Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lizzie upset about how the dead age?
2. Why does Lizzie try to stay on the boat?
3. What happens when Lizzie runs into a dog in Elsewhere?
4. What is Aldous Ghant's occupation?
5. What is the name of the vessel Lizzie is on at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzie do when she becomes upset about the way people age in Elsewhere?
2. What does Lizzie want to tell her family when she first prepares to contact them?
3. What is the Sneaker Clause?
4. How did Lizzie die?
5. What news does Andous bring to Lizzie about the Sneaker Clause?
6. How is Lizzie able to have a chat with her brother?
7. What changes in Lizzie and Owen's relationship as they age in Elsewhere?
8. Why does Owen abandon Jen?
9. Why was it so hard for Curtis to believe in love when he got to Elsewhere?
10. What is surprising to Lizzie about the captain of the Nile?
Andous was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
How did Lizzie change when he was around his family and when he was around his friends, and what caused these changes?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)