|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author return to earth after traveling through the spirit world?
(a) Back through the tunnel.
(b) Escorted by a thousand silver angels.
(c) By simply finding herself back in the hospital room.
(d) Riding a beam of light.
2. Why does Betty say that on earth, we can't judge people accurately?
(a) We're too mean.
(b) We don't have the knowledge.
(c) We're too gullible.
(d) We're swayed too easily one way or another.
3. In the last chapter of the book, who does Betty miss terribly and pray for often?
(a) A baby.
(b) Her oldest son.
(c) A sister.
(d) Her mother.
4. Betty learns that as spirits preparing to come to earth, we choose many of our weaknesses and challenges in order to what?
(b) Be more balanced.
(c) Complement strengths.
5. What is Betty's first impression of her body upon her return to earth?
(a) Cold and heavy.
(b) Barely recognizable.
(c) Warm and inviting.
(d) Utterly beautiful.
6. When Betty sees spirits eagerly awaiting their turn on earth, she notes that they regard life on earth as what?
(c) A thrill ride.
7. When the spirits in heaven show Betty a drunken man on earth, what does she first see in this person?
(a) A remarkable soul and an enlightened spirit.
(b) The face of Jesus in the man.
(c) A drunken bum lying in his wallow.
(d) A man beat up by the cruelty on earth.
8. In heaven, Betty is told that when a person dies traumatically, the spirit leaves the body:
(a) Through the top of the head.
(d) Without looking back.
9. Once we release our sincere prayers, what are we to do?
(a) Go to a church and pray.
(b) Repeat them over and over again.
(c) Let go and trust God.
(d) Say them again loudly.
10. Initially, Betty think the spirits who've gathered in the garden have come:
(a) For a graduation party.
(b) To review her life.
(c) To protect her.
(d) For a church ceremony.
11. Shortly after Betty returns to her body, she finds comfort from the spiritual world through:
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her monk friends.
(d) Seven angels.
12. Betty learns that our earthly prayers for others can benefit those:
(a) On earth only.
(b) On earth and in heaven.
(c) Whom we know personally, but not others.
(d) In heaven only.
13. How long does Betty say she spent visiting many of God's creations?
(c) Months, even years.
(d) Weeks, even months.
14. How much time elapses before Betty decides to return to the hospital and meet with the surgeon who had done her procedure?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) One year.
15. What does Betty realize about her adoptive child by the time the little girl is two-and-a-half years old?
(a) Saving the child is Betty's mission.
(b) Betty has seen her before in spirit.
(c) The child is a musical prodigy.
(d) The girl is the incarnation of one of her monk friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty force herself to participate in some time after returning to her body in order to enjoy life again?
2. What do those gathered at Betty's farewell from the spirit world begin to do?
3. What does Betty hear in space?
4. How does Betty react to what the council of men tells her?
5. Can our prayers help our friends and family members?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)