|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lizzie offered a job in the land of the dead?
2. What kind of tool is on the Observation Deck?
3. Who does Lizzie first ask about the Well?
4. How do the dead age?
5. What does Lucy pretend to feel better at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What allows Lizzie to forgive the man who killed her?
2. How does Lizzie discover her gift for speaking with dogs?
3. What do the people in the Department of Domestic Animals do?
4. What happens at home when Lizzie contacts her family?
5. What is the Sneaker Clause?
6. Who is Betty, and how does she know Lizzie?
7. What does Owen say to Lizzie after she contacts her family?
8. What does Lizzie get an invitation to, and what does she do about it?
9. What is the Well?
10. What happens when Lizzie makes a list of after contacting her family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
How was Lizzie able to forgive her killer, and what did this decision to progress the plot?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)