Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what truths does Ellen begin to figure out?
2. Why does Ellen's grandmother threaten to break Ellen's hands?
3. What irks Nadine and Betsy about their mother's death?
4. In Ellen's new life in Chapter 12, who wakes her up every day for school?
5. Why doesn't Jo Jo have to participate in the after-church activity?
Essay Topic 1
Using the context clues located in the story, how can the reader determine the setting even though the author and narrator never explicitly provides the reader with the information?
Essay Topic 2
In several instances in the text, Ellen tries to control the small things around her. Why does Ellen need to control these things?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the symbolic elements the author uses in the story? Use class discussion and the text to support your answer.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)