|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Lizzie how the dead age?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) The guide.
(c) The captain.
2. What does Owen tell Lizzie about her communication with her family?
(a) It will change them.
(b) It will only hurt them.
(c) It will comfort them.
(d) It will confuse them.
3. What does Lizzie ask her house mate to take her to after her job interview?
(a) Her own room.
(b) The river.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) An observation deck.
4. What is the name of the vessel Lizzie is on at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Nine.
(b) The Nice.
(c) The Noun.
(d) The Nile.
5. What does Lizzie have to speak to take the job she is first offered in the land of the dead?
(c) Inner heart.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Lizzie runs into a dog in Elsewhere?
2. What does Lizzie go in search of when she wakes up at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Lucy?
4. What is Lizzie's first dream in the land of the dead?
5. Who is Lizzie's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lizzie spend a lot of money on when she first gets to Elsewhere?
2. What does Lizzie try to tell her family when she contacts them?
3. How do people in Elsewhere age?
4. What were Lizzie's last spoken words, and how does she feel when she finds out what they were?
5. What does Lizzie do when she becomes upset about the way people age in Elsewhere?
6. What do Curtis, Lizzie, and Thandie all have in common at the beginning of the book?
7. Who is Betty, and how does she know Lizzie?
8. What allows Lizzie to forgive the man who killed her?
9. What is the Sneaker Clause?
10. How does Lizzie discover her gift for speaking with dogs?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)