|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Lizzie give a toast at the wedding?
(a) It is too dark.
(b) She is late.
(c) She is dead.
(d) There is no water at the wedding.
2. Who does Curtis start dating?
3. What job did Owen have when he died?
(a) Construction worker.
(c) Police man.
4. Who is Amadou?
(a) Zooey's husband.
(b) The captain of a boat.
(c) The man who will take Lizzie's job.
(d) The man who killed Lizzie.
5. How does Lizzie get to the wedding she is invited to?
(a) On the Nile.
(b) Through the Well.
(c) At the Observation Decks.
(d) Through the Sneaker Clause.
6. Who does Lizzie tell that she is going to use the Sneaker Clause?
7. Where does Lizzie's go to start the Sneaker Clause?
(a) The beach.
(b) The Observation Deck.
(c) The river.
(d) The boat dock.
8. Why does Owen make contact with Alvy?
(a) To distract himself.
(b) To get a raise.
(c) To help Lizzie.
(d) To make Emma happy.
9. Where are the newcomers to Elsewhere announced?
(a) The news.
(b) The magazines.
(c) The ship station.
(d) The book of the dead.
10. What is Owen's wife's name?
11. Who goes to stop Lizzie from using the Sneaker Clause?
(d) All of these.
12. How does Lizzie get a wedding invitation?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A message in the clouds.
(c) Through a message in a bottle.
(d) In a post card.
13. What did what Lizzie thought she saw on the surface turn out to really be?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A dog tag.
(c) A boat.
(d) A search light.
14. Who does Aldous bring to Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His wife.
15. What was Lizzie most upset about missing out on Earth?
(a) A real job.
(d) Physical intimacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dives did Owen make after he died?
2. What does Lizzie realize as she begins her journey on the Sneaker Clause?
3. What happens when Lizzie tries to escape the Sneaker Clause?
4. What does Amadou say to Lizzie?
5. How old was Owen when he died?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)