|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Thandie's last words full of?
2. What is Curtis's job in Elsewhere?
3. What was Lizzie doing when she died?
4. Who first tells us Lizzie is dead?
5. What did Lizzie hide before her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at home when Lizzie contacts her family?
2. How did Lizzie die?
3. Why is Lizzie so upset when she learns how people age in Elsewhere?
4. What does Lizzie want to tell her family when she first prepares to contact them?
5. What does Lizzie do when she becomes upset about the way people age in Elsewhere?
6. What allows Lizzie to forgive the man who killed her?
7. What is the Well?
8. What happens on Lizzie's first day of work?
9. How do people in Elsewhere age?
10. What does Aldous Ghant do for a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the most upsetting thing for Lizzie in her new life in Elsewhere, and how is this resolved?
Essay Topic 2
What were the main reasons for the ending of the relationship between Owen and Emily and how did the end of this relationship affect some of the other characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Andous was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)