|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy pretend to feel better at the beginning of the book?
(a) Lizzie went to college.
(b) Her children will visit.
(c) She is in a better place now.
(d) She will live again.
2. Where does Lizzie get the money to watch people in snippets?
(a) She begs for it.
(b) Betty gives it to her.
(c) She works for it.
(d) She steals it.
3. Why is Lizzie willing to forgive the man who killed her?
(a) He is sorry.
(b) She can be happy here.
(c) Her parents have moved on.
(d) It was an accident.
4. How old is the captain of the Nile?
5. What is wrong with Lizzie's hair?
(a) It is very long.
(b) It is cut short.
(c) She has a wig.
(d) Her head is shaved.
6. How long are the snippets Lizzie watches people in?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
7. What happens when Lizzie runs into a dog in Elsewhere?
(a) She bursts into tears.
(b) They have a conversation.
(c) The dog runs away from her.
(d) She recognizes the dog.
8. Who first tells us Lizzie is dead?
9. How do the dead age?
(a) In reverse.
(b) Not at all.
(c) One year per decade.
(d) By wish.
10. What does Owen tell Lizzie about her communication with her family?
(a) It will only hurt them.
(b) It will change them.
(c) It will confuse them.
(d) It will comfort them.
11. What is the name of the vessel Lizzie is on at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Noun.
(b) The Nile.
(c) The Nice.
(d) The Nine.
12. What does Lizzie get an invitation for?
(a) A sweet sixteen party.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) Her funeral.
13. What does Lizzie spend all her money on after learning her killer is unidentified?
(a) Finding out who he is.
(b) Erasing her memories.
(c) Setting up judgement for her killer.
(d) Getting a message to her parents.
14. How does the captain get Lizzie off the ship?
(a) He threatens her.
(b) He picks her up.
(c) He lies to her.
(d) He talks comforting words to her.
15. Why is Lizzie upset about how the dead age?
(a) She is scared of dying again.
(b) She wants to catch up with her grandmother.
(c) She will never get to be 16.
(d) She was happy the way things were.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aldous Ghant's occupation?
2. Where does Lizzie have stitches?
3. What does Lizzie go in search of when she wakes up at the beginning of the book?
4. What are the parents trying to comfort themselves about at the beginning of the book?
5. What happens when the dead finish aging?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)