|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lizzie willing to forgive the man who killed her?
2. How old is the person waiting for Lizzie when the boat stops?
3. What does Lucy think about the parents statements about Lizzie for comfort at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does Lizzie get the money for her diving equipment?
5. How does Betty find out about the diving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Lizzie's last spoken words, and how does she feel when she finds out what they were?
2. Why do Owen and Emily break up?
3. What is the Well?
4. How does Lucy plan to deal with her grief at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Owen tell Alvy when he contacts him?
6. What does Lizzie spend a lot of money on when she first gets to Elsewhere?
7. What does Lizzie do when she becomes upset about the way people age in Elsewhere?
8. How does Lizzie thank Owen for his help with Alvy?
9. Why does Owen abandon Jen?
10. What happens when Sadie becomes a puppy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the main reasons for the ending of the relationship between Owen and Emily and how did the end of this relationship affect some of the other characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Owen endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)