|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Curtis's job in Elsewhere?
(c) Construction worker.
2. How does Thandie feel when the boat stops?
3. What does Lizzie have to admit before land comes to view?
(a) She is alive.
(b) She is in pain.
(c) She is alone.
(d) She is dead.
4. Who tells Lizzie all about the Well?
(c) The Commissioner.
5. Where is Lizzie offered a job in the land of the dead?
(a) The Department of Newcomer Counseling.
(b) The Department of Last Words.
(c) The Department of Deportation.
(d) The Department of Domestic Animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Well?
2. How does Lizzie take advantage of her invitation?
3. What does Lizzie spend all her money on after learning her killer is unidentified?
4. What does Lizzie think is happening to her when she wakes up?
5. Who was Lizzie hiding something from before her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do people in Elsewhere age?
2. What do Curtis, Lizzie, and Thandie all have in common at the beginning of the book?
3. Why is Lizzie so upset when she learns how people age in Elsewhere?
4. How does Lucy plan to deal with her grief at the beginning of the book?
5. What were Lizzie's last spoken words, and how does she feel when she finds out what they were?
6. What does Lizzie want to tell her family when she first prepares to contact them?
7. What is surprising to Lizzie about the captain of the Nile?
8. What happens on Lizzie's first day of work?
9. What happens at home when Lizzie contacts her family?
10. Who is Thandie, and how does Lizzie meet her?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)