|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What entities frighten Betty after she returns to her body?
(c) Dark shadows.
2. What does Betty say fills the vastness of space?
3. Who appears next to Betty right before her life review?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) The three monks.
4. How does the drunken man help the attorney?
(a) By hardening the attorney's heart.
(b) Showing the attorney he should never drink.
(c) By serving as his client.
(d) As a teacher of compassion.
5. As Betty finds herself at the center of much adoration, she realizes that every soul is:
(a) A tiny pebble in a large sea.
(b) Able to sing.
(d) Of infinite worth.
6. What is Betty's first impression of her body upon her return to earth?
(a) Warm and inviting.
(b) Barely recognizable.
(c) Utterly beautiful.
(d) Cold and heavy.
7. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
(a) Her oldest son.
(b) A baby.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A sister.
8. Betty says that after we live our lives here on earth and are reunited in heaven:
(a) We forget almost everything.
(b) We're ready to come right back to earth.
(c) Pain is washed away.
(d) Everyone has to be debriefed.
9. What does Betty say about a mother's prayers for her children?
(a) These please God the most.
(b) They are always tended to by spirits who used to be mothers.
(c) Sometimes they're a little selfish.
(d) These are the greatest prayers.
10. Betty learns that our earthly prayers for others can benefit those:
(a) Whom we know personally, but not others.
(b) On earth and in heaven.
(c) On earth only.
(d) In heaven only.
11. Initially, Betty think the spirits who've gathered in the garden have come:
(a) For a church ceremony.
(b) To protect her.
(c) To review her life.
(d) For a graduation party.
12. What does Betty force herself to participate in some time after returning to her body in order to enjoy life again?
(a) Community theater.
(b) Deep sea fishing.
(c) Bungee jumping.
(d) Her children's activities.
13. With her difficult adjustment back into her body, how does Betty feel after her return to earth?
14. Why does the surgeon cry after talking to Betty about her near-death experience?
(a) Her story gives him hope.
(b) He's worried she will sue.
(c) He's afraid she's gone mad.
(d) He feels badly that she died under his care.
15. What does Betty experience after her spirit slips back into her body?
(a) Pain, sickness, and electric shocks.
(b) Bliss and joy.
(c) Disorientation and vertigo.
(d) Calm, strength, and tremendous energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In heaven, Betty is told that when a person dies traumatically, the spirit leaves the body:
2. Why does Betty say that on earth, we can't judge people accurately?
3. How is Betty protected against the frightening entities she sees after returning to her body?
4. Betty says that the only thing we can take with us from our earthly lives is:
5. How long does it take Betty to finally agree to share her otherworldly experiences in a book?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)