|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Thandie's last words full of?
2. Where is Lizzie offered a job in the land of the dead?
(a) The Department of Deportation.
(b) The Department of Domestic Animals.
(c) The Department of Newcomer Counseling.
(d) The Department of Last Words.
3. What does Lizzie have to admit before land comes to view?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is alone.
(c) She is alive.
(d) She is in pain.
4. How does the captain get Lizzie off the ship?
(a) He picks her up.
(b) He talks comforting words to her.
(c) He lies to her.
(d) He threatens her.
5. Where does Lizzie get the money for her diving equipment?
(a) She takes on extra shifts.
(b) She takes out a loan.
(c) She steals it.
(d) Betty gives it to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lizzie doing when she died?
2. Who is waiting for Lizzie when the ship stops?
3. What is Aldous Ghant's occupation?
4. What does Lizzie spend all her money on after learning her killer is unidentified?
5. What was Lizzie's last word in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Owen die?
2. How do people in Elsewhere age?
3. How does Lucy plan to deal with her grief at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Lizzie get an invitation to, and what does she do about it?
5. What does Lizzie do after speaking with Amadou?
6. What do Curtis, Lizzie, and Thandie all have in common at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Lizzie thank Owen for his help with Alvy?
8. What does Lizzie try to tell her family when she contacts them?
9. How is Lizzie able to have a chat with her brother?
10. Why do Lizzie and Owen stop dating?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)