|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Betty continues to tour the heavenly realm, she feels as though she's traveling how long?
2. As she travels through the whirling black mass, Betty picks up speed to the point where she feels she's:
3. What process does Betty feel taking place within the whirling, moving mass?
4. Betty learns that since there is a cause and effect relationship to sin, we end up creating many of our own punishments how?
5. Betty realizes that many of her illnesses were the result of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
2. How does Betty describe the prayers that arrive in heaven?
3. How does Betty feel at night as she recovers at the hospital following her surgery?
4. Describe who Betty sees as she travels through this massive tunnel.
5. Who is the man within the light?
6. Describe what Betty experiences as she feels the life force leaving her body.
7. Explain what Betty means in her discussion of sins against the flesh.
8. What does Betty feel as she travels through the tunnel?
9. How does Betty's uneasiness at the hospital foreshadow what is to come?
10. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Betty and her husband, Joe.
1. How does Joe react to Betty's story and experiences?
2. Why does he react this way? Use what you know about their relationship to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze some of the individuals Betty meets in the spirit world. What is the purpose of each? How does each individual help advance the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Betty uses imagery to bring to life a realm that is foreign to her readers.
This section contains 1,515 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)