|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betty learns that our earthly prayers for others can benefit those:
(a) On earth and in heaven.
(b) In heaven only.
(c) Whom we know personally, but not others.
(d) On earth only.
2. How can the angels tell which of our prayers are more urgent?
(a) They are brighter.
(b) They flap more intensely.
(c) They are louder.
(d) They're lifted up by red balloons.
3. Betty agrees to return to earth after being shown her mission, which:
(a) Was the most important mission she'd ever heard.
(b) Now serves as her day to day blueprint.
(c) Was removed from her memory before her return.
(d) She realized she could complete easily.
4. Why does Betty say that on earth, we can't judge people accurately?
(a) We're too mean.
(b) We don't have the knowledge.
(c) We're swayed too easily one way or another.
(d) We're too gullible.
5. What are some of the spirits who come into the garden wearing?
(a) Soft pastel gowns.
(d) Bold blue capes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Betty sees spirits eagerly awaiting their turn on earth, she notes that they regard life on earth as what?
2. With the "ripple effect," any act of cruelty or kindness does what?
3. The author states that we should ask in humility and receive in:
4. What saves Betty from the condition she finds herself in after returning to her body?
5. In heaven, Betty is told that when a person dies traumatically, the spirit leaves the body:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
2. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
3. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
4. Summarize what Betty says about what we can take with us from this life to the spirit world.
5. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
6. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
7. How does Betty describe the prayers that arrive in heaven?
8. What does Betty say about other worlds?
9. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
10. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)