|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lizzie willing to forgive the man who killed her?
2. What was Lizzie doing when she died?
3. How does Thandie feel when the boat stops?
4. Who is Lizzie's best friend?
5. What does Lizzie teach Sadie about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzie want to tell her family when she first prepares to contact them?
2. What is surprising to Lizzie about the captain of the Nile?
3. How does Lucy plan to deal with her grief at the beginning of the book?
4. How did Lizzie die?
5. Why is it strange for Lucy to be telling us things at the beginning of the book?
6. What is Lizzie's first dream in Elsewhere?
7. What is the Sneaker Clause?
8. What do Curtis, Lizzie, and Thandie all have in common at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Lizzie get an invitation to, and what does she do about it?
10. Who is Thandie, and how does Lizzie meet her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)