|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tool is on the Observation Deck?
2. What appointment does Lizzie have on her first day in the land of the dead?
3. What is the Sneaker Clause?
(a) Something that allows young people to return to Earth.
(b) The only way to age correctly in the land of the dead.
(c) A chance for the young to wear sneakers.
(d) A way to choose an occupation.
4. What are the parents trying to comfort themselves about at the beginning of the book?
(b) Lizzie's death.
(c) Lucy's illness.
(d) Selling Lucy.
5. How long are the snippets Lizzie watches people in?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
6. What does Lizzie have to admit before land comes to view?
(a) She is alive.
(b) She is in pain.
(c) She is alone.
(d) She is dead.
7. How does the captain get Lizzie off the ship?
(a) He threatens her.
(b) He talks comforting words to her.
(c) He picks her up.
(d) He lies to her.
8. How does Thandie feel when the boat stops?
9. Who tells Lizzie all about the Well?
(d) The Commissioner.
10. Who makes sure Lizzie gets to her appointment on her first day in the land of the dead?
(b) The Chancelor.
11. How does Lizzie feel when she wakes from her first dream in the land of the dead?
12. What color are the only clothes Lizzie has when she first gets to the land of the dead?
13. What does Lizzie teach Sadie about?
(d) A kennel.
14. Who does Lizzie buy postcards for?
(b) Her new coworkers.
(d) Living people.
15. What does Lizzie have to speak to take the job she is first offered in the land of the dead?
(a) All of these.
(b) Inner heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is designed to explain the rules of the land of the dead to newcomers?
2. Who talks with Lizzie on the Observation Deck?
3. What is Curtis's job in Elsewhere?
4. Where did Lizzie hide something before her death?
5. Where is the Well found?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)