|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some spirits choose not to come to earth?
(a) They're more comfortable where they are.
(b) They don't want to bother.
(c) They choose to act as guardian angels instead.
(d) They know they'd fail.
2. When Betty meets with the surgeon who had performed her partial hysterectomy, she learns that:
(a) He also saw her spirit guides.
(b) She had died.
(c) There were no complications.
(d) She was incoherent after the surgery.
3. How does the drunken man help the attorney?
(a) As a teacher of compassion.
(b) By serving as his client.
(c) Showing the attorney he should never drink.
(d) By hardening the attorney's heart.
4. Initially, Betty think the spirits who've gathered in the garden have come:
(a) For a graduation party.
(b) To review her life.
(c) To protect her.
(d) For a church ceremony.
5. Betty learns that as spirits preparing to come to earth, we choose many of our weaknesses and challenges in order to what?
(a) Be more balanced.
(d) Complement strengths.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the book's last chapter, who comes into Betty's home?
2. What does Betty hear in space?
3. Why does Betty say that on earth, we can't judge people accurately?
4. In the other worlds that Betty visits, what kind of people does she see?
5. When the spirits in heaven show Betty a drunken man on earth, what does she first see in this person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty say about being God's children?
2. How does Betty describe the prayers that arrive in heaven?
3. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
4. Who joins Betty in the garden?
5. Summarize what Betty says about what we can take with us from this life to the spirit world.
6. What is the purpose of the lessons we learn during our time on earth?
7. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
8. Summarize what Betty writes about expressing gratitude in prayer.
9. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
10. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)