Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what truths does Ellen begin to figure out?
2. Why does Ellen's grandmother threaten to break Ellen's hands?
3. What irks Nadine and Betsy about their mother's death?
4. In Ellen's new life in Chapter 12, who wakes her up every day for school?
5. Why doesn't Jo Jo have to participate in the after-church activity?
Essay Topic 1
Using details from class discussions and from the text, describe how the author created a dualism in Ellen's life.
Essay Topic 2
Using the context clues located in the story, how can the reader determine the setting even though the author and narrator never explicitly provides the reader with the information?
Essay Topic 3
Using the discussions from class and details from the text list some of the ways Ellen had to fend for herself.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)