|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betty states that she knew with a sure knowledge that Jesus would never do what?
(a) Come back to earth again.
(b) Laugh at her jokes.
(c) Speak firmly to anyone.
(d) Misuse his authority.
2. At the opening of the book, Betty Edie is in the hospital for:
(a) Flu complications.
(b) Psychiatric care.
(c) A nervous breakdown.
(d) A surgical procedure.
3. What part of a person communicates with God, receiving knowledge and insight from him?
4. After going to a few local churches, why do Betty, her husband, and their children stop attending?
(a) Betty started working on Sundays.
(b) They joined the YMCA instead.
(c) All the pastors were arrogant.
(d) The family does not feel satisfied in any of them.
5. How does Betty recognize the one who embraces her in heaven?
(a) From stories.
(b) Her spirit remembers.
(c) Her guardian angel tells her.
(d) From photographs.
6. How does Betty feel inside the black mass?
7. At the same time that her voyage through the black mass picks up speed, Betty feels greater:
(b) Peace and tranquility.
(c) Sense of purpose.
8. When she first experiences her spirit body and others appear in the room with her, what does Betty notice about their appearance and hers?
(a) Everyone looks very young.
(b) She can't see anyone's eyes.
(c) Everyone glows softly.
(d) She is taller than the other beings.
9. After attending different churches and moving back in with her father, Betty has a frightening experience where she mistakes a carnival search light for what?
(a) The apocalypse.
(b) The second coming of Christ.
(c) A police helicopter sent to take her back to boarding school.
(d) A spaceship alien beam.
10. How does Betty describe her semi-private hospital room in which she recovers after surgery?
(a) Cold and drafty.
(b) Small but adequate.
(c) Loud but cheerful.
(d) Drab and ugly.
11. Betty realizes that many of her illnesses were the result of what?
(a) Being hypocritical and dishonest.
(b) Negative self-talk and feeling unloved.
(c) Eating too much sugar and fat.
(d) Smoking and drinking.
12. When Betty emerges the swirling tunnel and enters the heavenly realm, what does she feel?
(a) Explosion of love.
(b) Peace beyond comprehension.
(c) Shame and humility.
(d) Cautious excitement.
13. After feeling her body become still and lifeless, what does Betty experience?
(d) Energy surge.
14. According to Betty, how can the spirit affect our own health?
(a) By giving the body strength to ward off illness.
(b) By shielding us from gamma rays.
(c) Through meditation and other stress relief activities.
(d) By removing impurities from our circulatory system.
15. When she was deathly sick with whooping cough and double pneumonia as a child, Betty had an otherworldly experience of finding herself cradled in the arms of:
(a) A man with a beautiful white beard.
(b) Three golden angels.
(c) Two radiant fairies.
(d) A woman with a sparkling blue dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty say about fear within the swirling black mass?
2. Feeling restless at the hospital as she awaits her procedure, what does Betty do?
3. The flowers that Betty sees in the garden in the spiritual world are:
4. How long did Betty's first marriage last?
5. As Betty continues to tour the heavenly realm, she feels as though she's traveling how long?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)