|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Lizzie a gift in the healing center?
2. Who does Curtis get permission from to get married?
3. Why can't Lizzie give a toast at the wedding?
4. What is the biggest obstacle Emily faces with Owen's relationship?
5. What did what Lizzie thought she saw on the surface turn out to really be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lizzie find happiness in her death?
2. What does Curtis give to his new wife as a wedding present?
3. What secret does Lizzie ask Curtis to keep for her?
4. Why does Owen abandon Jen?
5. Why was it so hard for Curtis to believe in love when he got to Elsewhere?
6. What does Lizzie ask Owen's help with, and why?
7. Why does Lizzie choose to back out of the Sneaker Clause?
8. What changes in Lizzie and Owen's relationship as they age in Elsewhere?
9. What happens when Sadie becomes a puppy?
10. Why do Owen and Emily break up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What elements from this book place it in the Fantasy Genre, and how do you feel this changed the tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How did all the people in Elsewhere die, and what affect does this have on their life in Elsewhere?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)