|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the person waiting for Lizzie when the boat stops?
2. Where does Lizzie have stitches?
3. What does Sadie ask Lizzie for?
4. What does Lizzie get an invitation for?
5. What does Lizzie have to admit before land comes to view?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it strange for Lucy to be telling us things at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Lizzie discover her gift for speaking with dogs?
3. What happens at home when Lizzie contacts her family?
4. Why is Lizzie so upset when she learns how people age in Elsewhere?
5. What does Lizzie try to tell her family when she contacts them?
6. What do Curtis, Lizzie, and Thandie all have in common at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Lizzie get an invitation to, and what does she do about it?
8. Who is Thandie, and how does Lizzie meet her?
9. How does Lizzie deal with her death when she first wakes up in the book?
10. Who is Betty, and how does she know Lizzie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main reasons for the ending of the relationship between Owen and Emily and how did the end of this relationship affect some of the other characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main rules of Elsewhere, and what affect do these have on the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Sneaker Clause, and what affect does it have on the plot and the main characters in "Elsewhere"?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)