|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betty states that even though she and Joe help their adult children through painful moments, they can never:
(a) Go back to how things were.
(b) Offer advice.
(c) Replace guardian angels.
(d) Live their lives for them.
2. How long does Betty say she spent visiting many of God's creations?
(b) Weeks, even months.
(c) Months, even years.
3. In the garden, Betty recognizes the spirits as what?
(b) Grandparents, aunts, and uncles.
(c) Security guards.
4. What do the spirits begin to do once they've gathered around Betty in the garden?
(a) Lecture her.
(c) Greet her.
5. Can our prayers help our friends and family members?
(a) Only friends.
(c) Only close family members.
6. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A sister.
(c) A baby.
(d) Her oldest son.
7. What does the council of men tell Betty?
(a) Her death was too early and she must go back.
(b) She's not due to be back in the spirit world for another thirty years.
(c) She has an important message to take back to the president.
(d) She's ended up in the wrong realm
8. What are some of the spirits who come into the garden wearing?
(b) Soft pastel gowns.
(d) Bold blue capes.
9. How does Betty travel to other worlds, galaxies, and realms?
(a) Via a large, comfortable spaceship.
(b) Travelling through another tunnel.
(c) Teleporting instantaneously.
(d) Floating at incredible speeds through space.
10. Why do some spirits choose not to come to earth?
(a) They don't want to bother.
(b) They choose to act as guardian angels instead.
(c) They're more comfortable where they are.
(d) They know they'd fail.
11. Betty says that regardless of whether someone is great or small, talented or handicapped, sinner or saint, in the spirit world:
(a) All have sinned.
(b) All are equal and precious.
(c) Nobody cares.
(d) Nobody is good enough.
12. Where in the spiritual realm does Betty meet with the council of men?
(a) Alongside a meandering creek.
(b) Small amphitheater in the garden.
(c) Top of a sleek tower.
(d) Room of a large building.
13. Betty says that the only thing we can take with us from our earthly lives is:
(a) Our names.
(b) The good we've done for others.
(c) The personalities we developed.
(d) The fame and notoriety we earned.
14. Betty agrees to return to earth after being shown her mission, which:
(a) Was the most important mission she'd ever heard.
(b) She realized she could complete easily.
(c) Was removed from her memory before her return.
(d) Now serves as her day to day blueprint.
15. What impresses Betty most about spirits in their pre-mortal existence?
(a) How timid they are.
(b) Their wit and bravado.
(c) Their beauty and glory.
(d) How transparent they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the drunken man help the attorney?
2. As Betty prepares to leave heaven, she realizes that:
3. What entities frighten Betty after she returns to her body?
4. What happens once Betty makes the decision to return to earth?
5. What does Betty say fills the vastness of space?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)