Chapter 1, The First Night
• In this book, the author relates her near-death experience (NDE) and shares how it changed her life.
• Her experience begins at a hospital as she rests, awaiting surgery to undergo a partial hysterectomy.
• Alone in her hospital room, she begins to feel uneasy, but she thinks it has to do with being apart from her husband and their children.
• The feeling of dread she experiences reminds her of a childhood hospital stay.
• The author explains that her parents, a Scottish-Irish father and a Sioux Indian mother, separated when she was four years old.
• Betty and five of her siblings were then sent to a Catholic boarding school where students were mistreated.
• During her first winter at the school, Betty developed whooping cough and double pneumonia.
• She did not realize it then, but she had a near-death experience.
• Young Betty heard a doctor say that...
This section contains 3,217 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)