|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie get upset with Owen about after his wife comes to live with him?
2. Who does Thandie bring to Thanksgiving dinner?
3. What is the biggest obstacle Emily faces with Owen's relationship?
4. Who does Lizzie tell that she is going to use the Sneaker Clause?
5. What is special about the gift Curtis gives his new wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lizzie tries to back out of the Sneaker Clause?
2. What does Curtis tell Lizzie about love?
3. What surprise does Lizzie get after Sadie becomes a puppy?
4. What surprise does Lizzie get when she is 9 years old in Elsewhere?
5. Why does Owen choose to contact Alvy?
6. Why does Owen abandon Jen?
7. Why do Lizzie and Owen stop dating?
8. What news does Andous bring to Lizzie about the Sneaker Clause?
9. How does Lizzie find happiness in her death?
10. What does Curtis give to his new wife as a wedding present?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Andous was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
What were the main reasons for the ending of the relationship between Owen and Emily and how did the end of this relationship affect some of the other characters in the book?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)