|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom must Ellen share the pony with?
(a) The other children in the house.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) No one.
2. In order to stay the night at Starletta's house, what lie does Ellen tell Starletta's parents?
(a) That her house burned down.
(b) That she locked herself out.
(c) That her father was drunk.
(d) That she was scared.
3. Who decides that Ellen must move in with a family member?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) The courts.
(c) Her father.
4. What room does Ellen stay in at her grandmother's house?
(a) Her mother's old room.
(b) Her grandmother's room.
(c) The basement.
(d) None, she slept on the floor.
5. Before the end of the service, but after the fight with Ellen's father, what does this well-to-do relative do?
(a) Leaves the service.
(b) Slaps Ellen's father.
(c) Slaps Ellen.
(d) Kidnaps Ellen.
Short Answer Questions
1. A drive through what part of town is necessary to reach the location where the funeral service is being held?
2. How many guests does Ellen invite to her birthday party?
3. Where does Ellen hide on New Year's Day while she waits for her father and his friends to leave her house?
4. What luxuries does Ellen have in her new life that did not exist in her old life?
5. Who are Stella, Frances, and Jo Jo?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)