|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Second Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Betty find herself at the hospital as her narration begins?
(a) January 1, 2001.
(b) May 3, 1997.
(c) November 18, 1973.
(d) October 15, 1959.
2. Who visits Betty after her procedure, even though she has no recollection of the visit?
(a) Her husband and some friends.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her two oldest children.
(d) Her sister.
3. How long did Betty's first marriage last?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six years.
(d) Two years.
4. At the age of 31, Betty was mother to how many children?
5. At the opening of the book, Betty Edie is in the hospital for:
(a) Psychiatric care.
(b) A nervous breakdown.
(c) A surgical procedure.
(d) Flu complications.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Betty was a child, what did her family life lack?
2. After attending different churches and moving back in with her father, Betty has a frightening experience where she mistakes a carnival search light for what?
3. On the evening following her surgery, who does Betty call when she's feeling out of sorts?
4. What is the outcome of Betty's difficult seventh pregnancy?
5. When Betty experiences severe cramping, bleeding, and other complications during her seventh pregnancy, what do doctors advise?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)