|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After attending different churches and moving back in with her father, Betty has a frightening experience where she mistakes a carnival search light for what?
(a) The apocalypse.
(b) The second coming of Christ.
(c) A police helicopter sent to take her back to boarding school.
(d) A spaceship alien beam.
2. As she travels through the whirling black mass, Betty picks up speed to the point where she feels she's:
(a) Going to disintegrate.
(b) About to reach the end of the universe.
(c) Traveling faster than light speed.
(d) Entering a black hole.
3. The flowers that Betty sees in the garden in the spiritual world are:
(c) Colorful and translucent.
(d) Brown and shriveled.
4. As Betty takes a closer look at the cloth in the looms room, what does she notice?
(a) It is made of star dust and moon beams.
(b) People look at her suspiciously.
(c) It sparkles and is opaque on one side, transparent on the other.
(d) People are staring at her in awe, perplexed by her presence.
5. What does Betty see when she enters the looms room?
(a) Exotic rugs hanging from the ceiling.
(b) People working on ancient-looking looms.
(c) Rolls of cloth piled in a corner.
(d) Automatic, unattended looms, as in a factory.
6. When Betty's spirit looks upon her own body, she at once knows that:
(a) She'll be coming back.
(b) It's lifeless.
(c) She's too young to die.
(d) Her family will be devastated.
7. At the hospital, what does Betty fear prior to her procedure?
(a) Dying on the operating table.
(b) Feeling pain during the procedure.
(c) Having insufficient funds to cover the procedure.
(d) Being abandoned by her husband.
8. After watching television and falling asleep during the evening following her surgery, how does Betty feel when she wakes up?
(a) Depressed and confused.
(b) Light-headed, chilled, and weak.
(c) Feverish, clammy, and delirious.
(d) Giddy and talkative.
9. What fills the black mass Betty travels through?
(b) A rushing wind.
(d) A cool mist.
10. How does Betty describe sinning?
(a) Failing to understand a law.
(b) Breaking one of the ten commandments.
(c) Breaking one of the laws and going against the natural order.
(d) Using the laws to one's advantage.
11. What does Betty see running through the garden?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A river.
(c) A child.
(d) A sprite.
12. When Betty asks Jesus why there are so many religions, he replies that:
(a) People get confused and make up new ideas that become new religions.
(b) Different churches fulfill different needs people have at their respective levels of understanding.
(c) There are as many religions as there are species of plants and animals.
(d) Religion has little to do with truth and knowledge.
13. On the evening following her surgery, who does Betty call when she's feeling out of sorts?
(a) Her sister.
(b) The nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Her husband.
14. According to Betty, why are there positive and negative energies in our universe?
(a) These energies create chaos and disorder.
(b) These energies give us a chance to pick sides.
(c) These energies test us to see what we're really made of.
(d) Both are essential to creation and growth.
15. After her parents separate when Betty is four years old, where is she sent?
(a) Grandmother's house.
(b) Boarding school.
(d) Foster home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Feeling restless at the hospital as she awaits her procedure, what does Betty do?
2. Betty states that all creation begins where?
3. According to Betty, how can the spirit affect our own health?
4. After Joe and Betty marry, they move with their children to:
5. In the spirit world, what does Betty learn about the role of love?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)