Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lizzie upset about how the dead age?
2. Why does Lizzie try to stay on the boat?
3. What happens when Lizzie runs into a dog in Elsewhere?
4. What is Aldous Ghant's occupation?
5. What is the name of the vessel Lizzie is on at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzie do when she becomes upset about the way people age in Elsewhere?
2. What does Lizzie want to tell her family when she first prepares to contact them?
3. What is the Sneaker Clause?
4. How did Lizzie die?
5. What news does Andous bring to Lizzie about the Sneaker Clause?
6. How is Lizzie able to have a chat with her brother?
7. What changes in Lizzie and Owen's relationship as they age in Elsewhere?
8. Why does Owen abandon Jen?
9. Why was it so hard for Curtis to believe in love when he got to Elsewhere?
10. What is surprising to Lizzie about the captain of the Nile?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the main rules of Elsewhere, and what affect do these have on the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Sneaker Clause, and what affect does it have on the plot and the main characters in "Elsewhere"?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)