|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lizzie get the money for her diving equipment?
2. How old is the captain of the Nile?
3. What did Lizzie hide before her death?
4. Where does Lizzie have stitches?
5. What is the name of the girl with Lizzie when she wakes up at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aldous Ghant do for a living?
2. How does Lucy plan to deal with her grief at the beginning of the book?
3. What happens on Lizzie's first day of work?
4. How did Lizzie die?
5. What do Curtis, Lizzie, and Thandie all have in common at the beginning of the book?
6. What happens at home when Lizzie contacts her family?
7. What does Lizzie get an invitation to, and what does she do about it?
8. What does Owen say to Lizzie after she contacts her family?
9. What does Lizzie do when she becomes upset about the way people age in Elsewhere?
10. Why is Lizzie so upset when she learns how people age in Elsewhere?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andous was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
What elements from this book place it in the Fantasy Genre, and how do you feel this changed the tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)