|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the spirits begin to do once they've gathered around Betty in the garden?
(a) Lecture her.
(c) Greet her.
2. What does Betty experience after her spirit slips back into her body?
(a) Disorientation and vertigo.
(b) Calm, strength, and tremendous energy.
(c) Pain, sickness, and electric shocks.
(d) Bliss and joy.
3. Can our prayers help our friends and family members?
(a) Only close family members.
(d) Only friends.
4. How can the angels tell which of our prayers are more urgent?
(a) They're lifted up by red balloons.
(b) They are louder.
(c) They flap more intensely.
(d) They are brighter.
5. Betty learns that our earthly prayers for others can benefit those:
(a) Whom we know personally, but not others.
(b) On earth and in heaven.
(c) In heaven only.
(d) On earth only.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Betty watches the people of earth going about their daily lives, what does she see above them?
2. Betty agrees to return to earth after being shown her mission, which:
3. In the garden, Betty recognizes the spirits as what?
4. With the "ripple effect," any act of cruelty or kindness does what?
5. When the spirits in heaven show Betty a drunken man on earth, what does she first see in this person?
Short Essay Questions
1. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
2. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
3. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
4. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
5. Summarize what Betty writes about expressing gratitude in prayer.
6. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
7. What is the purpose of the lessons we learn during our time on earth?
8. Who joins Betty in the garden?
9. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
10. Summarize what Betty says about what we can take with us from this life to the spirit world.
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)