|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the girl with Lizzie at the beginning of the book die of?
(b) Gunshot wound.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Drug overdose.
2. What does Owen tell Lizzie about her communication with her family?
(a) It will only hurt them.
(b) It will comfort them.
(c) It will change them.
(d) It will confuse them.
3. What does Lucy pretend to feel better at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her children will visit.
(b) She will live again.
(c) Lizzie went to college.
(d) She is in a better place now.
4. Who was Lizzie hiding something from before her death?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
5. What did Lizzie hide before her death?
(a) A gun.
(b) A sweater.
(c) A picture.
(d) A CD.
6. What building is Lizzie's first appointment in the land of the dead held?
(a) The Headquarters.
(b) The Hospital.
(c) The Castle.
(d) The Registry.
7. What does Lucy think about the parents statements about Lizzie for comfort at the beginning of the book?
(a) She doesn't believe them.
(b) She is angered by them.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She likes them.
8. What does OD stand for in Elsewhere?
(a) Observation Deck.
(b) Overly Distraught.
(c) Obvious Dilemma.
9. What do the parents say about Lizzie at the beginning of the book to comfort themselves?
(a) She felt no pain.
(b) All of these.
(c) She knew the risks.
(d) She is in a better place.
10. What is the name of the person waiting for Lizzie when the boat stops?
11. What does Lizzie vow when she hears what her last word in life was?
(a) To write about the experience.
(b) To return to her life.
(c) To never say that word again.
(d) To be tougher in her next life.
12. What is Curtis's job in Elsewhere?
(b) Construction worker.
13. What does Lizzie get an invitation for?
(a) A dinner party.
(c) A sweet sixteen party.
(d) Her funeral.
14. What does Lizzie ask her house mate to take her to after her job interview?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) An observation deck.
(c) The river.
(d) Her own room.
15. What does Lizzie pray for in her bunk at the beginning of the book?
(a) For her mother to wake her up.
(b) For her dog to come to her.
(c) For her memories to return.
(d) For the pain to stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Lizzie how the dead age?
2. What was Lizzie doing when she died?
3. What is the name of the vessel Lizzie is on at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Lizzie feel when she wakes from her first dream in the land of the dead?
5. What is Lizzie doing when the details of dead aging are explained?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)