|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie think is happening to her when she wakes up?
2. What does Sadie ask Lizzie for?
3. Who makes sure Lizzie gets to her appointment on her first day in the land of the dead?
4. What is designed to explain the rules of the land of the dead to newcomers?
5. What is the land of the dead called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzie want to tell her family when she first prepares to contact them?
2. How did Lizzie die?
3. What does Lizzie get an invitation to, and what does she do about it?
4. Who is Betty, and how does she know Lizzie?
5. What do the people in the Department of Domestic Animals do?
6. What happens on Lizzie's first day of work?
7. What happens when Lizzie makes a list of after contacting her family?
8. What allows Lizzie to forgive the man who killed her?
9. What does Lizzie try to tell her family when she contacts them?
10. Who is Thandie, and how does Lizzie meet her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main reasons for the ending of the relationship between Owen and Emily and how did the end of this relationship affect some of the other characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Owen endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)