|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the spirits begin to do once they've gathered around Betty in the garden?
(a) Greet her.
(d) Lecture her.
2. At the beginning of the book's last chapter, who comes into Betty's home?
(a) An estranged sister.
(b) An NDE researcher.
(c) A foster child.
(d) A long-lost aunt.
3. The author states that we should ask in humility and receive in:
4. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
(a) Back through the tunnel.
(b) Escorted by a thousand silver angels.
(c) Riding a beam of light.
(d) By simply finding herself back in the hospital room.
5. What do those gathered at Betty's farewell from the spirit world begin to do?
(a) Recite a memorized poem.
(b) Dance with her.
(c) Bring her gifts.
(d) Sing spontaneously.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the angels tell which of our prayers are more urgent?
2. Betty sees prayers coming from earth as what?
3. In the garden, Betty recognizes the spirits as what?
4. What happens once Betty makes the decision to return to earth?
5. Shortly after Betty returns to her body, she finds comfort from the spiritual world through:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty say about other worlds?
2. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
3. Summarize what Betty says about what we can take with us from this life to the spirit world.
4. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
5. Who joins Betty in the garden?
6. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
7. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
8. Summarize what Betty writes about expressing gratitude in prayer.
9. What does Betty say about being God's children?
10. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)