|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Owen's wife live with a dog?
2. What did what Lizzie thought she saw on the surface turn out to really be?
3. How often does Owen visit the Observation Deck now?
4. Who gives Lizzie the chance to use the Sneaker Clause?
5. Who goes to stop Lizzie from using the Sneaker Clause?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lizzie thank Owen for his help with Alvy?
2. Why was it so hard for Curtis to believe in love when he got to Elsewhere?
3. Why does Owen choose to contact Alvy?
4. What does Curtis give to his new wife as a wedding present?
5. What does Owen tell Alvy when he contacts him?
6. Why does Owen abandon Jen?
7. How did Owen deal with his death when he first came to Elsewhere?
8. Why do Lizzie and Owen stop dating?
9. What does Curtis ask of Lizzie in the healing center?
10. Why does Lizzie choose to back out of the Sneaker Clause?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What is the most upsetting thing for Lizzie in her new life in Elsewhere, and how is this resolved?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the main rules of Elsewhere, and what affect do these have on the main characters?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)