|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betty realizes that many of her illnesses were the result of what?
(a) Smoking and drinking.
(b) Being hypocritical and dishonest.
(c) Eating too much sugar and fat.
(d) Negative self-talk and feeling unloved.
2. This book is about a:
(a) Malpractice suit.
(b) Religious conversion.
(c) Drug-induced hallucination.
(d) Near-death experience.
3. As she reaches her destination after traveling through the swirling black mass, Betty sees:
(a) A multi-colored garden with effervescent waterfalls.
(b) The figure of a man, with light radiating all around.
(c) Three beings waving at her.
(d) A brilliant crystal city bathed in light.
4. What happens after Betty's spirit hears a deep rumbling, rushing sound?
(a) Her human doctor walks into the room.
(b) She is drawn up gently.
(c) She falls into a comfortable sleep.
(d) Her ministering angels wave and fly away.
5. What term does Betty use to describe the waters in the garden?
(a) Living waters.
(b) Playful waters.
(c) Dancing waters.
(d) Singing waters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the garden, Betty realizes that everything has its own life, purpose, and:
2. What treatment is Betty about to have as the story opens?
3. What does Betty say about her husband and their children?
4. Betty says that Jesus' relationship to her was like what?
5. How does Betty recognize the one who embraces her in heaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before this particular hospital stay where she is scheduled for a partial hysterectomy, Betty was admitted to the hospital for another reason. What was that reason?
2. At the moment that she feels her body go lifeless, what happens to her spirit?
3. Explain what Betty means in her discussion of sins against the flesh.
4. Compare and contrast Betty's first and second marriages.
5. Describe the garden setting.
6. How does Betty feel at night as she recovers at the hospital following her surgery?
7. Who is the man within the light?
8. Describe Betty's otherworldly experience of immersing herself in a rose.
9. After seeing Jesus face to face, how does Betty's perspective of him change?
10. What are the laws described in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)