Short Answer Key
1. Who does Ellen consider killing?
2. What method does Ellen consider using to kill someone?
A poisonous spider.
3. Who is the main character in the story?
4. How does Ellen's father die?
5. Who visits Ellen at school after she is a ward of the state?
6. One day Ellen is given an inkblot test. What does Ellen call the inkblots?
7. What type of sickness does Ellen say weakens her mother's heart?
8. Why does Ellen feel that her mother is better off in the hospital than at home?
At the hospital she is cared for.
9. What does Ellen think her father is?
A mean monster.
10. What has Ellen's mother's absence forced Ellen to obtain for herself?
11. What writing tense does the author use to tell Ellen's story?
This section contains 2,236 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)