Chapter 1, The First Night
1. This book is about a:
(a) Drug-induced hallucination.
(b) Near-death experience.
(c) Religious conversion.
(d) Malpractice suit.
2. At the opening of the book, Betty Edie is in the hospital for:
(a) A nervous breakdown.
(b) A surgical procedure.
(c) Flu complications.
(d) Psychiatric care.
3. When does Betty find herself at the hospital as her narration begins?
(a) January 1, 2001.
(b) November 18, 1973.
(c) October 15, 1959.
(d) May 3, 1997.
4. At the age of 31, Betty was mother to how many children?
5. What treatment is Betty about to have as the story opens?
(a) Partial hysterectomy.
(b) Electric shock treatment.
(c) Immune system therapy.
(d) Art therapy.
6. Betty's father is Scottish-Irish and her mother is:
7. After her parents separate when Betty is four years old, where is she sent?
(a) Grandmother's house.
(b) Boarding school.
(d) Foster home.
8. When she was deathly sick with whooping cough and double pneumonia as a child, Betty had an otherworldly experience of finding herself cradled in the arms of:
(a) Two radiant fairies.
(b) A woman with a sparkling blue dress.
(c) A man with a beautiful white beard.
(d) Three golden angels.
This section contains 5,381 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)