|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lizzie decide to use the Sneaker Clause?
2. What does Lizzie worry about when Sadie becomes a puppy?
3. What day of the week does Lizzie begin the Sneaker Clause?
4. What is Lizzie able to talk to her brother through?
5. What does Lizzie realize as she begins her journey on the Sneaker Clause?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Curtis ask of Lizzie in the healing center?
2. What does Lizzie do after speaking with Amadou?
3. How is Lizzie feeling when Andous comes to talk to her about the Sneaker Clause?
4. How is Lizzie able to have a chat with her brother?
5. What does Lizzie ask Owen's help with, and why?
6. What surprise does Lizzie get when she is 9 years old in Elsewhere?
7. How does Lizzie thank Owen for his help with Alvy?
8. Why do Owen and Emily break up?
9. Why does Owen abandon Jen?
10. What happens when Sadie becomes a puppy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)