|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Lizzie tries to escape the Sneaker Clause?
2. Who gives Lizzie the chance to use the Sneaker Clause?
3. Who goes to stop Lizzie from using the Sneaker Clause?
4. How does Lizzie find happiness in her death?
5. Why does Owen make contact with Alvy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Lizzie get after Sadie becomes a puppy?
2. What is so ironic about what Curtis asks of Lizzie in the healing center?
3. How did Owen die?
4. What does Lizzie do after speaking with Amadou?
5. What does Curtis ask of Lizzie in the healing center?
6. What does Lizzie ask Owen's help with, and why?
7. What happens when Lizzie tries to back out of the Sneaker Clause?
8. What does Curtis tell Lizzie about love?
9. Why does Owen abandon Jen?
10. How is Lizzie able to have a chat with her brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main rules of Elsewhere, and what affect do these have on the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
How did all the people in Elsewhere die, and what affect does this have on their life in Elsewhere?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)