|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fills the black mass Betty travels through?
(a) A rushing wind.
(d) A cool mist.
2. What is the special flower in the garden doing when Betty first notices it?
(a) Swaying to music and singing praises.
(b) Speaking to her.
(c) Changing colors across the spectrum.
(d) Floating down the river.
3. Betty realizes that many of her illnesses were the result of what?
(a) Eating too much sugar and fat.
(b) Smoking and drinking.
(c) Negative self-talk and feeling unloved.
(d) Being hypocritical and dishonest.
4. According to Betty, why are there positive and negative energies in our universe?
(a) These energies test us to see what we're really made of.
(b) These energies create chaos and disorder.
(c) Both are essential to creation and growth.
(d) These energies give us a chance to pick sides.
5. What does Betty say about her beliefs regarding religion prior to her near-death experience?
(a) She became agnostic.
(b) She became cynical.
(c) They were set in stone.
(d) They remained uncertain for many years.
6. At the hospital, what does Betty fear prior to her procedure?
(a) Being abandoned by her husband.
(b) Feeling pain during the procedure.
(c) Dying on the operating table.
(d) Having insufficient funds to cover the procedure.
7. After attending different churches and moving back in with her father, Betty has a frightening experience where she mistakes a carnival search light for what?
(a) A police helicopter sent to take her back to boarding school.
(b) A spaceship alien beam.
(c) The second coming of Christ.
(d) The apocalypse.
8. When Betty experiences severe cramping, bleeding, and other complications during her seventh pregnancy, what do doctors advise?
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Go on round-the-clock bed rest.
(c) Deliver the baby early.
(d) Start hormonal therapy.
9. How does Betty "experience" the unique flower in the garden?
(a) Feeling the flower's presence around her.
(b) Smelling its sweet perfume.
(c) Having a conversation with it.
(d) Seeing it in multiple colors and poses.
10. On the morning of Betty's hysterectomy, what does she experience after hearing the doctor ask, "Is she ready?"
(a) She has a panic attack.
(b) Everything goes black.
(c) The room starts to spin wildly.
(d) She has second thoughts.
11. When does Betty find herself at the hospital as her narration begins?
(a) October 15, 1959.
(b) January 1, 2001.
(c) May 3, 1997.
(d) November 18, 1973.
12. What does Betty say are the two major energy forces in the universe?
(a) Kinetic and potential energy.
(b) Positive and negative energy.
(c) Electromagnetism and nuclear energy.
(d) Energy that attracts and energy that repels.
13. Upon experiencing significant complications during her seventh pregnancy, what does Betty decide to do?
(a) Take medications and hope for the best.
(b) Go on bed rest and have the baby.
(c) Have an abortion.
(d) Allow doctors to induce an early delivery.
14. The flowers that Betty sees in the garden in the spiritual world are:
(a) Brown and shriveled.
(c) Colorful and translucent.
15. In heaven, what is Betty told about her death?
(a) It was the doctor's fault.
(b) It's premature.
(c) Someone else was supposed to die instead.
(d) Her family is missing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Betty's spirit hears a deep rumbling, rushing sound?
2. At the hospital, Betty asks for a room with a window because ever since she was a child, she's had:
3. What process does Betty feel taking place within the whirling, moving mass?
4. Initially, what position does Betty find herself in as she travels through the large black mass?
5. In the spirit world, what does Betty learn about the role of love?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)