Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what truths does Ellen begin to figure out?
2. Why does Ellen's grandmother threaten to break Ellen's hands?
3. What irks Nadine and Betsy about their mother's death?
4. In Ellen's new life in Chapter 12, who wakes her up every day for school?
5. Why doesn't Jo Jo have to participate in the after-church activity?
An underlining theme throughout the novel was death. Several people in Ellen's life died, and metaphorically Ellen herself died and had a rebirth. Using details from the text describe how the topic of death was a central theme throughout the novel.
Using the context clues located in the story, how can the reader determine the setting even though the author and narrator never explicitly provides the reader with the information?
In what ways does addiction manifest itself in Ellen's story? How does Ellen cope with the addiction around her?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)