|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Betty recognize the one who embraces her in heaven?
2. What treatment is Betty about to have as the story opens?
3. What is the outcome of Betty's partial hysterectomy procedure?
4. How does Betty describe her semi-private hospital room in which she recovers after surgery?
5. When does Betty find herself at the hospital as her narration begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty feel as she travels through the tunnel?
2. What does the man radiating light and love tell Betty?
3. Explain the "natural consequence" nature of the laws Jesus shares with Betty.
4. Describe what Betty experiences as she feels the life force leaving her body.
5. When she returns to the hospital room after checking up on her family, what massive force does Betty feel tugging at her?
6. What does the experience of being a rose teach Betty?
7. Who is the man within the light?
8. Describe what Betty experiences as she travels inside the vortex.
9. After seeing Jesus face to face, how does Betty's perspective of him change?
10. As a child, how does Betty learn to fear God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe Betty's lengthy interaction with Jesus in heaven.
2. How does she feel towards him?
3. What does she learn about him?
4. At the end of their conversation, what impression is she left regarding Jesus? How does this differ from how she felt about Jesus before her near-death experience?
Essay Topic 2
Through her descriptions, Betty tries to incorporate all of the senses to give the reader a more complete picture of her experience. For each sense -- sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell -- select a passage from the book and analyze how her written description triggers that particular sense.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Betty and her husband, Joe.
1. How does Joe react to Betty's story and experiences?
2. Why does he react this way? Use what you know about their relationship to support your answers.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)