|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lizzie think is happening to her when she wakes up?
(a) She is in a coma.
(b) She is dreaming.
(c) She is getting surgery.
(d) She is high.
2. Where is Lizzie when she wakes up?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A cell.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A boat.
3. What is the name of the person waiting for Lizzie when the boat stops?
4. What was Lizzie doing when she died?
(a) Walking her dog.
(b) Making a phone call.
(c) Doing her homework.
(d) Riding a bike.
5. How does Lizzie know how to dive?
(a) She reads about it in Elsewhere.
(b) She studied it in school.
(c) She asked a fish.
(d) She learned when she was alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie have to admit before land comes to view?
2. How does Lizzie feel when she wakes from her first dream in the land of the dead?
3. Who talks with Lizzie on the Observation Deck?
4. What building is Lizzie's first appointment in the land of the dead held?
5. What does Lizzie say she is going to use the money she spends on her diving equipment for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people in the Department of Domestic Animals do?
2. What does Owen say to Lizzie after she contacts her family?
3. How do people in Elsewhere age?
4. What happens on Lizzie's first day of work?
5. Why is it strange for Lucy to be telling us things at the beginning of the book?
6. Who is Curtis, and how does Lizzie know him?
7. What clues does Lizzie have to her death?
8. What happens when Lizzie makes a list of after contacting her family?
9. How does Lizzie deal with her death when she first wakes up in the book?
10. How did Lizzie die?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)