|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the surgeon cry after talking to Betty about her near-death experience?
(a) He feels badly that she died under his care.
(b) He's afraid she's gone mad.
(c) Her story gives him hope.
(d) He's worried she will sue.
2. Betty states that even though there are those who are different from us, we must be willing to:
(a) Fight when action is called for.
(b) Show them how wrong they are.
(c) Uphold our religious viewpoints.
(d) Accept all others.
3. What do those gathered at Betty's farewell from the spirit world begin to do?
(a) Recite a memorized poem.
(b) Dance with her.
(c) Sing spontaneously.
(d) Bring her gifts.
4. How does Betty react to what the council of men tells her?
(a) With utter shock.
(b) With great joy.
(c) With complete acceptance.
(d) With much resistance.
5. In heaven, Betty is told that when a person dies traumatically, the spirit leaves the body:
(b) Without looking back.
(c) Through the top of the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Betty say she spent visiting many of God's creations?
2. Betty says that the only thing we can take with us from our earthly lives is:
3. What entities frighten Betty after she returns to her body?
4. What impresses Betty most about spirits in their pre-mortal existence?
5. What does Betty say fills the vastness of space?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who joins Betty in the garden?
2. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
3. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
4. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
5. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
6. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
7. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
8. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
9. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
10. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)