Chapter 1, The First Night
1. This book is about a:
(a) Religious conversion.
(b) Near-death experience.
(c) Malpractice suit.
(d) Drug-induced hallucination.
2. At the opening of the book, Betty Edie is in the hospital for:
(a) A surgical procedure.
(b) Psychiatric care.
(c) A nervous breakdown.
(d) Flu complications.
3. When does Betty find herself at the hospital as her narration begins?
(a) November 18, 1973.
(b) May 3, 1997.
(c) January 1, 2001.
(d) October 15, 1959.
4. At the age of 31, Betty was mother to how many children?
5. What treatment is Betty about to have as the story opens?
(a) Immune system therapy.
(b) Partial hysterectomy.
(c) Electric shock treatment.
(d) Art therapy.
6. Betty's father is Scottish-Irish and her mother is:
7. After her parents separate when Betty is four years old, where is she sent?
(a) Foster home.
(c) Boarding school.
(d) Grandmother's house.
8. When she was deathly sick with whooping cough and double pneumonia as a child, Betty had an otherworldly experience of finding herself cradled in the arms of:
(a) A woman with a sparkling blue dress.
(b) A man with a beautiful white beard.
(c) Two radiant fairies.
(d) Three golden angels.
This section contains 5,381 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)