|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appointment does Lizzie have on her first day in the land of the dead?
2. What is the name of the vessel Lizzie is on at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Noun.
(b) The Nice.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The Nine.
3. What does Lizzie have to admit before land comes to view?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is in pain.
(c) She is alone.
(d) She is alive.
4. What are the parents trying to comfort themselves about at the beginning of the book?
(a) Lucy's illness.
(b) Lizzie's death.
(d) Selling Lucy.
5. Who does Lizzie first ask about the Well?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lizzie feel when she wakes from her first dream in the land of the dead?
2. Who is waiting for Lizzie when the ship stops?
3. What is wrong with the girl with Lizzie when she wakes up at the beginning of the book?
4. What is the name of the person waiting for Lizzie when the boat stops?
5. What is Curtis's job in Elsewhere?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Lizzie's last spoken words, and how does she feel when she finds out what they were?
2. What does Lizzie spend a lot of money on when she first gets to Elsewhere?
3. What does Lizzie want to tell her family when she first prepares to contact them?
4. What happens at home when Lizzie contacts her family?
5. How does Lucy plan to deal with her grief at the beginning of the book?
6. What is surprising to Lizzie about the captain of the Nile?
7. What clues does Lizzie have to her death?
8. What does Aldous Ghant do for a living?
9. What do the people in the Department of Domestic Animals do?
10. What does Lizzie do when she becomes upset about the way people age in Elsewhere?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)