|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Second Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Feeling restless at the hospital as she awaits her procedure, what does Betty do?
(a) Reads her husband's letter.
(b) Knits a sweater.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Calls home.
2. What treatment is Betty about to have as the story opens?
(a) Immune system therapy.
(b) Partial hysterectomy.
(c) Art therapy.
(d) Electric shock treatment.
3. What is the outcome of Betty's partial hysterectomy procedure?
(a) Complications arise, and the procedure takes twice as long as expected.
(b) She is too weak, and the surgery is postponed.
(c) In the midst of surgery, doctors change course.
(d) The surgery is a success.
4. Early in her second marriage, Betty wants to attend church to do what?
(a) Bring stronger sense of religious beliefs to her family.
(b) Teach Sunday school and serve the homeless.
(c) Meet people and socialize.
(d) Satisfy her parents' wishes.
5. At the hospital, what does Betty fear prior to her procedure?
(a) Feeling pain during the procedure.
(b) Dying on the operating table.
(c) Being abandoned by her husband.
(d) Having insufficient funds to cover the procedure.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Betty was a child, what did her family life lack?
2. Who visits Betty after her procedure, even though she has no recollection of the visit?
3. Despite feeling blessed by her husband and their children, what does Betty say was still missing from her life?
4. Why does Betty need to have a partial hysterectomy?
5. Following her hysterectomy procedure, how does Betty feel at nine o'clock when a nurse brings her evening medication?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)