Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what truths does Ellen begin to figure out?
2. Why does Ellen's grandmother threaten to break Ellen's hands?
3. What irks Nadine and Betsy about their mother's death?
4. In Ellen's new life in Chapter 12, who wakes her up every day for school?
5. Why doesn't Jo Jo have to participate in the after-church activity?
List and discuss several ways that Ellen's character evolved throughout the novel.
In several instances in the text, Ellen tries to control the small things around her. Why does Ellen need to control these things?
In two instances of the story Ellen describes her Christmas celebrations. Compare and contrast the two occasions using details from the text as an aid.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)