|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the spirits begin to do once they've gathered around Betty in the garden?
(c) Greet her.
(d) Lecture her.
2. When Betty sees spirits eagerly awaiting their turn on earth, she notes that they regard life on earth as what?
(d) A thrill ride.
3. Why does the surgeon cry after talking to Betty about her near-death experience?
(a) He's worried she will sue.
(b) Her story gives him hope.
(c) He feels badly that she died under his care.
(d) He's afraid she's gone mad.
4. Who appears next to Betty right before her life review?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) The three monks.
5. What saves Betty from the condition she finds herself in after returning to her body?
(a) Another hospital stay.
(b) Strong medications.
(c) A mystical experience.
(d) Love for her family.
6. Betty says that after we live our lives here on earth and are reunited in heaven:
(a) We forget almost everything.
(b) We're ready to come right back to earth.
(c) Everyone has to be debriefed.
(d) Pain is washed away.
7. What do those gathered at Betty's farewell from the spirit world begin to do?
(a) Sing spontaneously.
(b) Recite a memorized poem.
(c) Bring her gifts.
(d) Dance with her.
8. Betty states that even though there are those who are different from us, we must be willing to:
(a) Fight when action is called for.
(b) Uphold our religious viewpoints.
(c) Accept all others.
(d) Show them how wrong they are.
9. How can the angels tell which of our prayers are more urgent?
(a) They're lifted up by red balloons.
(b) They flap more intensely.
(c) They are louder.
(d) They are brighter.
10. Once we release our sincere prayers, what are we to do?
(a) Go to a church and pray.
(b) Repeat them over and over again.
(c) Let go and trust God.
(d) Say them again loudly.
11. Shortly after Betty returns to her body, she finds comfort from the spiritual world through:
(a) Her monk friends.
(b) Her grandmother.
(d) Seven angels.
12. What does Betty say about a mother's prayers for her children?
(a) These please God the most.
(b) These are the greatest prayers.
(c) They are always tended to by spirits who used to be mothers.
(d) Sometimes they're a little selfish.
13. With the "ripple effect," any act of cruelty or kindness does what?
(a) Is either condemned or cheered in the spirit world.
(b) Blends with other acts until they're all indistinguishable.
(c) Fades off into oblivion.
(d) Returns to the one who originally performed the act.
14. With her difficult adjustment back into her body, how does Betty feel after her return to earth?
15. In many instances, our earth family members and friends are:
(a) Former guardian angels.
(b) Learning exactly the same lessons we are.
(c) Beings from other planets.
(d) Spirits we bonded with.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the book's last chapter, who comes into Betty's home?
2. How much time elapses before Betty decides to return to the hospital and meet with the surgeon who had done her procedure?
3. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
4. Betty agrees to return to earth after being shown her mission, which:
5. What does the council of men tell Betty?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)