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Betty uses imagery to bring to life a realm that is foreign to her readers.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)