|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Owen's wife live with a dog?
2. Who takes Lizzie to the healing center?
3. How does Lizzie get to the wedding she is invited to?
4. How long is Lizzie without a dog when Sadie leaves?
5. Who is with Lizzie when she talks to her brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Lizzie get after Sadie becomes a puppy?
2. Why does Owen choose to contact Alvy?
3. How did Owen die?
4. How did Owen deal with his death when he first came to Elsewhere?
5. Why was it so hard for Curtis to believe in love when he got to Elsewhere?
6. What does Curtis give to his new wife as a wedding present?
7. What is so ironic about what Curtis asks of Lizzie in the healing center?
8. What does Lizzie ask Owen's help with, and why?
9. Who is Amadou, and what does he say to Lizzie?
10. How is Lizzie able to have a chat with her brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How was Lizzie able to forgive her killer, and what did this decision to progress the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What elements from this book place it in the Fantasy Genre, and how do you feel this changed the tone of the plot?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)