|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the person waiting for Lizzie when the boat stops?
2. Who was Lizzie hiding something from before her death?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her best friend.
3. What is wrong with the girl with Lizzie when she wakes up at the beginning of the book?
(a) She has spots all over.
(b) Her arm is cut.
(c) She has a hole in her head.
(d) There is a strange smell coming from her.
4. What does Lucy pretend to feel better at the beginning of the book?
(a) She will live again.
(b) Lizzie went to college.
(c) She is in a better place now.
(d) Her children will visit.
5. What is the Sneaker Clause?
(a) A chance for the young to wear sneakers.
(b) Something that allows young people to return to Earth.
(c) The only way to age correctly in the land of the dead.
(d) A way to choose an occupation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lizzie buy postcards for?
2. Where is Lizzie when she wakes up?
3. What is the Well?
4. What kind of tool is on the Observation Deck?
5. Who tells Lizzie all about the Well?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Thandie, and how does Lizzie meet her?
2. What does Lizzie get an invitation to, and what does she do about it?
3. Why is it strange for Lucy to be telling us things at the beginning of the book?
4. What is surprising to Lizzie about the captain of the Nile?
5. What happens when Lizzie makes a list of after contacting her family?
6. How does Lizzie deal with her death when she first wakes up in the book?
7. Who is Curtis, and how does Lizzie know him?
8. What does Lizzie want to tell her family when she first prepares to contact them?
9. What do the people in the Department of Domestic Animals do?
10. What happens on Lizzie's first day of work?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)