|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of the spirits who come into the garden wearing?
(b) Soft pastel gowns.
(c) Bold blue capes.
2. At the beginning of the book's last chapter, who comes into Betty's home?
(a) An NDE researcher.
(b) A foster child.
(c) A long-lost aunt.
(d) An estranged sister.
3. Why do some spirits choose not to come to earth?
(a) They choose to act as guardian angels instead.
(b) They're more comfortable where they are.
(c) They don't want to bother.
(d) They know they'd fail.
4. What happens once Betty makes the decision to return to earth?
(a) Angels surround her.
(b) She begins to weep with regret.
(c) The council applauds her.
(d) Her grandmother hugs her.
5. In many instances, our earth family members and friends are:
(a) Learning exactly the same lessons we are.
(b) Beings from other planets.
(c) Spirits we bonded with.
(d) Former guardian angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty says that after we live our lives here on earth and are reunited in heaven:
2. Who appears next to Betty right before her life review?
3. Initially, Betty think the spirits who've gathered in the garden have come:
4. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
5. With the "ripple effect," any act of cruelty or kindness does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what Betty writes about expressing gratitude in prayer.
2. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
3. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
4. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
5. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
6. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
7. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
8. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
9. After sinking further into self-pity upon returning to earth, Betty is saved by what?
10. Summarize what Betty says about what we can take with us from this life to the spirit world.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)