|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thandie get mad at Lizzie?
2. How does Betty find out about the diving?
3. Who hears Lizzie when she tries to communicate with her family?
4. What does Lizzie spend all her money on after learning her killer is unidentified?
5. What does Lizzie think is happening to her when she wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lizzie's first dream in Elsewhere?
2. What clues does Lizzie have to her death?
3. What allows Lizzie to forgive the man who killed her?
4. What happens when Lizzie makes a list of after contacting her family?
5. Who is Thandie, and how does Lizzie meet her?
6. What do the people in the Department of Domestic Animals do?
7. Why is it strange for Lucy to be telling us things at the beginning of the book?
8. How does Lucy plan to deal with her grief at the beginning of the book?
9. What were Lizzie's last spoken words, and how does she feel when she finds out what they were?
10. Who is Curtis, and how does Lizzie know him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did all the people in Elsewhere die, and what affect does this have on their life in Elsewhere?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)