|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lizzie offered a job in the land of the dead?
2. What is Lizzie's first dream in the land of the dead?
3. How does Lizzie find out that her killer is unidentified?
4. Who is Lizzie's best friend?
5. What does Lizzie have to buy to go diving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aldous Ghant do for a living?
2. What do the people in the Department of Domestic Animals do?
3. What happens when Sadie becomes a puppy?
4. What does Lizzie do after speaking with Amadou?
5. What does Lizzie try to tell her family when she contacts them?
6. What news does Andous bring to Lizzie about the Sneaker Clause?
7. Who is Amadou, and what does he say to Lizzie?
8. What does Lizzie want to tell her family when she first prepares to contact them?
9. What changes in Lizzie and Owen's relationship as they age in Elsewhere?
10. How does Lizzie thank Owen for his help with Alvy?
Essay Topic 1
Andous was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Owen endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)