|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Betty finds herself at the center of much adoration, she realizes that every soul is:
(a) Of infinite worth.
(b) Able to sing.
(c) A tiny pebble in a large sea.
2. What do the spirits begin to do once they've gathered around Betty in the garden?
(a) Greet her.
(c) Lecture her.
3. What does Betty say fills the vastness of space?
4. Betty states that even though she and Joe help their adult children through painful moments, they can never:
(a) Offer advice.
(b) Replace guardian angels.
(c) Go back to how things were.
(d) Live their lives for them.
5. How long does Betty say she spent visiting many of God's creations?
(b) Months, even years.
(c) Weeks, even months.
6. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
(a) Her oldest son.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A sister.
(d) A baby.
7. Betty says that regardless of whether someone is great or small, talented or handicapped, sinner or saint, in the spirit world:
(a) All are equal and precious.
(b) All have sinned.
(c) Nobody cares.
(d) Nobody is good enough.
8. What happens once Betty makes the decision to return to earth?
(a) Angels surround her.
(b) Her grandmother hugs her.
(c) The council applauds her.
(d) She begins to weep with regret.
9. What does Betty experience after her spirit slips back into her body?
(a) Pain, sickness, and electric shocks.
(b) Disorientation and vertigo.
(c) Calm, strength, and tremendous energy.
(d) Bliss and joy.
10. Betty agrees to return to earth after being shown her mission, which:
(a) Was the most important mission she'd ever heard.
(b) Now serves as her day to day blueprint.
(c) She realized she could complete easily.
(d) Was removed from her memory before her return.
11. How can the angels tell which of our prayers are more urgent?
(a) They are brighter.
(b) They flap more intensely.
(c) They are louder.
(d) They're lifted up by red balloons.
12. When Betty meets with the surgeon who had performed her partial hysterectomy, she learns that:
(a) There were no complications.
(b) She was incoherent after the surgery.
(c) She had died.
(d) He also saw her spirit guides.
13. What impresses Betty most about spirits in their pre-mortal existence?
(a) How timid they are.
(b) Their beauty and glory.
(c) Their wit and bravado.
(d) How transparent they are.
14. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
(a) Back through the tunnel.
(b) Escorted by a thousand silver angels.
(c) By simply finding herself back in the hospital room.
(d) Riding a beam of light.
15. What does the council of men tell Betty?
(a) She's ended up in the wrong realm
(b) She has an important message to take back to the president.
(c) Her death was too early and she must go back.
(d) She's not due to be back in the spirit world for another thirty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Betty say that on earth, we can't judge people accurately?
2. Betty sees prayers coming from earth as what?
3. With her difficult adjustment back into her body, how does Betty feel after her return to earth?
4. How is Betty protected against the frightening entities she sees after returning to her body?
5. Betty learns that our earthly prayers for others can benefit those:
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)