|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
(a) Escorted by a thousand silver angels.
(b) By simply finding herself back in the hospital room.
(c) Riding a beam of light.
(d) Back through the tunnel.
2. Once we release our sincere prayers, what are we to do?
(a) Let go and trust God.
(b) Go to a church and pray.
(c) Repeat them over and over again.
(d) Say them again loudly.
3. What is Betty's first impression of her body upon her return to earth?
(a) Barely recognizable.
(b) Utterly beautiful.
(c) Warm and inviting.
(d) Cold and heavy.
4. Betty agrees to return to earth after being shown her mission, which:
(a) She realized she could complete easily.
(b) Now serves as her day to day blueprint.
(c) Was removed from her memory before her return.
(d) Was the most important mission she'd ever heard.
5. Why does the surgeon cry after talking to Betty about her near-death experience?
(a) He's worried she will sue.
(b) Her story gives him hope.
(c) He feels badly that she died under his care.
(d) He's afraid she's gone mad.
6. Betty learns that our earthly prayers for others can benefit those:
(a) On earth and in heaven.
(b) Whom we know personally, but not others.
(c) In heaven only.
(d) On earth only.
7. What does Betty experience after her spirit slips back into her body?
(a) Disorientation and vertigo.
(b) Calm, strength, and tremendous energy.
(c) Pain, sickness, and electric shocks.
(d) Bliss and joy.
8. At the beginning of the book's last chapter, who comes into Betty's home?
(a) An estranged sister.
(b) A long-lost aunt.
(c) An NDE researcher.
(d) A foster child.
9. When Betty meets with the surgeon who had performed her partial hysterectomy, she learns that:
(a) He also saw her spirit guides.
(b) There were no complications.
(c) She was incoherent after the surgery.
(d) She had died.
10. Why do some spirits choose not to come to earth?
(a) They're more comfortable where they are.
(b) They choose to act as guardian angels instead.
(c) They know they'd fail.
(d) They don't want to bother.
11. When Betty sees spirits eagerly awaiting their turn on earth, she notes that they regard life on earth as what?
(a) A thrill ride.
12. What does Betty hear in space?
(a) Loud drumbeats.
(b) Healing cosmic melody.
(c) Swoosh of comets passing by.
(d) Chaotic music.
13. Who appears next to Betty right before her life review?
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) The three monks.
14. What does Betty force herself to participate in some time after returning to her body in order to enjoy life again?
(a) Bungee jumping.
(b) Community theater.
(c) Her children's activities.
(d) Deep sea fishing.
15. When the spirits in heaven show Betty a drunken man on earth, what does she first see in this person?
(a) A drunken bum lying in his wallow.
(b) A man beat up by the cruelty on earth.
(c) A remarkable soul and an enlightened spirit.
(d) The face of Jesus in the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty states that even though there are those who are different from us, we must be willing to:
2. How can the angels tell which of our prayers are more urgent?
3. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
4. Shortly after Betty returns to her body, she finds comfort from the spiritual world through:
5. Can our prayers help our friends and family members?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)