|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betty learns that as spirits preparing to come to earth, we choose many of our weaknesses and challenges in order to what?
(a) Complement strengths.
(c) Be more balanced.
2. Betty says that wherever she traveled in the spiritual world, she always felt what?
(a) The pull of her family bringing her back.
(b) Comforting presence of God's love.
(c) Like a stranger in a strange land.
(d) The protection of benevolent spirits.
3. What is Betty's first impression of her body upon her return to earth?
(a) Barely recognizable.
(b) Utterly beautiful.
(c) Warm and inviting.
(d) Cold and heavy.
4. Shortly after Betty returns to her body, she finds comfort from the spiritual world through:
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Seven angels.
(c) Her monk friends.
5. The author states that we should ask in humility and receive in:
6. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
(a) Escorted by a thousand silver angels.
(b) By simply finding herself back in the hospital room.
(c) Riding a beam of light.
(d) Back through the tunnel.
7. Once we release our sincere prayers, what are we to do?
(a) Go to a church and pray.
(b) Repeat them over and over again.
(c) Let go and trust God.
(d) Say them again loudly.
8. Can our prayers help our friends and family members?
(b) Only close family members.
(c) Only friends.
9. In the other worlds that Betty visits, what kind of people does she see?
(a) Quiet, tall, and intuitive.
(b) Fun-loving, petite, and childlike.
(c) Warring and primitive.
(d) Loving and intelligent.
10. What does Betty hear in space?
(a) Chaotic music.
(b) Swoosh of comets passing by.
(c) Loud drumbeats.
(d) Healing cosmic melody.
11. How does the drunken man help the attorney?
(a) As a teacher of compassion.
(b) By serving as his client.
(c) By hardening the attorney's heart.
(d) Showing the attorney he should never drink.
12. What do the spirits begin to do once they've gathered around Betty in the garden?
(a) Lecture her.
(b) Greet her.
13. In conclusion, what does Betty say we are here on earth to do?
(a) Love one another.
(b) Ponder our existence.
(c) Live it up.
(d) Work very hard.
14. Why does the surgeon cry after talking to Betty about her near-death experience?
(a) He's afraid she's gone mad.
(b) He's worried she will sue.
(c) Her story gives him hope.
(d) He feels badly that she died under his care.
15. Initially, Betty think the spirits who've gathered in the garden have come:
(a) For a graduation party.
(b) For a church ceremony.
(c) To review her life.
(d) To protect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty realize about her adoptive child by the time the little girl is two-and-a-half years old?
2. Betty states that even though there are those who are different from us, we must be willing to:
3. What does Betty say about a mother's prayers for her children?
4. What do those gathered at Betty's farewell from the spirit world begin to do?
5. What does Betty say fills the vastness of space?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)