|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Betty's spirit looks upon her own body, she at once knows that:
(a) Her family will be devastated.
(b) It's lifeless.
(c) She's too young to die.
(d) She'll be coming back.
2. At the opening of the book, Betty Edie is in the hospital for:
(a) Flu complications.
(b) A nervous breakdown.
(c) Psychiatric care.
(d) A surgical procedure.
3. When Betty asks Jesus why there are so many religions, he replies that:
(a) There are as many religions as there are species of plants and animals.
(b) Different churches fulfill different needs people have at their respective levels of understanding.
(c) People get confused and make up new ideas that become new religions.
(d) Religion has little to do with truth and knowledge.
4. According to Betty, how can the spirit affect our own health?
(a) By giving the body strength to ward off illness.
(b) By removing impurities from our circulatory system.
(c) By shielding us from gamma rays.
(d) Through meditation and other stress relief activities.
5. After her parents separate when Betty is four years old, where is she sent?
(a) Boarding school.
(c) Foster home.
(d) Grandmother's house.
6. Betty explains that by living true to the laws that govern us, as explained to her by Jesus, we will be blessed even further and receive what?
(a) Extra points in heaven.
(b) Greater knowledge.
(c) Wealth beyond measure.
(d) Much praise.
7. On Betty's first day at Brainard Indian Training School, what sign did she read that left a lasting impression on her?
(a) Where there is no vision the people perish.
(b) No dreams, no hope.
(c) Look to the heavens for answers.
(d) With compassion all is possible.
8. How long did Betty's first marriage last?
(a) Six years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Three months.
9. As she arrives in the spiritual realm, who embraces her?
(a) A man in a brown robe.
(b) She can't see who it is.
(c) A person standing at a gate.
(d) A being radiating brilliant light.
10. In heaven, what is Betty told about her death?
(a) Someone else was supposed to die instead.
(b) It was the doctor's fault.
(c) Her family is missing her.
(d) It's premature.
11. Betty says that in the spirit world, nobody is made to feel what?
12. How does Betty receive knowledge while standing in the library in the spiritual realm?
(a) She absorbs the knowledge automatically.
(b) It is brought to her by robed attendants.
(c) She hears it over a loudspeaker.
(d) She watches a large picture screen.
13. After watching television and falling asleep during the evening following her surgery, how does Betty feel when she wakes up?
(a) Feverish, clammy, and delirious.
(b) Light-headed, chilled, and weak.
(c) Depressed and confused.
(d) Giddy and talkative.
14. What types of laws does Jesus discuss with Betty?
(a) Emotional and mental laws.
(b) Moral and ethical laws.
(c) Spiritual, physical, and universal laws.
(d) Crime and punishment laws.
15. After attending different churches and moving back in with her father, Betty has a frightening experience where she mistakes a carnival search light for what?
(a) The apocalypse.
(b) A police helicopter sent to take her back to boarding school.
(c) The second coming of Christ.
(d) A spaceship alien beam.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Betty describe her spirit body?
2. As Betty continues to tour the heavenly realm, she feels as though she's traveling how long?
3. Early in her second marriage, Betty wants to attend church to do what?
4. How does Betty feel inside the black mass?
5. The flowers that Betty sees in the garden in the spiritual world are:
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)