|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the spirits show Betty who the drunken man really is, what does Betty see?
(a) A man tormented by demons.
(b) A magnificent man full of light.
(c) Someone stuck in the first level of spiritual growth.
(d) Someone she hopes to never meet.
2. Betty says that after we live our lives here on earth and are reunited in heaven:
(a) We're ready to come right back to earth.
(b) Pain is washed away.
(c) Everyone has to be debriefed.
(d) We forget almost everything.
3. How long does Betty say she spent visiting many of God's creations?
(a) Weeks, even months.
(b) Months, even years.
4. Betty learns that our earthly prayers for others can benefit those:
(a) Whom we know personally, but not others.
(b) In heaven only.
(c) On earth and in heaven.
(d) On earth only.
5. Initially, Betty think the spirits who've gathered in the garden have come:
(a) To review her life.
(b) To protect her.
(c) For a church ceremony.
(d) For a graduation party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the surgeon cry after talking to Betty about her near-death experience?
2. How does the drunken man help the attorney?
3. What is Betty's first impression of her body upon her return to earth?
4. Who appears next to Betty right before her life review?
5. What does Betty realize about her adoptive child by the time the little girl is two-and-a-half years old?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
2. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
3. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
4. Describe why a particular drunken man shown to Betty is regarded highly in the spirit world.
5. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
6. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
7. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
8. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
9. What does Betty say about other worlds?
10. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)