|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In conclusion, what does Betty say we are here on earth to do?
(a) Love one another.
(b) Ponder our existence.
(c) Live it up.
(d) Work very hard.
2. How is Betty protected against the frightening entities she sees after returning to her body?
(a) By an invisible wall of electricity.
(b) Arrows of light pierce the entities.
(c) By a huge dome of light.
(d) Twelve angels chase the entities away.
3. How does Betty react to what the council of men tells her?
(a) With utter shock.
(b) With much resistance.
(c) With complete acceptance.
(d) With great joy.
4. What impresses Betty most about spirits in their pre-mortal existence?
(a) How timid they are.
(b) Their wit and bravado.
(c) Their beauty and glory.
(d) How transparent they are.
5. Betty learns that our earthly prayers for others can benefit those:
(a) On earth and in heaven.
(b) On earth only.
(c) Whom we know personally, but not others.
(d) In heaven only.
6. What happens once Betty makes the decision to return to earth?
(a) She begins to weep with regret.
(b) The council applauds her.
(c) Angels surround her.
(d) Her grandmother hugs her.
7. With the "ripple effect," any act of cruelty or kindness does what?
(a) Blends with other acts until they're all indistinguishable.
(b) Returns to the one who originally performed the act.
(c) Is either condemned or cheered in the spirit world.
(d) Fades off into oblivion.
8. How long does it take Betty to finally agree to share her otherworldly experiences in a book?
(a) Thirty-six years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Nineteen years.
(d) Seven years.
9. What is Betty's first impression of her body upon her return to earth?
(a) Cold and heavy.
(b) Warm and inviting.
(c) Barely recognizable.
(d) Utterly beautiful.
10. How does Betty travel to other worlds, galaxies, and realms?
(a) Via a large, comfortable spaceship.
(b) Travelling through another tunnel.
(c) Teleporting instantaneously.
(d) Floating at incredible speeds through space.
11. What does Betty force herself to participate in some time after returning to her body in order to enjoy life again?
(a) Her children's activities.
(b) Bungee jumping.
(c) Community theater.
(d) Deep sea fishing.
12. Can our prayers help our friends and family members?
(b) Only close family members.
(c) Only friends.
13. At the beginning of the book's last chapter, who comes into Betty's home?
(a) A foster child.
(b) A long-lost aunt.
(c) An estranged sister.
(d) An NDE researcher.
14. In the other worlds that Betty visits, what kind of people does she see?
(a) Quiet, tall, and intuitive.
(b) Fun-loving, petite, and childlike.
(c) Loving and intelligent.
(d) Warring and primitive.
15. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
(a) Back through the tunnel.
(b) Escorted by a thousand silver angels.
(c) By simply finding herself back in the hospital room.
(d) Riding a beam of light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the spirits begin to do once they've gathered around Betty in the garden?
2. What does Betty realize about her adoptive child by the time the little girl is two-and-a-half years old?
3. Betty agrees to return to earth after being shown her mission, which:
4. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
5. When Betty sees spirits eagerly awaiting their turn on earth, she notes that they regard life on earth as what?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)