|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, Betty think the spirits who've gathered in the garden have come:
(a) For a church ceremony.
(b) To review her life.
(c) To protect her.
(d) For a graduation party.
2. How does Betty travel to other worlds, galaxies, and realms?
(a) Teleporting instantaneously.
(b) Via a large, comfortable spaceship.
(c) Floating at incredible speeds through space.
(d) Travelling through another tunnel.
3. The author states that we should ask in humility and receive in:
4. With the "ripple effect," any act of cruelty or kindness does what?
(a) Returns to the one who originally performed the act.
(b) Blends with other acts until they're all indistinguishable.
(c) Is either condemned or cheered in the spirit world.
(d) Fades off into oblivion.
5. Shortly after Betty returns to her body, she finds comfort from the spiritual world through:
(b) Seven angels.
(c) Her monk friends.
(d) Her grandmother.
6. Betty states that even though there are those who are different from us, we must be willing to:
(a) Accept all others.
(b) Uphold our religious viewpoints.
(c) Show them how wrong they are.
(d) Fight when action is called for.
7. What does Betty experience after her spirit slips back into her body?
(a) Calm, strength, and tremendous energy.
(b) Bliss and joy.
(c) Pain, sickness, and electric shocks.
(d) Disorientation and vertigo.
8. In many instances, our earth family members and friends are:
(a) Former guardian angels.
(b) Spirits we bonded with.
(c) Learning exactly the same lessons we are.
(d) Beings from other planets.
9. How long does it take Betty to finally agree to share her otherworldly experiences in a book?
(a) Nineteen years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Thirty-six years.
(d) Two years.
10. How does the drunken man help the attorney?
(a) As a teacher of compassion.
(b) By serving as his client.
(c) Showing the attorney he should never drink.
(d) By hardening the attorney's heart.
11. What do those gathered at Betty's farewell from the spirit world begin to do?
(a) Dance with her.
(b) Bring her gifts.
(c) Sing spontaneously.
(d) Recite a memorized poem.
12. As Betty prepares to leave heaven, she realizes that:
(a) She may choose to go to another realm when she returns.
(b) She's seen only a tiny portion of heaven.
(c) She forgot to ask some very important questions.
(d) She's seen everything there is to see in heaven.
13. Betty says that wherever she traveled in the spiritual world, she always felt what?
(a) The protection of benevolent spirits.
(b) The pull of her family bringing her back.
(c) Comforting presence of God's love.
(d) Like a stranger in a strange land.
14. What do the spirits begin to do once they've gathered around Betty in the garden?
(a) Lecture her.
(c) Greet her.
15. What happens once Betty makes the decision to return to earth?
(a) Her grandmother hugs her.
(b) The council applauds her.
(c) Angels surround her.
(d) She begins to weep with regret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves Betty from the condition she finds herself in after returning to her body?
2. What does Betty force herself to participate in some time after returning to her body in order to enjoy life again?
3. How can the angels tell which of our prayers are more urgent?
4. Why does the surgeon cry after talking to Betty about her near-death experience?
5. What does Betty say fills the vastness of space?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)