|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the spirit world, what does Betty learn about the role of love?
(a) Love is blind.
(b) Love enables us to be perfect judges.
(c) Love is supreme, and without it we are nothing.
(d) Love enables us to see clearly the hearts of people.
2. What attributes does Betty especially appreciate about Joe, her second husband?
(a) Humor and assertiveness.
(b) Knowledge and creativity.
(c) Tenderness and patience.
(d) Charisma and confidence.
3. At the hospital, what does Betty fear prior to her procedure?
(a) Feeling pain during the procedure.
(b) Being abandoned by her husband.
(c) Dying on the operating table.
(d) Having insufficient funds to cover the procedure.
4. At the age of 31, Betty was mother to how many children?
5. When Betty is taken to a large room that resembles a library, what's conspicuously missing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of a person communicates with God, receiving knowledge and insight from him?
2. Despite feeling blessed by her husband and their children, what does Betty say was still missing from her life?
3. This book is about a:
4. What happens after Betty's spirit hears a deep rumbling, rushing sound?
5. When Betty was a child, what did her family life lack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Betty use symbolism in this chapter?
2. What is the purpose of the lessons we learn during our time on earth?
3. How does Betty use imagery in this chapter to convey the essence of the garden she visits?
4. What does the experience of being a rose teach Betty?
5. A pinpoint of light appears at the end of the tunnel. As she gets closer, what does Betty see within the light?
6. Explain the "natural consequence" nature of the laws Jesus shares with Betty.
7. What does Betty say about other worlds?
8. Who is the baby Betty and her husband adopt, and how is it that Betty already knows her?
9. What happens after Betty makes her decision before the council of men?
10. Explain how knowledge is acquired in the heavenly library Betty visits.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)