|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Lizzie give a toast at the wedding?
(a) There is no water at the wedding.
(b) It is too dark.
(c) She is late.
(d) She is dead.
2. What was Owen trying to save just before he died?
(a) A child.
(b) A cat.
(c) A woman.
(d) A dog.
3. What is special about the gift Curtis gives his new wife?
(a) It gives them hope for the future.
(b) It is the first he wrote in Elsewhere.
(c) It is a memory from Earth.
(d) It is a change in his mindset.
4. What did Owen become in Elsewhere when he was done diving?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A detective.
(c) A consultant.
(d) A fisherman.
5. What does Lizzie ask Owen to teach her?
(a) How to parallel park.
(b) How to focus on the Observation Deck.
(c) How to communicate without diving.
(d) How to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Lizzie and Owen behave when they get younger?
2. Who takes Lizzie to the healing center?
3. How does Lizzie thank Owen for his help?
4. Who does Lizzie talk to when she can't make a toast at the wedding?
5. How long do people search for Lizzie before giving up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Owen tell Alvy when he contacts him?
2. What does Lizzie do after speaking with Amadou?
3. What changes in Lizzie and Owen's relationship as they age in Elsewhere?
4. How does Lizzie find happiness in her death?
5. Why do Owen and Emily break up?
6. How does Lizzie thank Owen for his help with Alvy?
7. What surprise does Lizzie get when she is 9 years old in Elsewhere?
8. Why was it so hard for Curtis to believe in love when he got to Elsewhere?
9. What does Lizzie ask Owen's help with, and why?
10. How did Owen deal with his death when he first came to Elsewhere?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)