|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Betty often approached God in prayer for answers when she was an adolescent, she felt that:
(a) Her prayers were insincere.
(b) God did not hear her.
(c) God did not care about her.
(d) Her prayers were insignificant.
2. After Joe and Betty marry, they move with their children to:
(a) Albuquerque, New Mexico.
(b) San Antonio, Texas.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
3. On the evening following her surgery, who does Betty call when she's feeling out of sorts?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The nurse.
4. Betty realizes that many of her illnesses were the result of what?
(a) Negative self-talk and feeling unloved.
(b) Eating too much sugar and fat.
(c) Smoking and drinking.
(d) Being hypocritical and dishonest.
5. How does Betty describe sinning?
(a) Breaking one of the ten commandments.
(b) Failing to understand a law.
(c) Using the laws to one's advantage.
(d) Breaking one of the laws and going against the natural order.
6. Betty states that she knew with a sure knowledge that Jesus would never do what?
(a) Speak firmly to anyone.
(b) Misuse his authority.
(c) Laugh at her jokes.
(d) Come back to earth again.
7. When Betty is taken to the garden, what does she see in the distance?
(a) Sparkling cities.
(b) Mountains, valleys, and rivers.
(c) Rainbows and the aurora borealis.
(d) A multitude of people.
8. As Betty takes a closer look at the cloth in the looms room, what does she notice?
(a) People look at her suspiciously.
(b) People are staring at her in awe, perplexed by her presence.
(c) It sparkles and is opaque on one side, transparent on the other.
(d) It is made of star dust and moon beams.
9. What does Betty become aware of within the black mass she travels through?
(a) Pulsating colors and sounds.
(b) Shooting comets.
(c) Angels guiding the way.
(d) Other people as well as animals.
10. When Betty experiences severe cramping, bleeding, and other complications during her seventh pregnancy, what do doctors advise?
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Go on round-the-clock bed rest.
(c) Start hormonal therapy.
(d) Deliver the baby early.
11. Betty says that in the spirit world, nobody is made to feel what?
12. What does Betty say about her beliefs regarding religion prior to her near-death experience?
(a) She became cynical.
(b) They remained uncertain for many years.
(c) She became agnostic.
(d) They were set in stone.
13. Who visits Betty after her procedure, even though she has no recollection of the visit?
(a) Her husband and some friends.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her two oldest children.
14. According to Betty, how can the spirit affect our own health?
(a) By shielding us from gamma rays.
(b) By giving the body strength to ward off illness.
(c) By removing impurities from our circulatory system.
(d) Through meditation and other stress relief activities.
15. After her parents separate when Betty is four years old, where is she sent?
(a) Foster home.
(c) Boarding school.
(d) Grandmother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flower attracts her more than any other in the garden?
2. What does Betty say about fear within the swirling black mass?
3. As Betty's spirit gazes upon her own lifeless body, who appears in the room with her?
4. What attributes does Betty especially appreciate about Joe, her second husband?
5. The author notices that people enjoy creating things in heaven, and she comes to understand that all things of importance are:
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)