|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betty states that even though there are those who are different from us, we must be willing to:
(a) Show them how wrong they are.
(b) Fight when action is called for.
(c) Accept all others.
(d) Uphold our religious viewpoints.
2. How does the drunken man help the attorney?
(a) By serving as his client.
(b) As a teacher of compassion.
(c) By hardening the attorney's heart.
(d) Showing the attorney he should never drink.
3. When Betty sees spirits eagerly awaiting their turn on earth, she notes that they regard life on earth as what?
(a) A thrill ride.
4. In conclusion, what does Betty say we are here on earth to do?
(a) Ponder our existence.
(b) Work very hard.
(c) Love one another.
(d) Live it up.
5. Why does Betty say that on earth, we can't judge people accurately?
(a) We don't have the knowledge.
(b) We're swayed too easily one way or another.
(c) We're too gullible.
(d) We're too mean.
6. Betty learns that our earthly prayers for others can benefit those:
(a) On earth only.
(b) In heaven only.
(c) On earth and in heaven.
(d) Whom we know personally, but not others.
7. How does Betty travel to other worlds, galaxies, and realms?
(a) Travelling through another tunnel.
(b) Via a large, comfortable spaceship.
(c) Floating at incredible speeds through space.
(d) Teleporting instantaneously.
8. How can the angels tell which of our prayers are more urgent?
(a) They flap more intensely.
(b) They're lifted up by red balloons.
(c) They are brighter.
(d) They are louder.
9. How much time elapses before Betty decides to return to the hospital and meet with the surgeon who had done her procedure?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
10. What does Betty force herself to participate in some time after returning to her body in order to enjoy life again?
(a) Deep sea fishing.
(b) Bungee jumping.
(c) Her children's activities.
(d) Community theater.
11. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
(a) Escorted by a thousand silver angels.
(b) Back through the tunnel.
(c) By simply finding herself back in the hospital room.
(d) Riding a beam of light.
12. When Betty meets with the surgeon who had performed her partial hysterectomy, she learns that:
(a) He also saw her spirit guides.
(b) She was incoherent after the surgery.
(c) There were no complications.
(d) She had died.
13. When the spirits in heaven show Betty a drunken man on earth, what does she first see in this person?
(a) A remarkable soul and an enlightened spirit.
(b) A drunken bum lying in his wallow.
(c) A man beat up by the cruelty on earth.
(d) The face of Jesus in the man.
14. Betty says that wherever she traveled in the spiritual world, she always felt what?
(a) The pull of her family bringing her back.
(b) The protection of benevolent spirits.
(c) Like a stranger in a strange land.
(d) Comforting presence of God's love.
15. As Betty finds herself at the center of much adoration, she realizes that every soul is:
(a) A tiny pebble in a large sea.
(b) Able to sing.
(c) Of infinite worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the book's last chapter, who comes into Betty's home?
2. What saves Betty from the condition she finds herself in after returning to her body?
3. Betty sees prayers coming from earth as what?
4. Betty says that regardless of whether someone is great or small, talented or handicapped, sinner or saint, in the spirit world:
5. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)