|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
(a) Back through the tunnel.
(b) Riding a beam of light.
(c) Escorted by a thousand silver angels.
(d) By simply finding herself back in the hospital room.
2. As Betty watches the people of earth going about their daily lives, what does she see above them?
(c) Clouds of confusion.
3. How can the angels tell which of our prayers are more urgent?
(a) They're lifted up by red balloons.
(b) They flap more intensely.
(c) They are brighter.
(d) They are louder.
4. What does Betty force herself to participate in some time after returning to her body in order to enjoy life again?
(a) Her children's activities.
(b) Community theater.
(c) Bungee jumping.
(d) Deep sea fishing.
5. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A baby.
(c) A sister.
(d) Her oldest son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty states that even though she and Joe help their adult children through painful moments, they can never:
2. In the garden, Betty recognizes the spirits as what?
3. How is Betty protected against the frightening entities she sees after returning to her body?
4. Betty agrees to return to earth after being shown her mission, which:
5. What does Betty experience after her spirit slips back into her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mystery is solved in this chapter?
2. Summarize what Betty writes about expressing gratitude in prayer.
3. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
4. Describe how Betty feels upon returning to her body.
5. Why does Betty meet with a council of twelve men?
6. How does Betty react to what the council of men has to say to her?
7. What does Betty say about other worlds?
8. Through the love she experiences as she bids farewell to the heavenly realm, what does Betty conclude regarding the significance of each soul?
9. Who joins Betty in the garden?
10. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)