|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the drunken man help the attorney?
(a) By hardening the attorney's heart.
(b) As a teacher of compassion.
(c) By serving as his client.
(d) Showing the attorney he should never drink.
2. Betty says that regardless of whether someone is great or small, talented or handicapped, sinner or saint, in the spirit world:
(a) Nobody is good enough.
(b) All have sinned.
(c) Nobody cares.
(d) All are equal and precious.
3. After the spirits show Betty who the drunken man really is, what does Betty see?
(a) A magnificent man full of light.
(b) A man tormented by demons.
(c) Someone stuck in the first level of spiritual growth.
(d) Someone she hopes to never meet.
4. What do those gathered at Betty's farewell from the spirit world begin to do?
(a) Recite a memorized poem.
(b) Sing spontaneously.
(c) Dance with her.
(d) Bring her gifts.
5. How is Betty protected against the frightening entities she sees after returning to her body?
(a) By an invisible wall of electricity.
(b) Arrows of light pierce the entities.
(c) By a huge dome of light.
(d) Twelve angels chase the entities away.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Betty watches the people of earth going about their daily lives, what does she see above them?
2. Who appears next to Betty right before her life review?
3. Betty says that wherever she traveled in the spiritual world, she always felt what?
4. When the spirits in heaven show Betty a drunken man on earth, what does she first see in this person?
5. What does Betty realize about her adoptive child by the time the little girl is two-and-a-half years old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what Betty says about what we can take with us from this life to the spirit world.
2. What does Betty say about being God's children?
3. What does Betty conclude at the end of the book?
4. How does Betty compare her death to a graduation?
5. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
6. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
7. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
8. Why does Betty meet with a council of twelve men?
9. Describe what Betty writes about the spirits waiting to come to earth.
10. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)