|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears next to Betty right before her life review?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) The three monks.
2. How can the angels tell which of our prayers are more urgent?
(a) They flap more intensely.
(b) They are louder.
(c) They are brighter.
(d) They're lifted up by red balloons.
3. When Betty meets with the surgeon who had performed her partial hysterectomy, she learns that:
(a) She had died.
(b) She was incoherent after the surgery.
(c) He also saw her spirit guides.
(d) There were no complications.
4. What does the council of men tell Betty?
(a) She's not due to be back in the spirit world for another thirty years.
(b) She's ended up in the wrong realm
(c) She has an important message to take back to the president.
(d) Her death was too early and she must go back.
5. In heaven, Betty is told that when a person dies traumatically, the spirit leaves the body:
(c) Through the top of the head.
(d) Without looking back.
6. Betty states that even though there are those who are different from us, we must be willing to:
(a) Uphold our religious viewpoints.
(b) Fight when action is called for.
(c) Show them how wrong they are.
(d) Accept all others.
7. Betty states that even though she and Joe help their adult children through painful moments, they can never:
(a) Offer advice.
(b) Live their lives for them.
(c) Go back to how things were.
(d) Replace guardian angels.
8. When the spirits in heaven show Betty a drunken man on earth, what does she first see in this person?
(a) The face of Jesus in the man.
(b) A remarkable soul and an enlightened spirit.
(c) A drunken bum lying in his wallow.
(d) A man beat up by the cruelty on earth.
9. Initially, Betty think the spirits who've gathered in the garden have come:
(a) To review her life.
(b) For a church ceremony.
(c) For a graduation party.
(d) To protect her.
10. How does the drunken man help the attorney?
(a) By hardening the attorney's heart.
(b) Showing the attorney he should never drink.
(c) By serving as his client.
(d) As a teacher of compassion.
11. What does Betty say about a mother's prayers for her children?
(a) Sometimes they're a little selfish.
(b) These please God the most.
(c) They are always tended to by spirits who used to be mothers.
(d) These are the greatest prayers.
12. How long does it take Betty to finally agree to share her otherworldly experiences in a book?
(a) Thirty-six years.
(b) Nineteen years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Two years.
13. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
(a) A sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her oldest son.
(d) A baby.
14. Betty sees prayers coming from earth as what?
(a) Beacons of light.
(b) Prayer flags.
(c) Scrolls tied to balloons.
(d) Whispers in the wind.
15. As Betty prepares to leave heaven, she realizes that:
(a) She may choose to go to another realm when she returns.
(b) She's seen only a tiny portion of heaven.
(c) She's seen everything there is to see in heaven.
(d) She forgot to ask some very important questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the book's last chapter, who comes into Betty's home?
2. Betty says that after we live our lives here on earth and are reunited in heaven:
3. Betty says that the only thing we can take with us from our earthly lives is:
4. The author states that we should ask in humility and receive in:
5. How long does Betty say she spent visiting many of God's creations?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)