|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the vessel Lizzie is on at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Nice.
(b) The Nile.
(c) The Noun.
(d) The Nine.
2. Where does Lizzie get the money for her diving equipment?
(a) Betty gives it to her.
(b) She takes on extra shifts.
(c) She takes out a loan.
(d) She steals it.
3. How does Lizzie find out that her killer is unidentified?
(a) It comes to her in a dream.
(b) She reads it in the Elsewhere paper.
(c) She hears her parents talking about it.
(d) Betty tells her.
4. What does Lizzie vow when she hears what her last word in life was?
(a) To write about the experience.
(b) To be tougher in her next life.
(c) To return to her life.
(d) To never say that word again.
5. What is Curtis's job in Elsewhere?
(b) Construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucy?
2. What does OD stand for in Elsewhere?
3. Where is Lizzie when she wakes up?
4. Who talks with Lizzie on the Observation Deck?
5. What did Lizzie hide before her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzie do when she becomes upset about the way people age in Elsewhere?
2. What does Lizzie want to tell her family when she first prepares to contact them?
3. What does Owen say to Lizzie after she contacts her family?
4. How do people in Elsewhere age?
5. What happens when Lizzie makes a list of after contacting her family?
6. Why is Lizzie so upset when she learns how people age in Elsewhere?
7. What do the people in the Department of Domestic Animals do?
8. What allows Lizzie to forgive the man who killed her?
9. What do Curtis, Lizzie, and Thandie all have in common at the beginning of the book?
10. What is the Sneaker Clause?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)