|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie teach Sadie about?
2. What color are the only clothes Lizzie has when she first gets to the land of the dead?
3. How does Lizzie know how to dive?
4. What is Lizzie doing when the details of dead aging are explained?
5. Who does Lizzie buy postcards for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lizzie deal with her death when she first wakes up in the book?
2. Who is Betty, and how does she know Lizzie?
3. What does Lizzie try to tell her family when she contacts them?
4. What does Lizzie want to tell her family when she first prepares to contact them?
5. How does Lucy plan to deal with her grief at the beginning of the book?
6. How do people in Elsewhere age?
7. What clues does Lizzie have to her death?
8. What happens when Lizzie makes a list of after contacting her family?
9. What is the Sneaker Clause?
10. What were Lizzie's last spoken words, and how does she feel when she finds out what they were?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)