|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lizzie offered a job in the land of the dead?
(a) The Department of Deportation.
(b) The Department of Last Words.
(c) The Department of Newcomer Counseling.
(d) The Department of Domestic Animals.
2. What is Lizzie doing when the details of dead aging are explained?
3. What appointment does Lizzie have on her first day in the land of the dead?
4. Who hears Lizzie when she tries to communicate with her family?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her aunt.
5. What does Lizzie have to admit before land comes to view?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is in pain.
(c) She is alive.
(d) She is alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lizzie at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Lizzie try to stay on the boat?
3. How long are the snippets Lizzie watches people in?
4. How does Betty find out about the diving?
5. What did Lizzie die of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzie do when she becomes upset about the way people age in Elsewhere?
2. What does Lizzie spend a lot of money on when she first gets to Elsewhere?
3. What happens on Lizzie's first day of work?
4. What do Curtis, Lizzie, and Thandie all have in common at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Lizzie try to tell her family when she contacts them?
6. What does Lizzie get an invitation to, and what does she do about it?
7. How does Lucy plan to deal with her grief at the beginning of the book?
8. How do people in Elsewhere age?
9. What happens when Lizzie makes a list of after contacting her family?
10. What do the people in the Department of Domestic Animals do?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)