|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treatment is Betty about to have as the story opens?
(a) Art therapy.
(b) Partial hysterectomy.
(c) Immune system therapy.
(d) Electric shock treatment.
2. To the spirit world, earth time is:
3. How does Betty describe her semi-private hospital room in which she recovers after surgery?
(a) Small but adequate.
(b) Cold and drafty.
(c) Drab and ugly.
(d) Loud but cheerful.
4. Although Betty often approached God in prayer for answers when she was an adolescent, she felt that:
(a) Her prayers were insignificant.
(b) God did not care about her.
(c) Her prayers were insincere.
(d) God did not hear her.
5. As Betty's spirit gazes upon her own lifeless body, who appears in the room with her?
(a) Seven women in pastel dresses.
(b) Two angels with wings.
(c) Three men in light brown robes.
(d) Six beings, each sporting a different rainbow color.
6. Betty notes that once we've identified an illness or a problem, we must start verbalizing what?
(a) Random prayers.
(b) Its cure.
(c) Our regrets.
(d) Saints' names.
7. As she arrives in the spiritual realm, who embraces her?
(a) A being radiating brilliant light.
(b) A person standing at a gate.
(c) A man in a brown robe.
(d) She can't see who it is.
8. Betty states that all creation begins where?
(a) In the mind.
(b) From emotions.
(c) At the center of the universe.
(d) From utter chaos.
9. When Betty's spirit looks upon her own body, she at once knows that:
(a) She'll be coming back.
(b) Her family will be devastated.
(c) She's too young to die.
(d) It's lifeless.
10. On the morning of Betty's hysterectomy, what does she experience after hearing the doctor ask, "Is she ready?"
(a) She has a panic attack.
(b) The room starts to spin wildly.
(c) Everything goes black.
(d) She has second thoughts.
11. What flower attracts her more than any other in the garden?
12. Betty explains that when people recognize the laws and learn how to use their positive and negative forces, they have access to:
(a) Wisdom and strength.
(b) Power beyond comprehension.
(c) Knowledge fit for a king.
(d) Secrets within man's heart.
13. According to Betty, how can the spirit affect our own health?
(a) Through meditation and other stress relief activities.
(b) By shielding us from gamma rays.
(c) By removing impurities from our circulatory system.
(d) By giving the body strength to ward off illness.
14. When Betty is taken to a large room that resembles a library, what's conspicuously missing?
15. What does Betty see running through the garden?
(a) A child.
(b) A sprite.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Betty feel inside the black mass?
2. Why does Betty need to have a partial hysterectomy?
3. After going to a few local churches, why do Betty, her husband, and their children stop attending?
4. Betty says that Jesus' relationship to her was like what?
5. Initially, what position does Betty find herself in as she travels through the large black mass?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)