|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Lizzie when the ship stops?
2. What is designed to explain the rules of the land of the dead to newcomers?
3. What happens when the dead finish aging?
4. What does Lizzie spend all her money on after learning her killer is unidentified?
5. What is wrong with the girl with Lizzie when she wakes up at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at home when Lizzie contacts her family?
2. How did Lizzie die?
3. How does Lizzie deal with her death when she first wakes up in the book?
4. How does Lizzie discover her gift for speaking with dogs?
5. What is surprising to Lizzie about the captain of the Nile?
6. What does Lizzie try to tell her family when she contacts them?
7. What happens on Lizzie's first day of work?
8. What do the people in the Department of Domestic Animals do?
9. Who is Curtis, and how does Lizzie know him?
10. What does Lizzie get an invitation to, and what does she do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens at the Observation Decks, and how are these moments significant to the main characters in "Elsewhere"?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What elements from this book place it in the Fantasy Genre, and how do you feel this changed the tone of the plot?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)