Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lizzie upset about how the dead age?
(a) She wants to catch up with her grandmother.
(b) She was happy the way things were.
(c) She will never get to be 16.
(d) She is scared of dying again.
2. Why does Lizzie try to stay on the boat?
(a) She is afraid of Thandie.
(b) She needs time to think.
(c) She wants a ride back to the living.
(d) She is watching for Curtis.
3. What happens when Lizzie runs into a dog in Elsewhere?
(a) The dog runs away from her.
(b) She recognizes the dog.
(c) She bursts into tears.
(d) They have a conversation.
4. What is Aldous Ghant's occupation?
5. What is the name of the vessel Lizzie is on at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The Noun.
(c) The Nine.
(d) The Nice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucy sad about at the beginning of the book?
2. What color are the only clothes Lizzie has when she first gets to the land of the dead?
3. What does Lizzie think is happening to her when she wakes up?
4. Why is Lizzie willing to forgive the man who killed her?
5. How does Lizzie's best friend disappoint her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzie do when she becomes upset about the way people age in Elsewhere?
2. What does Lizzie want to tell her family when she first prepares to contact them?
3. What is the Sneaker Clause?
4. How did Lizzie die?
5. What news does Andous bring to Lizzie about the Sneaker Clause?
6. How is Lizzie able to have a chat with her brother?
7. What changes in Lizzie and Owen's relationship as they age in Elsewhere?
8. Why does Owen abandon Jen?
9. Why was it so hard for Curtis to believe in love when he got to Elsewhere?
10. What is surprising to Lizzie about the captain of the Nile?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)